Forum › Posts by transbikes

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Huh, like. I knew things would have to boil over at some point, but wow that was some yandere level meltdown there Adachi.

I don't think I can ship these two even remotely anymore yiiiikes

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Wow that was such a good reminder of how effective setting can really elevate the narrative!!

The contrast of the cold snow, wet clothes, and thawing sensitivity transitioning to heat really gives the story a fresh and sharp feeling and accentuates the youthful excitement of new sensations

I'm embarrassingly excited for part 2...

joined Aug 24, 2015

I've not been sold on this author in the past, she tends to waffle from fluff to serious too randomly for my taste. But I hope she commits to a more dedicated storyline this time because the hook got me

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Just a snippet, but effective storytelling :)

joined Aug 24, 2015

Heh, love to see a yuri get the tankobon chapter 5.5 smut trope

joined Aug 24, 2015

Hmm it's been a while since someone thought it'd be good to actually follow thru and lovers suicide the gays

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Yikes.. giving me some Love Novels codependency vibes, but taken a step too far :(

transbikes
Heating discussion 04 Dec 10:46
joined Aug 24, 2015

Loving the use of the first law of thermodynamics as a doujin theme

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

This was great, I know we all might have been expecting or hoping for the grand sweeping romanticism of Run Away With Me Girl, but this is also good.

It's bittersweet and deftly portrays how each character makes peace with the varying aspects of a love that was/is not everything they wanted, but are still happy to have experienced and still hold dear, despite the pain associated with it.

To me, this manga is a "treasure" :')

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Nedoroid galaxy brain

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

This was surprisingly MUCH better than I thought it would be!!?

I did not expect a hentai doujin to be the first good characterization I've seen of the niji girls...

joined Aug 24, 2015

Just popping in here to say I appreciate the lack of spoiler tagging. The twist is brutal but it's very easy to tell that something is Off from early on so I wasn't completely whiplashed by it. A drama tag was appropriate without being a spoiler. Thanks!

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Oh how disappointing

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Whelp, that seems to be the end... with all those references to classic literature, that’s the end to me.

This deserves to be reread to get the full flavor again. The artwork has improved a lot from start to finish. It looks like two morons are made for each other by raising the brat together. It’s good to see one deciding to move on in her life. This is a good story to me, I’ll reread again later.

There are six volumes, so as climatic as this chapter was, we've still 2 volumes yet before they reach their final destinations ...

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Hahah when you don't want to third wheel your main character, just make a polyam ending ;) love it

Don't let your dreams be dreams, Iwami-sensei

joined Aug 24, 2015

Holy hell I am so into this.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

...messy

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Apparently there are 7 volumes of this series out already ?

If it continues to get translated this has gotta be one reeeally slow burn.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Ok so did Uta confess in chapter 14 and we just didnt see it?

Or was Kauro actually awake enough to remember when Uta kissed her way back in chapter 5 ( https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch05#21 ) and she is now putting 2 and 2 together ?

Hmm.

joined Aug 24, 2015

Now THIS is the good stuff.

That was great, thank you.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

This was a sneaky way to romanticize rape

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

I vote against tags which spoil. In this case it ruins a huge part of the emotional delivery of the story.

Something I thought about too. I'll remove Tragedy for now, but mods can decide later whether to reinstate that.

Thanks, by the time I saw this it was removed and it made for a really nice emotional impact at the end. I found myself going back and re-reading pages looking for the hints Takemiya-sensei left, with strangely cathartic enjoyment.

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 12:25PM

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

But all in all I can't relate to the overall message of running away if you're dying. A dog or a cat might do that to find a place to die, but isn't it kind of your duty as a human being to bury your friends, companions and family or at least to be there to "bear witness"?

It sucks, but I kind of get it. She probably had family/friends to help her with that process, but she didn't want wrap up her girlfriend into it because that's one hell of a commitment and a lot of emotional baggage. So she chose to let her go.

Who knows which is better, but she at least made a choice on the matter.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Hah, that was great. The ambiguity at the end was perfect. They're both bad people but idc I loved this.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Awww yayyy a magireco doujin~ that was a quick turn around from the event !