Forum › Personal Color discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why is the American spelling of "Colour" used when PC isn't an American artist? Is it written that way in English somewhere?

Seriously, this has been bugging me for a while.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

That's how they spell it, based on the banner on their site: http://percol.blog.shinobi.jp/

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

How bizarre, given that the US is pretty much the only place it's spelled like that. Maybe they were taught English by an American expat?

(for reference, an old friend was a Canadian expat who taught English in Miyazaki Prefecture until health problems forced him to return home for a bit. He's in South Korea now, which he hates.)

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

How bizarre, given that the US is pretty much the only place it's spelled like that.

That might be true for English-speaking countries, but internationally, translated English is more often American than British.
For example, as a programmer, I must say that most programming languages use "color" and not "colour".
Same for most online spellcheckers - even on this forum, btw.
That's especially true for Japan with their influence from US.

joined Mar 23, 2013

That might be true for English-speaking countries, but internationally, translated English is more often American than British.
That's especially true for Japan with their influence from US.

This is what happens when you're the reigning superpower, everyone is your bitch.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Is there a reason there haven't been new uploads from this circle in three years? I was actually worried Personal Colour had stopped producing works but it seems their website has been continuously updated with new doujins.

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

You can find some of his other works with a translation about Danbooru with the name Personal color or "Yuuki Sakuraba".
Or else, the raws are also available about e-hentai.

last edited at May 16, 2020 4:53PM

Sleeping%20yukari
joined Nov 15, 2011

There are 2 translated works on e-hentai, both about YukaRei, one of them is action.

Hope they'll upload them here

To reply you must either login or sign up.