Forum › WDTFS fans - off topic

joined Mar 21, 2017

Not including many films from Directors i have already mentioned as i typically recommend most of their films.

May have gone overboard though.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Thought provoking films:

A requiem for a dream
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Equilibrium (Need to scratch deeper to find it)
V for vendetta
Girl interrupted
2001: a space odyssey
Moon
Waking Life (Highly recommended)
Blade Runner
Office space
The Road
Fight club
The edge of tomorrow
Clockwork Orange

last edited at Jun 15, 2017 9:55PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Ok i'm done now.

joined Mar 21, 2017

And also I recommend "Big Lebowski" (1998)

Great film.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?

joined Mar 21, 2017

Oh yeah. Some films are not in your face thought provoking, Office Space for example.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Great recommendations! Love it

Thanks. Your list looks great too.

A week ago I rewatched Alien (all 4 movies), 1-2 the best, 4th was ok, 3rd movie I just prefer to forget about that nonsense.

Didn't see this part. Alien & Aliens are masterpieces but Alien will always be my favourite.

Photopictureresizer_160424_131930125-640x360
joined Jan 13, 2016

The Raid 1 & 2 (Indonesian)
Evil Dead 1 - 3 (US)
Dark City (US)
Yojimbo (Japan)
Kamikaze Taxi (Japan)
The man from nowhere (Korea)
Drive (US but Danish director)
Violent cop (Japan)
La Femme Nakita (French)
Taxi Driver (US)
The Host (Korea)
Le Samourai (French/Italian)
The Professional (French)
The Room (US)
Things (Canada)
Ichi the Killer (Japan)
Seven Samurai (Japan)
Shaolin Soccer (Hong Kong)
Kung Fu Hustle (Hong Kong)
Shaun of the Dead (UK)
Hot Fuzz (UK)
John Wick (US)
Alien (US)
Hard Boiled (Hong Kong)
The Killer (Hong Kong)
Vertigo (US)
Full Metal Jacket (US)
The man with no name Trilogy (US/Italian)

Are all of these horror films? 100% horror

joined Mar 21, 2017

Alien & Aliens are masterpieces but Alien will always be my favourite.

Among horror movies it's my favorite too :3
Honestly i don't understand why they want to explain every single thing with those prequels and wish the origin of aliens had remained a mystery. The fear of unknown is always the greatest.
If the events of Alien movie happened to me in real life I would better jump off that ship into the space and feel safer. But now I know it's just a bio weapon :/

I am so with you on that. That is my biggest gripe with the prequel films. Both are beautiful cinematically but Alien lore wise i wasn't impressed.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Of course not :D Just some like Alien, The Host, Evil dead

There are only like 4 actual horror films/ series in this list and even then they're more than just horror films. Well apart from the Evil Dead films, they're just fun lol.

The Host may be a monster movie but it's both a commentary on family dynamics and a commentary on political issues.

Shaun of the Dead is a romantic comedy, it just has zombies in it.

Both Alien and Aliens are heavily thematic too. You could say Alien is a feminist film.

last edited at Jun 16, 2017 8:42AM

joined Jan 13, 2016

There are only like 4 actual horror films/ series in this list and even then they're more than just horror films.
The Host may be a monster movie but it's both a commentary on family dynamics and a commentary on political issues.

Both Alien and Aliens are heavily thematic too. You could say Alien is a feminist film.

Cool...I have not watched any movies for so many years. Since it is Friday, maybe I really should watch a couple of them. Which ones that are the most scary? Time to make myself stay awake tonight.

joined Mar 21, 2017

There are only like 4 actual horror films/ series in this list and even then they're more than just horror films.

Cool...I have not watched any movies for so many years. Since it is Friday, maybe I really should watch a couple of them. Which ones that are the most scary? Time to make myself stay awake tonight.

I'm a bit desensitized now so am not sure which ones i'd actually consider scary. Alien is probably the scariest. Not on the list but the original Japanese versions of The Grudge and The Ring films are pretty scary, if you haven't seen them already.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I would highly.recommend The Exorcist but i think most people have seen it, but if not get onto it!

joined Mar 21, 2017

Yeah strong women! At first I thought Ripley would be one of the firsts to be eaten alive but she made it through

Strong Women, and Men getting impregnated!

last edited at Jun 16, 2017 9:03AM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

From the current movies I would say Conjuring is scary, the first part. Try to watch it at night :3

ah I saw that one, finally a horror movie that's not boring and full of mediocre effects.

Es0tric

I would highly.recommend The Exorcist but i think most people have seen it, but if not get onto it!

saw that one too, amazing performance of all of them.

joined Jan 13, 2016

Which ones that are the most scary?

From the current movies I would say Conjuring is scary, the first part. Try to watch it at night :3

I have not seen it. Maybe I will try it to night.

joined Jan 13, 2016

I saw the first part while in college. It was a good horror movie. Also, saw The Grudge with my roommate. She scared me more than the movie ever did. Saw The Ring (America version) as well. Definitely wanna rewatch The Grudge.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Es0tric

saw that one too, amazing performance of all of them.

It's a pity Linda Blair is kind of nuts now. Went to a Q & A with her once and she just sounded like she was insane.

last edited at Jun 16, 2017 9:27AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Oh yeah and the first Blair Witch movie.

I fell asleep watching that........ might have to try again.

joined Jan 13, 2016

I fell asleep watching that........ might have to try again.

Really???:))))))))) I watched it like 5 times. Again that fear of unknown won my heart

Lol 5 times? You are amazing!

joined Jan 13, 2016

Really???:))))))))) I watched it like 5 times. Again that fear of unknown won my heart

See, Nora, they call me amazing. So stop resisting and run into my open arms already

Lol you scared her away

joined Jan 13, 2016

See, Nora, they call me amazing. So stop resisting and run into my open arms already

Lol you scared her away

There is no way she can run away from me. And she knows it

She is hiding from you. It has been days already lol...

joined Jan 13, 2016

Lol you scared her away

There is no way she can run away from me. And she knows it

Most unlikely. She is not even that active on the other wdtfs thread now (it's so dead there or could it be just the calm before the storm) and spends all her time here with me <3

Hehe...cool. Bait her with food? Poems? Diamonds?

joined Jan 13, 2016

Nah...she is too great for such trivial things...I would use my awesomeness as a bait :3
She probably thinks now: God, what have I got myself into?

Hahaha...sure your awesomeness would beat them all. Go awesomeness!!!

joined Jan 13, 2016

Nah...she is too great for such trivial things...I would use my awesomeness as a bait :3
She probably thinks now: God, what have I got myself into?

Hahaha...sure your awesomeness would beat them all. Go awesomeness!!!

she's a tough nut to crack but I don't give up that easyly. Her falling for me is inevitable :3

Hahaha...do your best then. Use your awesomeness to charm her coming to you.

You can always try to charm Seju if you cannot charm Nora with your awesomeness. I'm sure Seju needs some love.

last edited at Jun 16, 2017 11:17AM

joined Jan 13, 2016

playing hard to get XD

Cool. That is the way to go. ☺

(how come I never saw you in the main thread ?)

I was. Must be somewhere in the thread. I also had deleted many of my posts here and there hahaha.

To reply you must either login or sign up.