Forum › Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon discussion

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Seems like D for Dragon has been appearing a lot, lately. Not that I'm complaining, though.

On another note, would you think that this is going to keep as a gag manga, or actually develop the characters some more? We'd need a Kobayashi centered chater to get things going a little forward from the classic cultural shock chapters.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Dunno, but I keep hoping for another Kanna at school chapter, to see how things are going with her tsundere. ^^

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm just hoping that like Majyo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane, the yuri just keeps on increasing regardless of the author's intentions.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I don't see it building like that, mainly because it's not a 4-koma, and the author so far has introduced almost every chapter something from Tooru and Kanna's world, plus he seems very deliberate with what he shows. He's either building up to a conclusion that has something to do with why Tooru ran away/doesn't want to return home or something else that I can't think of right now.

If the yuri were ramping up we'd see Kobayashi returning it in some form, for now though she seems like she doesn't care at all, and her face is almost always passive in every panel. We are 18 chapters in so, something would've happened by now.

I'm content with it building up to Tooru's reason for not wanting to return home and ending in yuri, cause in that way a few chapters before the climax Kobayashi is very likely to have begun developing feelings for Tooru and maybe they were on the verge on entering a relationship or would already be in one when the thing happens. That's just my hopes though xD

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

i wouldnt say kobayashi doesnt care, she just have an awesome poker face. she has shown multiple times that she cares about tooru.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kobayashi_san_chi_no_maid_dragon_ch08#11
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kobayashi_san_chi_no_maid_dragon_ch16#11

last edited at Sep 11, 2015 3:34PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

blopa

On another note, would you think that this is going to keep as a gag manga, or actually develop the characters some more? We'd need a Kobayashi centered chater to get things going a little forward from the classic cultural shock chapters.

I stopped to think about it as a gag manga long time ago. There is a lot char develop every chapter. It is subtle, but each one tells us something about Tooru and/or others. It's way more slice of life than gag focused.

joined Mar 25, 2013

i wouldnt say kobayashi doesnt care, she just have an awesome poker face. she has shown multiple times that she cares about tooru.

Oh I know she cares, I meant in the romantic sense. I should've worded it properly. Sorry.

I agree with Nevri though, the 'gags' are revealing Tooru's personality more than anything (and Kanna's) which show what kind of world she has been living in previously.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think the second one really underlines how scared she is that Tooru will return home and any romantic investment becomes a risk. So on some level, she's protecting herself.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I like how the father is nice enough to even ring the bell.

joined Feb 28, 2015

DRAMA!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

C'mon Kobayashi, this is the time when you'll have to step up!

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I can't parse the image of her father. What am I looking at?

(Also jfc when her teeth started showing. That actually bothered me.)

joined Mar 25, 2013

Oh shit. First the deep monologue from Tooru, the reveal about a 'war' that is waging in her world and to top it off her dad. I think he should pace himself a little better xD Kidding aside, he really ramped it up, as well as the 'title page' didn't have Tooru be naked xD I guess that was the first sign that shit was about to go down.

Kobayashi feels like she's talking to her mother huh? We'll see if that will change after the 'meeting with the parent(s)' xD And he showed up in human form as well. He may be more civil than we expect? Though Tooru's reaction speaks volumes xD Then again, some children have a disproportionate fear/respect for parents. Especially ones who are royalty/elite. Next chapter will tell I guess.

Goddamn cliffhangers..

last edited at Sep 19, 2015 9:11PM

joined Sep 4, 2014

LOL I was wtf am I looking at? But than I gave it a wider look and its just a close up of an old man! If you look at the upper panel it's his nose and beard and he's wearing like a collar

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 6:58PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

LOL I was wtf am I listening looking at? But than I gave it a wider look and its just a close up of an old man! If you love look at the upper panel it's his nose and beard and he's wearing like a collar

Oh! I see it now, thanks

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Plot incoming.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

Now it's Kobayashi's time to shine and become Tooru's knight in shining armor.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't think Tooru's all that fond of knights.

last edited at Sep 19, 2015 10:47PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Domineering Father inc? First Erina's BASED Father in Soma and now this old man.

What a great time to be alive.

R.I.P. Koyabashi

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I don't think Tooru's all that fond of knights.

hahahha xD
Very good point

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Kobayashi has boobs!
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kobayashi_san_chi_no_maid_dragon_ch19#11
and GANDALF???

last edited at Sep 19, 2015 11:36PM

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

and this is where we find out her dad is the one who gets them together!.... God i loved that part in Majyo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 9:34AM

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Uh oh

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

"Who is this ?"
"Plot !?"

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Wow. That happened way faster than I expected o.o Now I can't wait for next chapter! Overall again really good chapter.

Chantelune

"Who is this ?"
"Plot !?"

I know it is just a joke, but to be honest, without those 18 chapters of build-up that underlined the differences between this world and Tooru's, the last page wouldn't have near as much impact as it does now. Now we feel that showing up of one of Tooru's parents is a serious business.

last edited at Sep 20, 2015 6:02AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.