Forum › My Kitten discussion

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Hope I'm not the only one who doesn't see yuri relationship and sex as a power struggle with a need for one to "take the lead". ^^;

216139_4178547737_8655_n%20resize%202
joined Jul 29, 2015

Hope I'm not the only one who doesn't see yuri relationship and sex as a power struggle with a need for one to "take the lead". ^^;

I get more of a feeling from this that Maki is worried that the relationship overall, not just the sexual aspect, is unbalanced in her favor and wants to do more for Nico. Nico, on the other hand, doesn't seem to see the imbalance and seems fine with the way things are, gaining pleasure from being able to do things for Maki. I don't get a power struggle vibe from this at all, just two individuals in love, who love seeing one another, being close to one another and doing things for the other whenever possible. The fact that it happens to be yuri is just a very big bonus in my book - and a NicoMaki yuri at that - but this plot could easily translate across many relationship types.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I was mostly talking about people commenting about one character being on top/aggressive side and not just about this doujin. While I kinda get the whole uke/seme stuff for yaoi, I tend to consider that it's irrelevant to yuri as it's easier for both girl to satisfy each other at the same time without worrying about "something missing", so to speak. ^^;

And whithin that doujin (or any other following the same "routine"), if Maki is so worried about being only on the receiving hand... well, she do have hands herself and I don't see what can prevent her to use it on Nico while Nico is using hers on her.

Still enjoying it as it is, but I simply can't see any notion of "dominance" in such relationship. Unless it goes bdsm, but then that is part of that stuff.

216139_4178547737_8655_n%20resize%202
joined Jul 29, 2015

Still enjoying it as it is, but I simply can't see any notion of "dominance" in such relationship.

I would assume this would vary on case by case basis, based on the individuals involved. Or in this case, how the author writes the characters involved. Some individuals simply have personalities that can and will dominate and/or be more aggressive in a relationship, while others simply are more submissive. Different strokes for different folks, after all. There is nothing wrong with it, and the genders of those involved are of no relevance.

Addendum: Some relationships are power struggles; yuri, yaoi or otherwise. Some are not.

Addendum 2: I see the NicoMaki relationship as having a high potential for being a power struggle between two strong willed individuals. Some authors do not portray it as such, but that is fine as well.

last edited at Jan 30, 2016 8:02AM

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Uguu~ adorable as expected of Murata-sensei >v<

To reply you must either login or sign up.