Forum › So it seems that Hirari is ending publication...

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Or they could sell online archive access...

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Yuri Hime and the newly founded Mebae are the only yuri magazines to speak of.

Unfortunately, a bit of Googling yielded this: http://www.comiczin.jp/info/comic/index.cgi?no=3448. It makes it very clear that the magazine is intended for a male demographic, and judging by the pictures on the page it's mostly ecchi/hentai that does not treat the female characters respectfully, a far cry from Hirari's generally more shoujo stuff. Even if it's yuri it doesn't look like the sort of thing I'd want to read. I guess there's nothing for it but to continue supporting Yuri Hime and yuri doujin...

I got a hold of Mabae vol 1, and it might not be as bad as it seems. There are 14 stories, and while it's true that many of the stories are exactly as described above (with images clearly intended to appeal mainly to dirty old men, apologies to the people who like that), there are a number of others that are much more subtle, and not all have erotic content. In addition, many of these look like the first chapters of series (though I didn't try to read them to be sure). Also, I didn't spot any images of genitalia anywhere in the book; it's not rated for adults only in Japan after all.

As a clincher, the final story in the volume is a reprint of "Blue Flame, Fragrant Clay" by Naruko Hanaharu, the cover story of Tsubomi vol. 16. I didn't immediately recognize any of the others, so I don't know if any of them are reprints or not.

So I really think some of the material might be worthwhile, and I hope somebody works on some of it soon.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

I thought Mabae had a few okay stories(Hana to Dokuyaku, Noroi no Aoi-chan and Anettai Hotel), but I wish I have the time to work on them :(

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 10:56PM

Payapaya Scans
joined Nov 14, 2010

I'm a huge fan of Nozomu Tamaki if there is a translator out there interested in working on Kitsuku DAITE Honey with me.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

The thing is that there is still a lot of really great stuff in Yuri Hime that's not being translated, which makes it less likely that anyone will be picking even the good stuff from a second-tier magazine.

Payapaya Scans
joined Nov 14, 2010

The thing is that there is still a lot of really great stuff in Yuri Hime that's not being translated,

I agree with that but it doesn't seem like there are many interested translators in the YH works and scans have been spotty for several years now. I would love to see RockIT Girl get released and I would scan it if I had an interested TL. Plus, I am still waiting for someone to care about Apple Day Dream since I like boobies. I know it'll never happen.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

The thing is that there is still a lot of really great stuff in Yuri Hime that's not being translated, which makes it less likely that anyone will be picking even the good stuff from a second-tier magazine.

Honestly I would be more interested if I have better raw source :(

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Honestly I would be more interested if I have better raw source :(

If there was specific series/chapter you were interested in, you could probably mention that in the scanlators' thread and see if there was anybody who might be able to help with the raws.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

I agree with that but it doesn't seem like there are many interested translators in the YH works and scans have been spotty for several years now. I would love to see RockIT Girl get released and I would scan it if I had an interested TL.

We are still working on Rock it Girl. Chapter 4 should be out fairly soon. I'm sorry for the wait!

To reply you must either login or sign up.