Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

joined Nov 3, 2014

Actually people were eating sandwiches for years, that is their other food on bread in place of tableware. It was especially something peasants did. Sandwich just claims it, and the name stuck.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Lmao the way their friendship started was pretty silly, you guys should really go back and check that out. The way Onoda bitches on random strangers, is exactly how Chie and Ai's friendship started, with Chie bitching on Ai and convinced that she had dark and terrible-looking nipples, and eventually concocting the sketchy plan of befriending her and hopefully being allowed to cope a feel. How it has changed since then is pretty remarkable.

That's the main difference with Onoda. When realizing she was wrong about Ai, Chie took an entirely different outlook, more positive and went out of her way to befriend Chie where Onoda would usually just clam up some more and bitch even more.

That was a nice chapter, in any case, loved the "I do !" reaction from Chie. Guess that much exhuberance is hard to handle for the more reserved Ai. XD

Well in Onada's defence we haven't actually seen her interact with fluffy-haired girl whose name escapes me (starts with an N I think) since she realized she was wrong. Like she's perfectly nice to her friends and they're pretty much all girls she quietly judged in her early chapters before getting to know them.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Well in Onada's defence we haven't actually seen her interact with fluffy-haired girl whose name escapes me (starts with an N I think) since she realized she was wrong. Like she's perfectly nice to her friends and they're pretty much all girls she quietly judged in her early chapters before getting to know them.

Nanasawa is fluffy-haired girl

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Lmao the way their friendship started was pretty silly, you guys should really go back and check that out. The way Onoda bitches on random strangers, is exactly how Chie and Ai's friendship started, with Chie bitching on Ai and convinced that she had dark and terrible-looking nipples, and eventually concocting the sketchy plan of befriending her and hopefully being allowed to cope a feel. How it has changed since then is pretty remarkable.

That's the main difference with Onoda. When realizing she was wrong about Ai, Chie took an entirely different outlook, more positive and went out of her way to befriend Chie where Onoda would usually just clam up some more and bitch even more.

That was a nice chapter, in any case, loved the "I do !" reaction from Chie. Guess that much exhuberance is hard to handle for the more reserved Ai. XD

Yeah that's what I thinking about too, most people she was judgmental about in the beginning, she never met or came to know. Her classmates however, she has come to appreciate and become fond of, so she isn't unlike Chie. Furthermore, we haven't seen her rant about the fluffy-haired girl anymore. It'd be more accurate to say she accepted she was wrong in her perception of that girl, and stopped.

last edited at Apr 14, 2016 6:38PM

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Yeah that's what I thinking about too, most people she was judgmental about in the beginning, she never met or came to know. Her classmates however, she has come to appreciate and become fond of, so she isn't unlike Chie. Furthermore, we haven't seen her rant about the fluffy-haired girl anymore. It'd be more accurate to say she accepted she was wrong in her perception of that girl, and stopped.

It's not enough to stop thinking badly of people once you've gotten to know them better. You have to stop thinking badly of people without a good reason in general. It's not clear at this point how Onoda is going to turn out. Keep in mind that getting to know her classmates hasn't stopped her from being judgmental. And since Nanasawa hasn't made an appearance again, we didn't really have a chance to see how Onoda thinks of her now anyway.

last edited at Apr 14, 2016 6:55PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Small fix to Chapter 66.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Small fix to Chapter 66.

Was it the Earl part?

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Small fix to Chapter 66.

Should have left it, it was funnier as Lord Sandwich. It's correct as a title to call him earl of sandwich, but it's also correct to address him as lord, since he's peerage.

Oh well, maybe it will be funny to those whi haven't read it. :)

Keep up the good work!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

As someone else mentioned, she has yet to meet again that girl, so we don't know if she learned her lesson or not as for her.

I'm kinda worried that this going to turn into something similar to Honoka. And I think most of Oonoda's angst against people are one-time only : she meet one or several people doing something, goes into her angsty routine of "they do something that I don't do or not as well, they should go die, poor me, boohoo !" then find some mild resolution (usually messing up or realizing it's not as bad as she thought it would be), then start over all over again the next encounter.

Chie seems somewhat different in that regard because as far as we saw, she was like that only with Ai. All we saw after that "incident" was Chie getting along with pretty much everybody, be it in their classroom or outside (like how she naturally talked with the saleslady when shopping for swimsuits). For all we know, that might just have been Chie being in a bad day when she started to pay attention to Ai.

I do hope Oonoda will get "better" and stop being so damn judgemental because as entertaining as it was at first, it got annoying for me how he stick to her character like that and I tend to skim over the chapters focusing over her when I usually enjoy reading most of the other girls a few times. It's my personnal preference speaking there, of course, I simply find these kind of character aggravating and Honoka is already annoying enough, but her own story arc is amusing enough despite the pairing to balance it.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Found an interesting (and short) survey about the characters and pairings for this manga:
Survey Monkey

The results are pretty much what you expect, though the sample is quite small (60 people?).
Interesting that Onoda x Nanasawa are listed as a pairing.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

last edited at Apr 15, 2016 12:41PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Found an interesting (and short) survey about the characters and pairings for this manga:
Survey Monkey

The results are pretty much what you expect, though the sample is quite small (60 people?).

Random thought:
I was worried at the possibility of Nanasawa's appearance only being that one time, but if this survey was created by someone who has read ahead, it could be a hint :O

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

pg 29

i now pronounce you wife and wife

Chie jumped the gun on that page, hilarious. XD These two are just way too adorable.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Survey Monkey

Random thought:
I was worried at the possibility of Nanasawa's appearance only being that one time, but if this survey was created by someone who has read ahead, it could be a hint :O

I created that survey. Fun fact: one respondent completed the survey in a mere 10 seconds, picking only Ichinose as favorite character and KaoruxShizuka as favorite pairing. What a bastard!

joined Sep 21, 2014

Survey Monkey

Random thought:

I created that survey. Fun fact: one respondent completed the survey in a mere 10 seconds, picking only Ichinose as favorite character and KaoruxShizuka as favorite pairing. What a bastard!

LMAO that's basically netorare

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

With every MahiMahi chapter I become more and more confused as to whether or not they are siblings. I'm pretty sure they're not but they are not making it easy for me to be certain.

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

Everytime I see Mahiro and Mahiru, I can't help but think of Walter and Perry from Home Movies. I don't think MahiMahi's reached that level of creepiness though.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Don't know if I feel bad or feel jealous for that sales woman because she just got to see two cute twins in their underwear

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Mahiro and Mahiru ain't actuall twins, are they?

Ourobouros2
joined Feb 17, 2016

No, just very similar.

joined Sep 21, 2014

No, just very similar.

They like to match, apparently

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

The day one of them decides they'll get really together is the day I die. (and I mean together like holding hands and kissing every time we see them)

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

That's kind of a mystery... Some chapters seems to indicate that they are, others that they're not. Most seems to add to the confusion. @_@

Also, that saleswoman discovered the cute insanity that is those twins. Lucky her. XD

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Awh, being twins must be fun

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

That's kind of a mystery... Some chapters seems to indicate that they are, others that they're not. Most seems to add to the confusion. @_@

Also, that saleswoman discovered the cute insanity that is those twins. Lucky her. XD

Well, there was somewere ; your the older part so you take bla bla or something like that

joined Oct 13, 2014

Everytime I see Mahiro and Mahiru, I can't help but think of Walter and Perry from Home Movies. I don't think MahiMahi's reached that level of creepiness though.

wow ur right. no wonder they annoy the hell outta me lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.