Forum › The Scarlet Kin discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

As a big Hong Meilin fan, this story makes me very happy. It does go a long way to explaining why Remi puts up with a layabout on staff who'd nap during working hours, that always did seem a bit odd to me. Besides, I think a grand scale story like this fits all three of them quite well.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

As a big Hong Meilin fan, this story makes me very happy. It does go a long way to explaining why Remi puts up with a layabout on staff who'd nap during working hours, that always did seem a bit odd to me. Besides, I think a grand scale story like this fits all three of them quite well.

Indeed. In such short timeframe, in this story, we saw great character development, which was overused in anime and manga but works nevertheless. And man, it is damn effective. Too bad that even though Remilia has lots of charisma, she didn't have enough screen time, even though there aren't any screen.

Now, my reaction in an irrational way. ehem

MEILING SO COOL! FIGHTING POWERS AND ALL! AND THE DRAGON STORY WAS COVERED WELL! HAHAAHHAH!! And man, her powers, probably as human, was over-the-top, managing to blow off one of the presumably already recovered three-headed dragon's head. Mentioning the dragon already have unlimited regenerative powers.

This is actually the first that I didn't see Sakuya attempt to scold (in good intent) and not even knife Meiling. It struck me as a tad odd but then again, it must simply be the fandom getting to me.

joined Jun 30, 2015

I thought Meiling's naps in canon didn't at all interfere with her ability to guard the gate. She has an awareness over it with her ability to sense qi regardless of whether she's awake or asleep. Not to mention Remilia's kind of a spoiled whimsical brat who I can't really see caring about staff propriety; Sakuya's the one who basically runs everything and has a cordial working relationship with Meiling. As for Meiling and Remilia, the only dialogue I can think remember from them is them teasing each other and talking about trading manga in the fighting games.

I've always thought of the jobs in the mansion as closer to stuff Remilia randomly decided the people she cohabited would do if they had jobs; and doesn't really think too seriously about enforcing them. Literally the only reason she keeps fairy maids is because they make her mansion look like an official mansion. The fairy maids don't actually do anything and spend all their time playing around in maid costumes, Sakuya does everything.

last edited at Aug 9, 2016 8:55PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I want to hug Meiling's leg

To reply you must either login or sign up.