Forum › To Aru Majutsu No Index (Light Novel) Yuri Spoilers?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The new LN has come out with lots of information, it looks like is not far from the climax...I have been spoiled over the years with some details and I only read the manga but this revelation, oooh... This is special ladies and gentlemen. Now if you don't want to spoil yourself you will have to wait, but I'm SOOOOOOOOO Totally shipping these two and I can't believe is actually HAPPENING

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18425397_1542051382481157_285622779864865809_n.jpg?oh=7c6b647b742c4aa939a6f56bb85e470a&oe=597C9FD9
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18342679_1542051675814461_4069617566135424042_n.jpg?oh=5ed6cea375a4f4bfa5838da721858fd0&oe=59B39FFF

I want it to be true, this FUCK TOUMA ending... But RIP Kuroko's heart.

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

kek yeah i need to start getting the novels again only have the first volume lol yeah rip to kuroko. ill be bitter if this is just bait.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Don't fall for the bait !!!
But more seriously, in the context of this volume, I wonder why this is happening. And don't worry about Kuroko, she has Drill-chan now :p

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I've only watched the anime (and just Railgun at that, not interested in watching an anime with a harem protagonist), but is that... Misaki? I thought her and Misaka hated each other? It probably isn't, but, well, am I glad to see more yuri in more mainstream works (if it actually is). Poor Kuroko though...

And don't worry about Kuroko, she has Drill-chan now :p

Did they actually introduce a legit love interest for Kuroko or is this just a joke? I think her getting a girlfriend would singlehandedly convince me to read the entire light novel series... yeah, Kuroko and MIsaka would be better, but, well, I'll take what I can get.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I thought her and Misaka hated each other?

Allow me to teach you about a little something called "Foe Yay"...

(Also, do you know what the name of the thing your picture is from is? I know I've read it but I can't recall the name and it's driving me nuts.)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Minutoh posted:

I've only watched the anime (and just Railgun at that, not interested in watching an anime with a harem protagonist), but is that... Misaki? I thought her and Misaka hated each other? It probably isn't, but, well, am I glad to see more yuri in more mainstream works (if it actually is). Poor Kuroko though...

And don't worry about Kuroko, she has Drill-chan now :p

Did they actually introduce a legit love interest for Kuroko or is this just a joke? I think her getting a girlfriend would singlehandedly convince me to read the entire light novel series... yeah, Kuroko and MIsaka would be better, but, well, I'll take what I can get.

The manga of Railgun shows a lot of interaction between Misaki and Misaka, solving crime together working as team... So yeah, they get to know each other better but yeah initially they hate each others A LOT

As for Kuroko I don't read the LN but she got her own spin off manga! I think there's only 1 chapter translated so far but you can see that drill girl there

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

The manga of Railgun shows a lot of interaction between Misaki and Misaka, solving crime together working as team... So yeah, they get to know each other better but yeah initially they hate each others A LOT

As for Kuroko I don't read the LN but she got her own spin off manga! I think there's only 1 chapter translated so far but you can see that drill girl there

That is freaking awesome. What's the manga called? I need to read it right now haha.

(Also, do you know what the name of the thing your picture is from is? I know I've read it but I can't recall the name and it's driving me nuts.)

It's from Upside Down Swing by Chisako. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/upside_down_swing. Gotta admit, I completely forgot the name of this manga too until I did a bit of looking so thanks for reintroducing me to such a great story.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun and the Kuroko one is Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Gaiden: Astral Buddy

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun and the Kuroko one is Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Gaiden: Astral Buddy

Oh hell yes! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I've heard before that Railgun was supposed to be a Kuroko spinoff... before they changed it to a Misaka spinoff, of course. Misaka's cool and all too, but a full-fledged Kuroko spinoff would have been so much better... as great as this is, I can't imagine it'll be that long seeing as though it's apparently a spinoff of a spinoff. Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong though... you can never go wrong with more Kuroko!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Minutoh posted:

Misaka's cool and all too, but a full-fledged Kuroko spinoff would have been so much better...

As annoying as Kuroko can get when she's going crazy over Misaka she's a better character in general. In Railgun S (the anime because I haven't read any of the manga/light novels for the series yet) Misaka did nothing but piss me off. Kuroko definitely deserves a spin off more than Misaka. Though both of them deserve a spin off more than Mr. Utterly Generic deserves being the protagonist of the main series.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Kuroko steals the show whenever she appears.

Her Index episodes were the only ones that I genuinly liked, she is just much more developed for some reason, everyone else has cookie cutter personalities.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ratte posted:

Kuroko steals the show whenever she appears.

Her Index episodes were the only ones that I genuinly liked, she is just much more developed for some reason, everyone else has cookie cutter personalities.

Probably because she's part of Judgment, that's why she's serious, has received training and is not stupid (except when she's around Misaka) or naive around the bad guys, Misaka is always getting tricked.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Isn't this a het harem anime and novel?

Ugh....

Meh will pass this without skipping a heartbeat.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Best Mangaka Rohan posted:

Ugh....

It's only really like that when Touma is involved. Which, being the main protagonist, is unfortunately often even in the spin offs such as Railgun. When he's not the one who's the current focus in the story though, it's actually pretty interesting. He's so generic though (completely generic appearance, denser than a neutron star, random completely unique power that puts him on a different level to everyone else despite being a complete moron and not a particularly good fighter, generic convictions and so on) and the whole harem garbage is a massive con to the series in my opinion though.

I found Kuroko's going crazy over Misaka to actually be pretty obnoxious because it makes her out to be a much worse character than she is but compared to Touma that stuff is actually good.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

^
It don't even know what is going on in fangirls' minds when they try to expect yuri couple in a het harem series.

Smh. It's even more pathetic than......Nevermind forget it.

I heard episodes focusing on Accelerator are pretty good. But still not save the series if the main characters is 1 dimensional.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ugh....

Yeah, that's how it started but it doesn't mean that all girls will end with Touma at the end, not all of them are in love with him and that's what this is about... Life beyond the mc.

And yes at first, it Kuroko was the main focus but there's only so much they can tell and do with her... But Misaka is a lvl 5 and is directly associated with Mental Out and the others so it was just a matter of time to switch the attention to her, we get to know a lot about them from her point of view, even Misaki's past.

last edited at May 10, 2017 1:19AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I heard episodes focusing on Accelerator are pretty good. But still not save the series if the main characters is 1 dimensional.

Accelerator is one of the better characters in the series in my opinion. I don't know if I'd rank him as my second favorite under Kuroko but he definitely would rank as one of my favorites. He only shows up in Railgun S and Index II for the anime but in Index II in particular he's pretty interesting. He's nowhere near as generic and annoying as Touma and after the events of Railgun S he goes quite a ways in redeeming himself in the eyes of most viewers.

The entire series is a bit weird in that those who are the primary focus of the two series are by no means the most interesting characters. In Index's case in particular the primary protagonists are the most boring and generic characters.

Edit:

Serenata posted:

Yeah, that's how it started but it doesn't mean that all girls will end with Touma at the end, not all of them are in love with him and that's what this is about... Life beyond the mc.

From what I've read about the manga, Kuroko actually eventually starts getting frustrated or at least more aware that her feelings towards Misaka are legitimate feelings of love. And she's never had any interest in guys period to begin with but she actively doesn't like Touma.

last edited at May 10, 2017 1:29AM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Look, say what you will about Touma, but it's always a good time when he punches somebody in the face.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

^
Yeah that is particularly the main problem of anime thesedays. Main characters are bland and boring af. Which eventually lead to downfall of the entire seires.

I mean compare them to classic anime protagonist like Kenshiro, Goku, Shinichi, Guts (that guy had more characters development in first chapter than modern day heroes), Joseph, they all just seem like cartoons made on paper .

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Felloffalot posted:

Look, say what you will about Touma, but it's always a good time when he punches somebody in the face.

Except that's actually all he's really good at. And even that he's not particularly great at anyways. He's just a generic brawler type who has no real skill.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

i always wonder why the villains don't just stab touma instead keep using powers on him.....
at the same time street thugs beat the crap out of touma.....

To reply you must either login or sign up.