Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Phew finally xD
New chapter's looking good, can't wait for translation. Maybe that new lady is their employer? Also if I picked right...she might be flirting with No-Rae and Seol-A got jealous

last edited at Dec 6, 2015 5:24PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

So Seol-a and No-rae now work for... Seol-a.

Got it.

... wat

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Maybe that new lady is their employer?

Yeah, that was also my guess. I think the two have got themselves a job confirmed.

And yes, new chappie's awesome! Can't wait to read it in English

So Seol-a and No-rae now work for... Seol-a with a broken neck

fixed it for you anon xD

last edited at Dec 6, 2015 5:29PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@sandwichbread

I feel you, both with Octave and with Manga no Tsukurikata, the latter just somehow manage to throw all it had going out of the window.
(Have you read the other titles I mentioned in the previous posts? You might like stories like Lilly Love and Moonlight Flowers. MF has a mature plot, though maybe a tad shallowish, but this is more due to the fact that it is quite old, and that the story was produced in an era where yuri was even less popular, and men are more dominantly ruling the scepter. The plot has the typical dark trophs, but at least it delves into some yuri issues of that era.
Prism, I was halfway through reading it, till I noticed the hiatus, so I abandoned ship (before it's too late).

Though none can beat FF when it comes to the flutters.

• Marimite - ...I'm guessing this is a nick for Maria-sama... I think I started looking for Yuri anime before I tried to find any manga in that genre, so I saw the anime first. ...and then I read tons of fanfiction around it. I actually just started going through Dynasty's releases from front to back (starting at page 500-something)--not reading them all--and when I got to Marimite ;) it was just so...different. I don't think I could read it. And it's looonggg. And quaint. The art would have to be really, really my style for me to read a manga that has no developments of any kind for long spells. Nabi and Vagabond...but they're journey stories. There are scenes and the background's changing. Nope. Can't think of anything.
  • Pìeta - I totally remember skipping over this one because the art did not look my style, but after scanning a few pages further just now, I think I'll take a look.
  • Moonlight Flowers - This art looks a bit older, but the shading is different (from other things I've read), so I'll add that to my reading list as well. The background you've provided is enough for me to read this one (in addition to it's being short ;p).
  • Applause looks old, but short. I could read that.
  • Huskey and Mendley - Not my usual style, but I'll add this too.
  • Lily Love - erm... The art is...nice. I prefer looking at the colored Author art, but there isn't much of a plot there to me. The characters are simple. It's very run-of-the-mill to me. I was afraid of the sensuality being oversold as more of the author's art was posted after the first couple of chapters, and my expectations were met a couple chapters ago. The latest thing with the ex.. >.<. That pretty stuck the knife in it for me. Cute (less-attractive-than-love-interest), naive lead protagonist. Conniving ex. omg...--I can't. Even without those things. It's too fast. A "plot" for convenience.
  • WDTFS - I really do like the art. It's right up my alley, but I am sooo tired of the promiscuity theme with adult, lesbian stories. I've only read the first two chapters or whatever was posted on Dynasty, and I'm not really trying to read anything more.
  • Nishi Uko - Like 'em all. Some a lot, but they're always treats (at worst ;)). The art is not pretty (to me), but it's different (and "nice" enough). The characters and interactions, I love. And she has mature, adult characters in mature, adult situations. Much appreciation.

A point on Fluttering Feeling's art: For me--I love reading books, novels, fanfiction, lots of text. If I'm going to be bothered to have pictures (games, manga, movies), I want them to be visually stimulating. And there has to be a change in style to stay interesting. Ssamba does that. (Takemiya Jin, not so much. >.< So pretty too...) Although I find a couple of the images from Lily Love sensual, sensual "all the time" starts to feel cheesy or unpalatable.--Back to FF, take chapter 53 (of FF) for example, even the bubble blushes with Seol-a's face. That's what I want. That's something you can't really do with other art forms. I love it when artists take advantage of all the available material to add to effect (like great writers breaking up sentences to match the emotional tone of the chapter, dialogue, thoughts, etc.)

I think Ssamba has great pauses. (I'm just reading the Dynasty post of 17 now and seeing all the things I love about Fluttering Feeling's art.) She lets us soak in the scene (before the effect washed away with dialogue or something). Part of what helps with the emotional strength the transitions. She's so good about pan and zoom. A background with indistinguishable characters. Then a bit closer so you can see body tone. Then dialogue. And then more specific to the emotional delivery strength, we see a character looking (at someone) before we see the person of focus. For me, she gives just enough to set the context before focusing in on the characters faces, interactions, etc., which could take place anywhere if we weren't shown that they were at a party, in the cafeteria, etc. in previous panels. (Nabi is weaker on this point and loses people this way.) Think all the times we're shown Seol-a, see her stop and/or stare (or do a double take ;)), and then she shows us where No-rae, which translates to how Seol-a is look at No-rae. It's sooo consistent to me.

And I find few wasted shots (shots without a focus) within chapters; they're packed full with everything she wants to show us. The same face part may seem lazy, but, generally, I think her chapters are denser with effort overall (relative to other things I've read). And these are weekly releases. It could certainly only help if her characters were more distinguishable, and I think they be a bit more, but I pretty much don't care about that aspect (beyond wishing Seol-a was the only one with Seol-a's face >__>).

I remember being sold on the few pages (looking at Dynasty's scans) of the first chapter because I saw all of those things. I wasimpressed by how she simplified the drawing style to show the characts feeling lighthearted, walking side-by-side versus the (standard?? drawing) start versus the careless-looking?? style when No-rae's sitting chatting with her friend (feeling care free). And the distinguished styles aren't over used, so they continue to have an effect as she switches. I saw not the prettiest Manwha I would read, but I saw an instant connection between the main characters and artistry that really, really appealed to me. Ssamba delivered!

whew... ( &looking at preview& A point. Yeah. Talk about carried away... >__>)

P.S. I was hoping @halomini's translation was going to at least hint at why there's no chappie this week. I don't mind so much (so long as Ssamba _is in good health) because a once-a-week cadence for this duration for a yuri shoujo is setting a precedent, if my mind isn't completely failing me._

P.P.S. @sandwichbread because the style of Applause (brudges) reminded me of Skip Beat, after taking a glance at it Baka-Updates I now feel compelled to catch up on it...talk about a slow developing manga. Sheesh...I know I'm going to end up questioning my sanity (again) as I work my way through the most recent 20 or so chapters.

last edited at Dec 6, 2015 5:43PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Lol I kinda have a feeling Ssamba added that colar to the lady to make her more distinguishable from Seol-A.
Also she wears a ring huh. Fanfiction time; she's enganged to a woman too.

No-Rae was all hearts after the interview. Poor Seol-A knowing No-Rae for this long, only to lose her over an older version of herself. Talking about bad luck

joined Oct 14, 2015

@anonymous
Thanks. On it.

It's out.

Chapter 54
http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/58

So happy! Really curious for the English translations.

For those still having issues with Korean Comico app on the Apple devices: Just remove app and reinstall (Look at purchased). Should work fine. At least I'm able to use it.

joined Mar 28, 2014

No-rae's really shining and cute at the end of the chapter! She looks really happy to work together with her beloved one! Seol-a's jealousy is also cute in a way. It's almost like she's thinking to herself, "How do I guard this beauty from everybody? She's mine and mine alone!" Hahaha.
And in the sauna, when No-rae gets close, Seol-a's sooo self-conscious! OMG! They are just sooo cute together!!!

last edited at Dec 6, 2015 5:41PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

It's out.

Chapter 54
http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/58

@anonymous Thanks for posting! (and thanks to all the other commenters who pushed my post down so I could see that "the event had happened > .<)

Got it.

... wat

Was so confused about this comment (as I was reading backwards to @anonymous's post)--and then I laughed OUT LOUD. That was friggin' hilarious (since I'd read this).

I want to know what Seol-a's (HUH)"?" face was about. Her reactions were cracking me up. Can't wait for the text for this.

Thank you Ssamba, so much... (ಥ﹏ಥ)

licenciado_gato
joined May 26, 2015

So a Seol-a from a no so distant future travel to the past, get a job as a CEO on the company the present day Seol-a and No-rae would work on Christmas holliday, so the Seol-a from the future could intentionally flirt with No-rae and make the present day Seol-a to get jelous, so she finally push herself to confess her love????

joined Oct 14, 2015

@ ffins07
I've read your other post. Really nice thoughts on FF. Will come back to it another time, I'm swamped with schoolwork as of now, to write anything decent back.
Before FF, heck, even way before Girl Friends and the likes were even available, titles like Moonlight Flowers and Pìeta, really stood out in the yuri-genre (at least for me). So I'm curious what you'll think of them. And how you'll perceive them in contrast (knowing FF first).

ffins07:

anonymous:

Got it.

... wat

Was so confused about this comment (as I was reading backwards to @anonymous's post)--and then I laughed OUT LOUD. That was friggin' hilarious (since I'd read this).

I want to know what Seol-a's (HUH)"?" face was about. Her reactions were cracking me up. Can't wait for the text for this.

Thank you Ssamba, so much... (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Btw is it just me? But I happen to notice that senior Seol-a is really loaded,... errr her cannons that is.

last edited at Dec 6, 2015 6:24PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

licenciado_gato:

So a Seol-a from a no so distant future travel to the past, get a job as a CEO on the company the present day Seol-a and No-rae would work on Christmas holliday, so the Seol-a from the future could intentionally flirt with No-rae and make the present day Seol-a to get jelous, so she finally push herself to confess her love????

Seol-a's gotta stop time-traveling back to play all these different roles and mess up the timeline.

I mean, so far, Seol-a has been:

• No-rae's brother's wife, i.e., No-rae's sister-in-law
  • Yu-ji's younger sister Jang Yu-na
  • Seol-a's boss, a.k.a., Seol-a with a broken neck
  • Seol-a's own mother (existenception?!)

last edited at Dec 6, 2015 6:20PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

Seol-a's gotta stop time-traveling back to play all these different roles and mess up the timeline.

I think I get it, finally! Seol-a's a yuri goddess! That's how she does all these tricks! Her temple must be somewhere in Australia.

last edited at Dec 6, 2015 6:27PM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I think I get it, finally! Seol-a's a yuri goddess! That's how she does all these tricks! Her temple must be somewhere in Australia.

I laughed so hard at that I teared up!! I needed that today.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Wow, ha-ha. I thought this chapter was funny (what I could understand of it), but who'd a thought it would inspire humor in this direction. The "same face" is getting it's own fandom. shakes head

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

all your reactions are so funny!
I'm happy that FF's back to its light and comedic tone again ---just from looking at the images. haha.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Ch. 54 eng - http://pastebin.com/1bPSdC5s

I DIDN'T REALLY HAVE TIME TO CHECK CUZ FINALS BUT HOLY SHIT WHAT A LONG ASS CHAPTER

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

I DIDN'T REALLY HAVE TIME TO CHECK CUZ FINALS BUT HOLY SHIT WHAT A LONG ASS CHAPTER

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! i can finally read it!! :))))))

Edit: I really appreciate you taking your time just to translate FF chapter for us. I hope you'll ace your finals :)

last edited at Dec 6, 2015 8:36PM

joined Sep 4, 2014

Thanks for translating so quick!!!

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Well xD now we will have gay drama instead of het drama xD it's something new xD

I can imagine how Seol-A will be protective over HER No-Rae :D

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

"Enah: I won't make you do anything weird
Enah: If there's something you don't know, I'll teach you step by step"

Yeah right...

Seol-A doesn't fancy this Enah woman so much, while No-rae is so captivated by her and Enah looks interested in No-rae. Will this woman force seol-a to confess to No-Rae? Or will she make No-rae realise that Seol-a actually feels the same way towards her? I'm so excited for the next chapter.

last edited at Dec 6, 2015 8:54PM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Thank you for translating!!!

I smell trouble coming.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

i dont understand. so they werent working at the sauna?

Profile_picture_by_sejuani_winterswrath-d6lk1uw
joined May 18, 2013

?: It's nice to meet you. My name is Yoon Enah. (t/n: WTF THIS IS MY EXACT BIRTH KOREAN NAME SPELLING AND EVERYTHING LMFAOOOOO)

Must be highlighted xDDDD.

I have the weirdest feeling in my chest after this chapter...

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

i dont understand. so they werent working at the sauna?

No, they only went to the sauna because kkyeong invited them to go there

last edited at Dec 6, 2015 8:59PM

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

Thanks Martian. I was just reading from the pastebin, without looking at the images. haha. :)

Can I just list down everyone who's in love with Norae --
Seola
Jihwan
Sungpyo
Enah

To reply you must either login or sign up.