Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

"fk what's his name" LOL. Thanks halmoni!

I much prefer Galentine's Day (on the 13th) over boring ol' V-day :)

Gotta say I'm really enjoying all the awkward...

ME 2

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

thanks Halmoni! These two! they're always alone together, but still couldnt progress any further! what kind of opportunity are they waiting for, for them to profess their undying love of each other? another car accident? -- there was an almost kiss, and lewd hand holding, and yet still no clear sense of where they stand.
as always, I'm waiting like everyone else. Till next week!

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

If I were one of them, we would totally all lovey dovey by now.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

If I were one of them, we would totally all lovey dovey by now.

I thought the same thing. After I read the update I will admit I thought of how I would try to be romantic and get my feelings across. If I was Seola, Maybe say something corny like "do you already know?" And if Norae said "know what?" I wouldn't answer, just lean over and gently kiss her on the cheek, and say " how much I love you".
Though in reality, if that happened and Norae rejected me, it's a long painful walk back.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

ieeheh posted:

Folks, prepare!!

No-rae: So she'll (Hee-jin) have to sleep at her place tonight.

I have a feeling Ssamba didn't mention that for nothing. It's hinting they'll be alone in No-rae's room and we should expect some *heavy breathing* next week afer some *ba-thump ba-thump ba-thump* this week hahahahah

First, I have to admit that instead of reading, I did some work. But I had good reason. I left a serious mess behind yesterday--all right. Back to FF. \o/

@ieeheh: ...Where to start. I was like "surely, words can't make this chapter any better". And they didn't (from a happiness standpoint), but they did...from a helping me out with "where are we now (emotionally)?" standpoint. (Devil's in the details. :/ )

From the car ride, where Seol's like "I completely forgot that they were from the same town... (small text): I thought it was gonna be just the two of us..." --Wait. What?! I totally didn't see "(small text): I thought it was gonna be just the two of us..." when I first read the translations--but anyway, I was going to say it seemed to me that Seol-a thought they were going to be alone on the ride there. >. < More importantly, from the other side, No-rae didn't jump at the opportunity for just the two of them. (Omg. Have I not been in a situation like this with that No-rae-like person. This hurts!!)

So we get to the scene where Seol-a's comfortably settled in No-rae's childhood room (waiting for her <-- my thoughts), "wiggl[ing]" her feet.--I really wanted to know what the translation for that was: "wiggle". (Thanks again, @halmoni.) The feet scene really captivated me for whatever reasons. (I'm doing a horrible job of keeping my train of though here. Sorry, folks.)

Rewind: So we get to the sequence where No-rae's coming into her room, still on the phone with Hee-jin. Seol-a politely--you know, any attempt to engage her girl--asks/states "Hee-jin?", and No-rae's just (obliviously) like blah-blah "So she'll have to sleep at her place tonight".

Seol-a: Ah... <-- The ellipses. You (No-rae) are not where I (Seol-a) am at.

No-rae's in happy friend mode and Seol-a is on a different page. The page we want both of them to be on. The "now is a perfect time for us to be alone together and deepen our relationship" page.

Seol-a is all curiosity and tentatively anticipating some progression. She notices the guitars and asks, hoping to learn something new about this person in whom she is so interested. No-rea obliges in the one of the most could-be-ideal-in-a-different-context way, playing a super emotional song. Seol-a hears it. Feels it. But then...

No-rae: Seol-a? Are you okay? <-- WHAT THE (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I kinda sorta thought it might be the case, but now I feel even more strongly that No-rae might not have registered Seol-a's hand movements until after the fact. We notably weren't shown panes of reciprocal eye contact from No-rae (and we know how good and purposeful Ssamba is with showing exchanged glances). We saw Seol-a's eye-to-hand reaction sequence, but weren't shown any reaction or response (not even hand movement) from No-rae...until the question: "Are you okay?". Are you kidding me? ---- _ ----

...No. Seol-a was in the moment by herself. I think No-rae can figure out what "bothered" Seol-a...but this is just a really no-so-happy situation, to me, right now. I mean, I'm glad No-rae unintentionally potentially catapulted them forward, but the present moment is just tense.

On my first ...few...illiterate readings, No-rae's "cool" pose was simply cute and different, but now it's also symbolic of No-rae showing Seol-a that she's now very comfortable around her BUT in the friend way. She acts that way around her friend...Hye-geong--who's name took me six chapters to find >__>. I'm not saying No-rae thinks of her as a friend, generally, but that does appear to be how she was treating her in this chapter. Seol-a was thinking I get to spend time with my romantic interest, No-rae, and No-rae's view of this whole trip--or at least the first day and night--was a sleepover with two of her good friends.

No-rae's not decided on the romance thing. She's not ready. @ieeheh earlier mentioned she's afraid, and I agree. I think she's not just afraid of getting hurt, but, more immediately, she's disturbed by her actions (and heart) betraying her before she's ready. She knows that Seol-a could be hurt. That she (No-rae) can unwittingly lead Seol-a to believe that she wants more before she's actually ready to be more. Regardless of how much they both care about each other, romantically, while No-rae is in this non-committal state, the situation is precarious.

I think it would be good for No-rae to resolve to moving into a romantic relationship with Seol-a before any sort of more formal confession happens, but we know life doesn't wait. I guess being at home, with her seeming supportive family, is a good place for her to be at this moment. Maybe she'll get help (and confidence) from talking with Oppa or something.

All in all, for me, this chapter was brilliant, moving, fun, painful, progress, realistic, engaging, and I don't know when I could run out of adjectives for it. Man, words make a difference. Powerful stuff. Love it. Thanks again, @halmoni.

EDIT: Looks up at all the words... *scrolls "I wrote all of that? When...?" O__O

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 4:43PM

F494445ccf14390bf6c2ed5513bce72a
joined Oct 31, 2013

So I've been reading posts on this forum for a while, and now that my frustration is at his maximum (at least until Ssamba proves me wrong next week), I decided it's time I'll post something :)

I don't know what to think of this chapter. On the one hand it's really good in my opinion but on the other- I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE~!
If I see one more of No-rae's clueless face expressions I'm gonna smack someone ><
From my POV Seol-a is trying so hard to show No-rae her feelings (has been for a while now, and let's admit it- that hand holding was NOT FRIENDLY) and yet No-rae is either completely clueless or completely terrified and it's killing me~

Anyhow (now that I let off all my steam) I've been wondering- if you could date one of 'em, who would be you choose? Also how old are all of you?

I'm 18 and I would say Seol-a is probably more my type since I'm way too similar to No-rae than I should be -.-

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

So... I lied. My sleep wasn't that sound because I kept waking up in the middle of the night thinking about the update. So I totally fell asleep after the update, and this time it was the best sleep ever lol. And then I got up to a page full of text by ffins07 with awesome analysis and insights, I felt like my Valentine's Sunday has been completed haha.

ffins07, I love how you compare Seol-a's and No-rae's mental states, which are a lil different at the moment. And it's true when No-rae invited Hee-jin along. Now that you say it, their eyes totally didn't meet each other this time. After No-rae sang such a song, I feel like a verbal "traditional" confession will not do it in this story at all. It's exactly like what the song says, she needs more than words

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 5:19PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@xphrnzrjh

If I see one more of No-rae's clueless face expressions I'm gonna smack someone ><
From my POV Seol-a is trying so hard to show No-rae her feelings (has been for a while now, and let's admit it- that hand holding was NOT FRIENDLY) and yet No-rae is either completely clueless or completely terrified and it's killing me~

I feel you, newcomer. Welcome on board!

Anyhow (now that I let off all my steam) I've been wondering- if you could date one of 'em, who would be you choose?

Seol-a is my prince on the white horse.

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

Waah sorry for being a buzzkill earlier >_<
I dunno, somehow my bitterness to FF got to the level of Nya-Chan's since past week's ch. 63

But I still damned love it, enough to give you all this

http://imgur.com/a/iwk0C

Also, i'll never name the voldemort in this forum ever again then, sorry ffins07, and also, sorry if some people thought that my taste in music is bad, i was heavily exposed to westlife's version first since my childhood, and didn't find out it was first sung by Extreme until a few years ago, sooo....

sooo yeah, that was it, enjoy! :)

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 5:26PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@thatanon
I'll still love you even with your bad taste in music ;) lol jk
EDIT: My middle school years were filled with Westlife music. I kept singing My Love or Soledad everywhere I went. But I still prefer Extreme's version of More Than Words keke

Thanks for the awesome typeset as usual

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 5:40PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I just think No-rae is scared to the point of numbness. The road that Seol-a and she will take doesnt have a path yet. With her personality, she's just not ready.
But Ina has always been right about No-rae

Ina: With a careful personality like hers, the more you pour your feelings out, the more you'll suffer.
Ina: Especially in an uncertain relationship.

Even the readers suffer. Poor Seol-a.

When I re-read what Ina said, I wonder if Ssamba will take the route of making No-rae chasing after a hurt Seol-a. Because that's one of the good ways to have a breakthrough in No-rae's character development. Well... Let Ssamba not take the long road. I just hope chapter 65 will be the breakthrogh. Even the number sounds right.

And I just came across another good quote on tumblr for No-Rae “Until you cross the bridge of your insecurities, you can’t begin to explore your possibilities.”

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 5:55PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

just kiss alreaddyyyyyyyy ohmygosh!!!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Faylicia posted:

just kiss alreaddyyyyyyyy ohmygosh!!!

I know it will come when we least expect it
aalfdkjl;af;a ;a ;ojal;lfj asl;fj;lajfdl asjkflaf l;asj

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

weh :c was hoping for more for valentine's day but at least things are definitively progressing now..

Unnamed
joined Oct 22, 2015

Thing is... for the past 20 chapters or so Seol-a seems so sad it breaks my heart. If she was a real person and I was her friend I'd be in overprotective-mode, completely pissed at No-rae for making her feel this way. (I know it's not No-rae, but the situation, but still...)

PS. halmoni and thatanon - the translation and typeset are much appreciated once again. Thank you.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Exactly what has fascinated me since the beginning
The actions lie in Ssamba's subtleties

Unnamed
joined Oct 22, 2015

Here, part 2. Not as good as part one but maybe it will get a couple of you smiling. :)

Z2maxwb
joined Apr 22, 2015

I have faith on chapter 69 #nuffsaid

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@Rere put a huge smile on my face xD

Tumblr_nkp0hyhyex1u9zdj3o1_250
joined Jun 15, 2015

Waah sorry for being a buzzkill earlier >_<
I dunno, somehow my bitterness to FF got to the level of Nya-Chan's since past week's ch. 63

But I still damned love it, enough to give you all this

http://imgur.com/a/iwk0C

Also, i'll never name the voldemort in this forum ever again then, sorry ffins07, and also, sorry if some people thought that my taste in music is bad, i was heavily exposed to westlife's version first since my childhood, and didn't find out it was first sung by Extreme until a few years ago, sooo....

sooo yeah, that was it, enjoy! :)

As usual, THANK YOU!! :D <3

AAAHHHH, my heart!!! GAAAHHHH DAMMIT JUST KISS ALREADY. The song fits perfectly, though hahaha. scfnjkalsnvsclabfalfmnlanfggdfjj

I swear I love No-rae, but I just want to kick her sometimes ;__;

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 8:33PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

anonymous posted:

To those who are reading this on Imgur, here's an...

Imgur protip

This is a bookmarklet to effectively make the Imgur viewing experience nearly the same as the viewing experience on Comico.

What it does

It makes the images full size (because Imgur slightly shrinks them on the page),
and it gets rid of the spacing between images (so no more black bars between images).

Instructions

Create a new bookmark on your browser's bookmark toolbar (you can bookmark any random page), and put this as the URL of the bookmark:

javascript:(function(){$('.blog .image').css('margin','0 auto');var addedWidth=200;$('.two-column .panel.left, .two-column .left .panel').css('width',610+addedWidth+'px');$('#content.two-column').css('width',1000+addedWidth+'px');})();

Now, you essentially have a "button" on the bookmark toolbar.
Go to a chapter in Imgur, then click on this "button", and it will make the changes to the current page.

kyra edit: sorry anon, my mouse went a bit haywire and it accidently edited your post when I just mean to quote it. Apologies. I've added the java script back as it might be of use to a lot of people (like me).

Edit by anonymous:
All good. Post content restored.

Hey anonymous, is this bookmarklet not working anymore?

NamelessPresence
joined Feb 14, 2016

I have been following this thread since the very beginning and I've read countless manga/comics in this site. It's only now that I've reached the point where I proceeded to create an account and comment on this.

This thread is full of such great interpretations and rants. Which I enjoy reading and quite honestly helps me see that I'm not the only one with all these Frustrated Feelings!

Now from my perspective, the last two chapters have been so frustrating but yet so realistic. I've been in NoRae (freak-what-the-f-is-wrong-with-me-these-emotions-are-out-of-my-control-what-is-happening-to-me-?) with the very first girl I liked.

And that is what's going on with her right now. I get it but how can she not see that Seol-A reciprocates! Holy hell.

In a sense I get that both are afraid of what they are feeling. And that's what makes it so realistic, I don't know how that's for most people but I think that's the stage that frightens you the most regardless of how many times you fall in love. The heart wants what it wants but that doesn't necessarily mean that you will see all people going at it immediately...

With that being said, KISS ALREADY. Which contradicts all that I said before. I make no sense at this point but who can blame me, I'm as frustrated as any other reader!

PS: thanks halmoni and thatanon

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 9:16PM

Fix_it_by_samanthadoodles
joined Jun 7, 2015

Now from my perspective, the last two chapters have been so frustrating but yet so realistic. I've been in NoRae (freak-what-the-f-is-wrong-with-me-these-emotions-are-out-of-my-control-what-is-happening-to-me-?) with the very first girl I liked.

And that is what's going on with her right now. I get it but how can she not see that Seol-A reciprocates! Holy hell.

I don't know you, but I am in like with you.

To stay on topic, I think No Rae not realizing Seol-a's feelings is reasonable. This is still the campus queen Seol-a, the girl that attracts men like ants are attracted to an open candy bar. Had I been No Rae, and I have been in a similar situation, I would think there was less than a 5% chance that someone so overwhelmingly desired would share my feelings.

...but No Rae probably doesn't have my impeccably low self esteem. You're right, the girl might just be hella dense.

P.S. Yo how bout dat lewd a$$ hand holding doe

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 10:42PM

Zz
joined Jan 10, 2016

@ieeheh

I'm not a programmer and not that familiar with JavaScript so no guarantees this will fix things for you, but try replacing the bookmarklet code with the following. At least it seems to work for me in Firefox and Chrome.

javascript:(function(){var sheet = document.createElement('style');sheet.innerHTML = ".post-image-container--spacer {margin-bottom: 0px !important;}";document.body.appendChild(sheet);var addedWidth=200;$('.post-pad .post-container').css('width',610+addedWidth+'px');})();

NamelessPresence
joined Feb 14, 2016

Well, based on their clear different life styles. I can see why No Rae would be hesitant, afraid an all. How can Seol-A who is clearly a people magnet and outgoing person.... (This might be how No Rae thoughts begin)

But as you said; that hand holding move, those glances, and those moments when Seol-A makes physical contact without reason -not be a clear signal...

Hopefully chapter 90 (or sooner) will give us at least a peck. Which brings me to my next point..

I can read literally any yuri that shows graphic love making scenes (wdtfs for example) with a poker face and when I'm reading FF, innocent glances make me all anxious waiting for a damn kiss.

Gah.

I don't know you, but I am in like with you.

To stay on topic, I think No Rae not realizing Seol-a's feelings is reasonable. This is still the campus queen Seol-a, the girl that attracts men like ants are attracted to an open candy bar. Had I been No Rae, and I have been in a similar situation, I would think there was less than a 5% chance that someone so overwhelmingly desired would share my feelings.

...but No Rae probably doesn't have my impeccably low self esteem. You're right, the girl might just be hella dense.

P.S. Yo how bout dat lewd a$$ hand holding doe

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 10:52PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.