Forum › Akogare Asobi discussion

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Ah... That was nice!

joined Apr 6, 2013

Odd that this is the only SetsunaXKonoka doujin since it's such a popular Canon pair, maybe cause its canon.

Tomoko_kuroki__by_djvm4god-d53x3z6
joined Nov 9, 2012

There's more doujins out there. But this is the first one on DR that ive seen.

Ahh this brings back memories they were my first OTP afterall. Bravo.

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

Yay! It's translated! >w<
I read the raw a few years back and now...it's in English huzzah!
SetsunaxKonoka is the only pairing I liked from Negima, everything else from that anime seemed to harem-ish for me to like.

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

IinchoxAsuna, NodokaxYue are not half bad either, though Yue actually have harem back in magic world(i love that!).

joined Apr 6, 2013

SetsunaxKonoka is the only pairing I liked from Negima, everything else from that anime seemed to harem-ish for me to like.

The anime is a straight up Harem, but the Manga becomes a great Shounen after about twenty chapters, with the whole thing is about 350 chapters all together.

Negima, Rosario Vampire and Princess Resurrection are all the same in being kick ass Shounen mangas turned into kinda lame harem animes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Pity the end of the manga was such a disappointment. Almost everything leading up to that was great (note I haven't seen the anime at all).

With such a large female cast, I can see quite a few reasonable pairings without it seeming forced. Anything with Iincho would be difficult outside of "foe yay" with Asuna, but there are a few that are only into Negima as a bit of fun rather than actually wanting a relationship. Yue, for instance, or the twins, or even the sports girls. None of them seem terribly serious about him and could turn their eyes elsewhere.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

With such a large female cast, I can see quite a few reasonable pairings without it seeming forced. Anything with Iincho would be difficult outside of "foe yay" with Asuna, but there are a few that are only into Negima as a bit of fun rather than actually wanting a relationship. Yue, for instance, or the twins, or even the sports girls. None of them seem terribly serious about him and could turn their eyes elsewhere.

Ku Fei and Mana?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ku Fei and Mana?

I can see Ku Fei shrugging her shoulders and admitting that all she had was admiration/infatuation for Negi given she never came off as all that serious. Mana, it's trouble seeing her getting over her original relationship though. Maybe a one-night or occasional comforting thing, but I can't see her in a relationship. A Ku Fei/Chao Lingshen pair would be interesting though.

I've really gotta re-re-read the series again sometime. I hate the ending (which seemed horribly rushed), but otherwise it's one of the few harem series I can actually stand.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

I've really gotta re-re-read the series again sometime. I hate the ending (which seemed horribly rushed), but otherwise it's one of the few harem series I can actually stand.

Ugh, don't get me started. We still have no idea what happened to Negi's mother, and I'm pissed that Negi spent literally the entire manga searching for his dad and never once expresses the slightest interest in why his mom, the damn QUEEN of MARS, has yet to turn up. For that matter, how his dad helped him when that day in the village. By all rights, Negi should be a statue right now.

Late post is late.

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

I just finished the anime/manga series, and I'd totally love to say KonoSetsu is pretty much canon(MARRIED !!!). It's the first time I saw such a cute/strong bodyguard x ojousama partnership and couple in a shounen harem series, it would've been only a tease, but NO(yay!).

I wish there would have much more fanarts, doujinshis though the original series had had so many moments.

joined Apr 17, 2016

I honestly wished that this was longer.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I've really gotta re-re-read the series again sometime. I hate the ending (which seemed horribly rushed)

6 years later there are now two new endings and best girl retroactively won. In one of them.

KonoSetsu is pretty much canon

They go out of their way to not confirm it. It drives me kinda nuts that every chance that comes up they leave it open to the best friends but married dudes ending. If the manga wasn't so aggressively het, I'd have some more faith in it in that regard

Did the mystery of their kids ever get solved?

last edited at Nov 24, 2020 10:10AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.