Forum › Possible yuri family manga ?

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I'd read all yuri mangas with various aspect like marriage, tsundere, etc. The only one I've never seen is the real family. I took the example of Iono The Fanatics. This manga was the 1st introducing a child born via science of the side characters in the finale. At that time, ips cells hadn't existed yet. I'd seen yuri family in various doujins but I hadn't gotten the canonical one. I think that the chance of yuri family being existed in the original manga was one of billions. I hoped it will happen someday though this is a dream.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Opapagoto? Though it's kind of a stretch, since it's "playing family" more than being one

last edited at Dec 10, 2015 6:55AM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I liked Opapagoto but I'd rather prefer the "real family" than the system.

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

The first example which came in mind is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

It's mainly a magical girl serie as hinted by the title, but we have a yuri family with Nanoha x Fate with Vivio as their daughter, it's pretty cute: http://static.zerochan.net/Mahou.Shoujo.Lyrical.Nanoha.StrikerS.full.1221323.jpg

But in the anime, the family only begin at the 3rd season (I didn't read the manga), Vivio is adopted (no science baby), and the serie isn't focused on the family trope at all, there is only cute passages here and there and subtexts.
Oh, and the 4th season (the most focused on Vivio) is the worst by far.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ah right, NanoFate is actually canon now isn't it

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

Anime-wise, no. They aren't married from what I know, we don't see them kissing…
In the manga, I dunno. I really have to read it someday.

But even if the coupling isn't canon; they are living together, sleeping together too, and they are both the mothers of Vivio (Nanoha is the only official mother, Fate is the "second mama" if I remember correctly).

So even if the yuri goggles aren't my thing usually, for me it was pretty obvious that they are a family.

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

Ah, I forgot about it, but Ebisu-san and Hotei-san have some kind of "family ending". The girl at the end is too sweet with her "I have three mommies" (and there is no love-triangle or threesome).

And I heard about Ohana Holoholo, but I didn't read it…

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, I got sniped I guess. Yeah, it's awesome.

Saya, who works as a translator, lives with her bisexual former girlfriend, Michiru, and Michiru's son, Yuuta. Residing in the same apartment building is an actor called Nico, who drops by for a visit almost everyday, and knows about Michiru's past. Somewhat like family, and somewhat not, their lives interweave full of warm days.

last edited at Dec 10, 2015 9:19AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The first example which came in mind is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

It's mainly a magical girl serie as hinted by the title, but we have a yuri family with Nanoha x Fate with Vivio as their daughter, it's pretty cute: http://static.zerochan.net/Mahou.Shoujo.Lyrical.Nanoha.StrikerS.full.1221323.jpg

But in the anime, the family only begin at the 3rd season (I didn't read the manga), Vivio is adopted (no science baby), and the serie isn't focused on the family trope at all, there is only cute passages here and there and subtexts.
Oh, and the 4th season (the most focused on Vivio) is the worst by far.

Actually, Vivio is adopted and a science baby, given she was artificially created.

Nanoha is a bit subversive as magical girl shows go, with the whole connection to the Mid-Childa military, SF elements and darker tone than most that doesn't get as much into the PreCure/Sailor Moon sort of aesthetic. After the first season (and even for part of that) Nanoha isn't "protecting hope and wishes" or anything, she's doing her job.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Ohana Hololo was a mixed-up and I didn't like it at all so it doesn't count.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Mixed-up?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Ah, I forgot about it, but Ebisu-san and Hotei-san have some kind of "family ending". The girl at the end is too sweet with her "I have three mommies" (and there is no love-triangle or threesome).

Yeeeeessss Ebisu-san and Hotei-san!!
One of my absolute favourites! It doesnt kinda have a family ending, it's so sweet ;u;
I prefer my manga in english, but for the absolute sake of owning it I'd totally buy it in french, if only it was more accessbile.. sigh...

And Ohana Holoholo is pretty sweet and touching.
Pfftt what do you mean you didnt like it so it doesnt count
You may have started the thread but as much as family goes, it's pretty legit, both women, even Nico (that I kinda see as that weird, loveable uncle) participate in raising that child, and the two women live together too.
It does give off that atmosphere.
There's still leftover feelings and undealt issues between the two women, but I think that eventually (when more chapters get translated) that it should smooth over

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 9:39PM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Ebisu-san and Hotei-san was kinda successful so I loved the extra story but who's the 3rd mother ?
About its author next work ? Gah ! Out of track !

last edited at Dec 10, 2015 9:51PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ebisu-san and Hotei-san was kinda successful so I loved the extra story but who's the 3rd mother ?

The third mother is her actual mom. Her mom's sister and her girlfriend actually raise her most of the time, so they're both moms too.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Mixed-up?

Sorry about that. I think I'll choose the right words about this situation. I mean no male involvement in the family but in Ohana Holoholo case, uncle is OK but still doesn't count for me because the mother had a child with her husband/boyfriend so I'll pass. Yuri family with a biological child of yuri couple is very rare.

last edited at Dec 11, 2015 12:02AM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So you're searching for science babies? There's a tag for science babies.

And having a biological dad seems like a weird reason to pass up on an awesome series but oh well, I'm just gonna judge you from across the internet.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

The third mother is her actual mom. Her mom's sister and her girlfriend actually raise her most of the time, so they're both moms too.

I forgot that Hana had no dad. If her mother had boyfriend in her past, I'll pass.

last edited at Dec 11, 2015 12:24AM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

From the image or art , I think they're because the artist ( I didn't know who ) had put " canon" tag in wedding image. So basically NanoFate family were the adopted version, not the "real" one becuase Vivio wasn't their biological child though through science.

last edited at Dec 11, 2015 12:30AM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

So you're searching for science babies? There's a tag for science babies.

And having a biological dad seems like a weird reason to pass up on an awesome series but oh well, I'm just gonna judge you from across the internet.

I mean an original yuri manga story with a science baby or ips cells aspect. That hasn't been made yet but I really hope in future. Science babies tag are in all doujins. Originally, in Iono The Fanatics manga but in finale. I want to feel how yuri family lives go on in the real way , not in the doujins, from the start.
Thanks for your critics.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

NanoFate is canon just check Vivid life xD

an original yuri manga story with a science baby or ips cells aspect....
I want to feel how yuri family lives go on in the real way , not in the doujins, from the start.

I would love to see something like this, maybe in a Wife and Wife-like format....I don't think I would survive more than 2 chapters...

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

From the image or art , I think they're because the artist ( I didn't know who ) had put " canon" tag in wedding image. So basically NanoFate family were the adopted version, not the "real" one becuase Vivio wasn't their biological child though through science.

The artists don't do the tags, those pictures have the canon tag because they were magazine covers and stuff.
But yeah, still canon.

About my critic...

last edited at Dec 11, 2015 1:09AM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I read the last chapter but I don't find any chemistry between two women in Ohana HoloHolo even though one of them was bisexual. Maybe I should read chapters if I have time but it's just a waste.

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

I mean an original yuri manga story with a science baby or ips cells aspect. That hasn't been made yet but I really hope in future.

Context-wise, it was already made, in Ren'ai Idenshi XX. Because it's a world of women only, so no choice.

The story isn't about a family at all, but the context is here, as every character of the manga is a science-baby with two mothers.

Totally, even if the author didn't say a thing, it's absolutely obvious every angles you look at.

last edited at Dec 11, 2015 5:41AM

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

Yeeeeessss Ebisu-san and Hotei-san!!
One of my absolute favourites! It doesnt kinda have a family ending, it's so sweet ;u;
I prefer my manga in english, but for the absolute sake of owning it I'd totally buy it in fernch, if only it was more accessbile.. sigh...

Well, I don't have this problem as I'm French. :D
But it seems accessible outside France, even if the cost (shipping included) is nearly the double compared to France. :(

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I mean an original yuri manga story with a science baby or ips cells aspect. That hasn't been made yet but I really hope in future.

Context-wise, it was already made, in Ren'ai Idenshi XX. Because it's a world of women only, so no choice.

The story isn't about a family at all, but the context is here, as every character of the manga is a science-baby with two mothers.

Totally, even if the author didn't say a thing, it's absolutely obvious every angles you look at.

Honestly, in Renai idenshi XX, they used sperm bank for IVF, not science, but still children were born girls thanks to the apocalyptic disease exterminating men's population.

To reply you must either login or sign up.