Forum › A straight guy... Who reads Yuri?

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Another straight guy into yuri. Probably not the best thing to admit, but... I really like cute stories. You can find that with yuri. Het romances turn me off for the most part in manga/hentai. The guys are often depicted as dominating and a bit cruel, where as the girls are meek and submissive. Plus I typically don't like how guys are drawn. They're just kinda... bland stories. I've read a small bit of yaoi but again with how I don't like the drawing of guys it didn't really work. But I can get by with trap sometimes, as someone else mentioned.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i'm too an het man who read yuri, i like drama, then forbidden loves are usually interesting for me, yaoi too, but , because i'm het, i prefer manga with a lot of woman,
i think isn't strange, it's like otaku-girls who love yaoi

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I've actually found a grand total of one shounen ai/yaoi story that I actually like and can re-read as much as I can with most yuri. That's Mainichi Seiten, which wins because it's not only well drawn, but more importantly the writing is very good indeed. But from what I've been exposed to, it's an outlier on both counts.

Yeah, that's basically me. Except i play folk music on a guitar and i haven't got no hook.. Yet. xD

Dare to dream!!

last edited at May 18, 2014 2:15PM

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

I've actually found a grand total of one shounen ai/yaoi story that I actually like and can re-read as much as I can with most yuri. That's Mainichi Seiten, which wins because it's not only well drawn, but more importantly the writing is very good indeed. But from what I've been exposed to, it's an outlier on both counts.

Yeah, that's basically me. Except i play folk music on a guitar and i haven't got no hook.. Yet. xD

Dare to dream!!

O.o I'm going to have to check that out. For BL, the only one I know that I liked was probably Merry Checker.

To reply you must either login or sign up.