Forum › Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Claim of ownership. Nuff said.

joined Apr 25, 2013

Apparently Cool has another new series about a girl who moves into a dorm with a bunch of monstergirls. Based on what I've seen of it one of them seems to have a crush on the main character, but the others seem to get caught doing het things rather often.

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

Tooru hugging Kobayashi at the end was super adorable, I want more moments like that.

Yaaas, I completely agree.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Anticlimactic....but for what it is, a good moment...they should just elope now that she has claimed her dragon maid ^_^ lol

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

This chapter remember a lot the last chapter of Majo Houki, Dad appear, want to take her daughter, megane trying saving her, etc

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Apparently Cool has another new series about a girl who moves into a dorm with a bunch of monstergirls. Based on what I've seen of it one of them seems to have a crush on the main character, but the others seem to get caught doing het things rather often.

dang it why is it so hard to find straight up monster girl yuri

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

That was such powerful chapter o.o I loved how Kobayashi knew it isn't her business, but interfered anyway, just proving how much Tooru means to her and she doesn't want her to leave. Last panel: "I'm going to be so dead, but let's try anyway". I'll take this as Kobayashi's confession of love.

That was solved quickly XD

Indeed. In a way, was kind of anticlimatic

Imo judging by this manga pacing so far, 1 chapter is how much I think it should take. It doesn't really resolve things over few chapters. And thanks to build up, I think the suspense and resolution was perfect. Relieved Tooru was so adorable I wish I could hug her too <3 I do expect mention of it in later chapters though.

Definitely.

Strange, sudden drama

Strange? Sudden? It was foreshadowed for some time now.

i think we are just too used to longer chapters that gives only part of the story/arc than shorter chapters that contains 1 finished event, but are connected by in-betweens.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It felt anticlimatic because the previous chapter hyped Tooru's father as a BIG DEAL and in the end it didn't do anything more than being a minor nuisance. The other dragons introduced before lived up more to their reputation.

joined Mar 25, 2013

It felt anticlimatic because the previous chapter hyped Tooru's father as a BIG DEAL and in the end it didn't do anything more than being a minor nuisance. The other dragons introduced before lived up more to their reputation.

Oh I'm more than sure that this isn't the last time we see him, I see these two chapters as more introduction than anything.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The previous chapter basically showed Tooru was shaken by her father arriving, and....well, that's all actually. The whole rest of the chapter had nothing directly to do with him, just stuff that's been an undercurrent through the whole series. So not really sure what BIG DEAL you're seeing.

As to being anticlimactic or whatever, it's a comedy series with slice-of-life pacing, despite the dark undertones. So this is pretty much exactly what I expected, in fact a bit darker with Tooru's dad actually trying to harm Koboyashi, who stood there ready to take it.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The big deal here is Kobayashi getting emotionally engaged. She's usually pretty indifferent, but the panel just before she talks shows her eye as if something snaps and her feelings toward Tohru take over the situation. Her whole being screams "SHE' S MINE!". My maid = my wife.

And that's a hell of a progression for Kobayashi.

last edited at Sep 30, 2015 11:49AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

will this ever get anime?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

The mangaka has had a manga get an anime, wish this one did as well...

joined Mar 25, 2013

If it does, I hope it will be after the manga is finished.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

If it does, I hope it will be after the manga is finished.

would be awesome tho... Monster girl yuri, dragon girl as an anime xD

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

he's actually getting another one of his manga animated this coming season as well. hopefully that one does well.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

he's actually getting another one of his manga animated this coming season as well. hopefully that one does well.

noticed that one, was gonna check the manga but I think I'll just wait for the anime.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

The best part of CK's works is people actually speaking their mind and being sincere instead of creating misunderstandings and forced appearances. Like that engagement resolution in Ojojojo, that was so good.

Also, upped dragonness Kanna is cute too! With less hnng, but more wow!

I. Franceska S.
joined Sep 15, 2014

I've finally caught up with Kobayashi x Tooru the manga after a little dip into some unfriendly territory, and looking at the comments, most of my opinions have already been voiced by others. More Kanna at school with her tsundere girlfriend would be welcome. And I just LOVED how Kobayashi stood up for Tooru against her father. Now we just need some KobaTooru kisses. But, despite all the nice stuff I've seen in these four new chapters, I have a serious issue with one of them. And that is Quetzalcoatl wearing next to nothing surrounded by gawking males. First of, why have her surrounded by dudes? To cater to any dudes who may read this? Second, why would she wear next to nothing anyway? Is it a Slowpoke joke that she wore a bikini after the beach chapter? Or was it just to keep her as the 'token' ecchi character? Quetzalcoatl should be a proud, strong, dark skinned, and all around amazing woman! And she shouldn't wear bikini's like that. Maybe I'm just an overreacting fan girl, but I think Quetzalcoatl deserves more respect. And more wives.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Quetzalcoatl should be a proud, strong, dark skinned, and all around amazing woman!

According to Mesaomerican Myth, Quetzalcoatl's human form was that of an elder white man.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

well I wasn't expecting that

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

and this is where we find out her dad is the one who gets them together!.... God i loved that part in Majyo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane

holy crap i might be right

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Yay! More of Kanna's friend!

To reply you must either login or sign up.