Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm not responding any more because this isn't youtube(you're doing an endless comment chain) and I don't care enough.
////////////////////
Now that I'm on my pc time to watch the stuff I'm missing, oh bye again Asa-senpai.
Ah they showed the class demonstration of FE: If at the jap nintendo channel sweet. Zero's voice aaaah I can't unhear DIO!

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 9:32PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Not sure what to feel about this outfit, i was kinda hoping he would have a white outfit this time, he's reminding me a little too much of this guy

Edit: uh-oh... ...Show us this trailer!
Is that the new Master Xehanort voice? Sounds a lot like Leonard Nimoy Unless they recorded all of his life before his passing, god bless his soul

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 11:16PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also why would you want a bad game because a guy tried hard and not want a great game because the guy was competent? Wut is dis logic.

A noble failure is more valuable than a pretty but boring product that quickly fades into obscurity. The lifeblood of any creative field is that people are encouraged to try, even though they may fail spectacularly.

Obviously a piece of crap with free unity assets and clipart textures that some asshole is trying to sell on Steam for $30 USD isn't worth as much as either. But we'll let Jim Sterling deal with those.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013
joined Mar 23, 2013

I'm not responding any more because this isn't youtube(you're doing an endless comment chain) and I don't care enough.

Not caring enough about vidya game in a vidya thread, I see how it is! Btw this is not a serious comment

Guess last post since I got to put the phone back. <_<

Well whatever happens with the Wii U, Nintendo will probably turn it around one way or another again. Even if it would die they'd find a way to recycle it. I mean the Virtual Boy was supposed to be one of the biggest flops of Nintendo and what did they do with it? They took out it's dual screen technology and put it into leftover Game&Watch casings and sold it as "never before seen technology" AKA the 3DS.

Oh definately they'll bounce back but how long will that take?

To expand on nintendo/JP problems I have. They often do like this metroid spin off that is totally shovelware. Honestly with the graphic and the gameplay was shown, it looked like something I'd buy for 3 bucks at the e-shop or something. JP devs seem to do this alot with fanchises they haven't touched in a while. They do these uninspired spin-offs that are loosely related to the world and say "if this game sells than we can consider doing something more". But of course no one buys it because they don't want crap. In this case they want Samus, they want prime, not this. They do this so often that their literally holding fanchises hostages. That's what it feels like, they are sitting on the rights and doing fuck all. I know, from people I know that's how all Japanese do business but man, my gameeees!

Sorry for big rant here.

A noble failure is more valuable than a pretty but boring product that quickly fades into obscurity. The lifeblood of any creative field is that people are encouraged to try, even though they may fail spectacularly.

Absolutely, when I meant competent I also meant that they tried. Example given by a previous poster is Unity, obviously ubisoft is ABLE to do a good game, but Unity and ( insert any company that churns out sequels like crazy with little to no change ) is not what I meant.

Perhaps previous poster ( I'm sorry I'm so bad with names ) didn't explain or I didn't understand him/her. But it felt like he/she said that he/she would prefer a studio trying and ultimately "failing" before a great team that turns out with a great product.

Obviously a piece of crap with free unity assets and clipart textures that some asshole is trying to sell on Steam for $30 USD isn't worth as much as either. But we'll let Jim Sterling deal with those.

Steam... That's another entire story for another day.

Anyone watched the PC conference? The best thing about it was Day9, man was it boring pretty much the whole way through. You could see how it was the first conference of it's kind.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Absolutely, when I meant competent I also meant that they tried. Example given by a previous poster is Unity, obviously ubisoft is ABLE to do a good game, but Unity and ( insert any company that churns out sequels like crazy with little to no change ) is not what I meant.

So confusing. Since I haven't played an AC game for a while, I mostly associate the name Unity with the engine rather than UbiSoft's game. Being a Linux gamer reinforces that since Unity is pretty portable.

Perhaps previous poster ( I'm sorry I'm so bad with names ) didn't explain or I didn't understand him/her. But it felt like he/she said that he/she would prefer a studio trying and ultimately "failing" before a great team that turns out with a great product.

Can't speak to what they meant, but personally I think the playing field is big enough for a Little Guy doing something daring and not quite reaching the mark as well as Big AAA Studio making Mr. Shooty Man XXVII, starring Stubbleface McWhiteboy. It's just that the former will encourage others to take that leap and maybe get a masterpiece out of it. Or not, they won't know until they try.

Anyone watched the PC conference? The best thing about it was Day9, man was it boring pretty much the whole way through. You could see how it was the first conference of it's kind.

Missed it. Which is a shame because I regularly watch Day [9]. But a friend took me out to see the Furiosa movie, which was awesome and totally made up for it.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Missed it. Which is a shame because I regularly watch Day [9]. But a friend took me out to see the Furiosa movie, which was awesome and totally made up for it.

Heh Furiosa movie! Mad Max not even protag of his own movie. Not really though, it was a group effort.

IIRC there's going to be a Furiosa movie, probably a prequel? I dunno.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

our boy yesterday...our man now!

Edit: uh-oh... ...Show us this trailer!
Is that the new Master Xehanort voice? Sounds a lot like Leonard Nimoy Unless they recorded all of his life before his passing, god bless his soul

The heck is that?! whoa!

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
I don't even know what I said actually, I was about to pass out from the heat (around 40º C) + typing on a phone but Nez explained it pretty well.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I was fully expecting Marth to get some upgrades to keep up with the boy, but the only thing he got was a slightly better jab (lol)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

If ya missed the PC E3 conference, I think Projared summed it up pretty well... There was not much in it...

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 2:20AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I think Marth needs just a small buff like cut the lag of some of his moves like how they buffed shulk.

And the protoss campain finally! That only reminds me what a terrible Starcraft fan I've been :(

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If ya missed the PC E3 conference, I think Projared summed it up pretty well... There was not much in it...

Yeah, I took a quick look, scanned ahead a bit and got him dismissing a game I've been waiting for, Tacoma, and just dismissed it with barely a word (and couldn't even get the name of their previous game right) and knew that what this guy thinks is a priority doesn't match mine.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I love this man and his videos but I know why I mostly ignore videos like these, no matter who

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

:D

joined Mar 23, 2013

:D

My feeling on this is practically the same as one of the comments on the page.

"Sounds an awful like someone freewheeling to me. Doesn't sound like any legitimate Metroid game is being made at the moment and he's just trying to levy the scorn levelled at the 3ds title."

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Very persona and this game is more colorful than Persona 4 wow, bleh let me hear the dialog. Looking at the combat makes me think the Hardest difficulty will be either REALLY hard or not that hard because of the change of "1 more"s into "sessions". A lot of FE1/3 and Awakening.

Series: Pokemon gen5 Pairing: Skyla x Elesa Link: Deviantart1 Deviantart2

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
joined Mar 23, 2013

Beautiful

Tapes, fucking Phantom Cigar, open world stealh guy doing stealththings, building your shit, enemy using decoys n shit.

Kojimaaaaaa!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Impressed with Deus Ex walkthrought footage so far. HR was good, but it had A LOT of flaws and space to improve... Glad to see they are doing something about that.

Adam seems... overpowered, hope it's just due to the showcasing walkthrough purpose.

Always loved the art direction, and I welcome the tone-down of the black-gold color palette. Environments look fantastic with the new engine... Just hope it's not another case of Watch Dogs.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Impressed with Deus Ex walkthrought footage so far. HR was good, but it had A LOT of flaws and space to improve... Glad to see they are doing something about that.

Adam seems... overpowered, hope it's just due to the showcasing walkthrough purpose.

Always loved the art direction, and I welcome the tone-down of the black-gold color palette. Environments look fantastic with the new engine... Just hope it's not another case of Watch Dogs.

Probably for showcasing. He did say you had infinite ammo and stuff. My only concern of OPness is in open areas, that Icarus jump depending on how far you can jump can turn into another dishonored. Bypass a lot of things with ease.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Ah there you are Fatal Frame...time to get back to golden and beat marie's spoiler dungeon which is taking me way longer than it needs to. OH NOW you guys show off Bravely Second lol

Edit: I forgot to mention how hilarious it was when they started talking about Chrom and mousepads in the Nohr demo OH MY! XD and now it's on youtube forever...don't get the joke? google "Chrom mousepad" aaaaaand you're welcome :). They also confirmed Felicia is locked to M!Mc and that kills my hopes for F!Kamui x Felicia T_T. Editx2: I was wrong but yuri is most likely dead now...

Game: Fatal Frame 2 Pairing: Mio x Mayu Link: pixiv1 pixiv2

last edited at Jun 19, 2015 3:06AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

EUIV is so amazing when it comes to alternate history. 200,000 Portuguese storming China and India why the Livonia order annexes most of Russia, Denmark becomes Scandinavia thanks to it's alliance with the Polish-Lithuanian-Hungarian Commonwealth, Spain is almost full annexed by a released Leon, only to be dominated by no one thanks the releases of Catalonia, Aragon and Andalusia, Italy is a Tuscan blob, which is the third strongest power in the world, Lauenburg is emperor thanks to Protestant victory in TTYW, thanks to Ottoman intervention (which I think is why Russia died), France is Burgundy in the North but for and island around Paris, Bohemia inherited the lowlands, and the Dutch are actually a thing for once, whilst in the America's the USA was formed from the Floridian colony of Catille, which is currently expanding into the colonised parts of Canada and is a Catholic Despotic Monarchy, the Caribbean and Brazil are Portuguese as normal, but La Plata was gotten to by Leon, Mexico is split by a bunch of powers, and everywhere else is blank really.

Meanwhile, England ignores everyone else's nonsense and just goes on as normal.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Watched a 9 hour video of all the cinematics of MGS4... Was always interested in at least watching those. Dang, theres a lot of brilliance there. Fine with all the japanese-y stuff, and all the quirks... Plot gets deep and uses some themes well, but omfg it sometimes goes full-on idiotic, so much stupid shit... I fucking loved it! Kojima/10, can't wait for the new MGS

joined Mar 23, 2013

Anyone seen the info on the new Tales game?

Paraphrasing a bit but...

Velvet - The protagonist of Beseria. She used to be a cheerful and hopeful girl until something happened 3 years ago that took away her smile and innocence. She is now cold and ruthless and has abandoned all kindness; she is aiming to change the world and “devour” “them".

The edge is real. Coupled with the fact that she uses a boat to travel around the world and it's called Tales of Berseria, I feel like this intentional trolling.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Gayngst? Eating out? Motorboating?

Throw me a bone, senpai plz

This topic has been locked.