Forum › Posts by PraiseYuri

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Lol at the volume 2 announcement when this manga has started 5 years ago.

Before this chapter, the last time Kon made a physical appearance was chapter 14, which was almost 2 years ago. I remember wanting to like this manga when it first came out, but it's so hard to get invested in it when it updates sooooo sporadically.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Random filler arc/OVA bait. At least it was only 2 chapters.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

When the series started out, I didn't think much of Natsume, because she did neglect Yuni for her club, as well as being quietly ashamed of their relationship, actively hiding it from others. But this chapter turned my opinion of her around, since she has been shown fully capable of learning from her mistakes and striving to do better. She is also quite a bit bolder now, kissing Yuni in public -- granted, it was off the main street, but someone could still see and out them. Natsume has grown from her misfortune and became a better person.

Yuni, on the other hand...

Yeah, Natsume in the beginning was very selfish. Yuni was her girlfriend but their relationship must be kept secret and club taking priority over the relationship just made it feel like Natsume wanted Yuni as a girlfriend, but only when it was convenient for Natsume. That said this is the most fixable flaw out of all the main characters, I do believe it's a flaw that could be grown out of .

Yuni is just too easily corruptable. Not being able to effectively communicate her relationship problems with her partner leading to turmoil is realistic and understandable. But she should have sooner broken up with Natsume rather than start cheating on her to feel better while still stringing the original relationship along. Even in a happy relationship, I think Yuni could easily be corrupted to cheat anyways with how easy it is to manipulate her.

Fuuko has no redeeming qualities besides being attractive.

The happy ending is Natsume grows out of Yuni and lives her life while Yuni and Fuuko get in their toxic relationship and probably end up on the news in a domestic violence/murder case.

last edited at Nov 19, 2023 12:47PM

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

When Yuni is with Fuuko she yearns for Senpai. When she's with Senpai, she yearns for Fuuko. Girl has a mad toxic mindset.

Fuuko didn't fight for anyone. She took advantage of someone who was in a neglectful relationship and someone who was vulnerable. There's a difference between being a supportive friend (who's going to tell another friend that their girlfriend is bad to them) and suddenly intruding into someone's relationship by stalking them and blackmailing them.

I agree, Fuuko is just opportunistic. She didn't care about Yuni's relationship, Fuuko just saw a chance to win Yuni's affection and used whatever ammo she could to manipulate Yuni's feelings. Definitely an everyone sucks kinda manga.

last edited at Nov 18, 2023 9:41PM

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Kazura is the simp that goes in debt to send donations to her favorite e-thot.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Rinarina is also a lesbian and probably doesn't have problems with cash since she already booked all the ero courses with Maron, right? Feels weird if the author decides to write Rinarina as a willing bachelorette to solve this pickle they created.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Page 20 we see Ouma Yomiko (the test of courage, demon seeing girl) in the prez's team. However she now has white hair and her eyes look somewhat sharper. Wonder if this will mean anything for future chapters like we find out she's possessed by a spirit now or something.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

I like Arare going the Ucchi path of disgust > obsession > genuine affection for her onee-chan

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

For manga they have to end on a chapter that rounds out a complete volume for example, if they go over, if they're allowed to go over, they need to go over for an entire extra volume, like what happened with Dorohedoro.

I have quite a few series on my bookshelf where the last volume is notably thicker than the others because the ending chapter(s) doesn't fit neatly into a normal volume, there's no way this is a given practice.

last edited at Aug 17, 2023 6:34PM

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

. . . realized they'd plotted themselves into a corner and had neglected to come up with a way out.

Honestly it doesn't feel like they planned ahead much or thought too deeply about anything.

I mean, at some point they make a point of explaining the background of the archbishop and babylon as both being invested into the well-being of the refugees and working towards a common goal with their respective organizations - only to then find their differences causing them to become enemies that can't reconcile over the question of "how".

But at the end babylon-woman just goes "that's childish" instead of some sort "hey look, we tried that, it didn't work, what makes you think it'll go better now?" or aaaanyyything else that'd even remotely connect back to this obvious parallel development ^^;

I agree, if you read the story from beginning to end, I doubt you'd find a consistent story flow, it certainly didn't feel that way reading chapter by chapter. Remember when it started as some romantic comedy between Rose and Benika. And then it had that randomly long action sequence of protect the Dad. And then it introduced the 2 new hitmen doing an idiot duo routine. The tone of the story was everywhere, it really does feel like story beats were written week by week.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Fun binge read. Bit edgy but not edgy enough to break suspension of disbelief yet. I like how they mix things up by making an isekai world where the natives are used to getting spammed by anime protagonists. I don't really see a yuri path for this manga but it's a fair bit better than the usual trashy, ecchi stuff that "yuri action" manga usually is so I'll keep my eye on this title for now.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Sadly an empty ending so not much to talk about.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

You know a manga is good when it stops developing the original main characters and starts introducing new characters every other chapter instead

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Getting your head cracked open to present the possibility that Rose loves Benika enough to not let her see you get your head cracked open seems very high risk, low reward lol but what do I know

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Oh boy another yuri manga jam-packed with drama where all the characters are pos. Can't wait for the inevitable anime adaption lol

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Flowerchild is great at making hot and steamy scenes while making captivating plots. Let's just hope this series doesn't go off the rails like detached relationship started doing in the latter half of its serialization.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

How has Hiroko-senpai live this long? She'd be crossing a street, see a car head towards her and think "Oh jeez, I almost mistaked the wind for a 2 ton piece of metal heading towards my dire-"

PraiseYuri
Anemone discussion 23 Feb 22:21
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Maid and princess seem to be in hiding. The crash seems to hint that they were found and I guess the brother's life was threatened in exchange for the princess's life?

Why the princess wasn't just forcefully taken if the hiding spot was found instead of the maid having to cajole her to the gallows is beyond me lol

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

The manga will end in 2 chapters

Well that's quite a bombshell to drop at the end of an extra lol

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Here's hoping they don't use this time travel stuff as an excuse to erase all the relationship progress of this arc. That would make me quite sad- no wait, angry. That would make me irrationally angry.

Tbh, characters actually getting together is some dog catching the car type stuff for some authors. My own thought, as well, was what a coincidence we're getting a rewind plot after the main characters finally become a couple.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Well at least Tazusa got more characterization this time rather compared to anime where she was just funny cat person. The anime and manga both feel like they're missing something... just something different each lol

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

This feels incredibly disjointed somehow. I feel like there's so much in-betweens that were left out for whatever reason and that just made this whole thing more confusing than it should have been. I'd definitely love to read more of this if hiven the opportunity tho

It's just the problem with doujinshi saga stories. The giant world and characters is simply not something a person can maintain without doing it full-time as a job (and as we know full-time mangaka have crazy work schedules). It's ambitious but sadly these always end the same: either an abrupt ending when the author runs out of gas and sees they barely made progress or the story stretches tens of doujinshi over years and the story just becomes very unfocused and lost.

last edited at Sep 14, 2022 10:30PM

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

So I guess the manga just assumes we watched the anime or am I missing a chapter? Shenlin, science girl, and Antarctica girl joined with no explanation lol

last edited at Sep 8, 2022 3:19PM

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Ngl it's been so long since the last chapter and there's so many angst manga with a similar premise that I was reading the latest chapter the whole time with the impression that the older sister was dead lol

Was real confused who Sena was gonna go meet

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

The idea of the ending is good but the execution makes it feel unearned.