Forum › Carmilla

Ve_honoka
joined Sep 8, 2018

From the user comments:

kind of like combining a kinetic novel with literary analysis and history/philosophy lesson

Has anyone played it yet and can tell me how much of the original story this game contains? I haven't read Carmilla myself and I guess not many potential players have, so I guess this has to retell the plot points that are in the focus of the analysis?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Shimarin posted:

From the user comments:

kind of like combining a kinetic novel with literary analysis and history/philosophy lesson

Has anyone played it yet and can tell me how much of the original story this game contains? I haven't read Carmilla myself and I guess not many potential players have, so I guess this has to retell the plot points that are in the focus of the analysis?

I haven't gotten around to reading the original novel yet myself but from what I do know of the original, it seems to contain everything important.

If I have any complaints it's the art. It's not that it's bad or anything but the outfit designs in particular seem extremely anachronistic. Laura, the protagonist, dresses largely as expected except for the fact her dress is really short which wouldn't have been acceptable back then. Carmilla herself is the one whose design clashes most though. She has dark blue hair for some reason and wears a short dress with thigh highs and rather oversized boots. Her outfit looks much more Eastern than it should and is just completely out of place and anachronistic.

It was an interesting read otherwise though. Fairly short too, only took me like 2-3 hours and that's while I was splitting my attention between it and a conversation with a friend through Steam.

Ve_honoka
joined Sep 8, 2018

Thanks, then I guess I'll give it a try, especially since it's only half of the 5 hour playtime that is stated on the site.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

kaleb posted:

Gothic games sounds very curious for me. But now I like to play LOL. I found great platform where you can join the team or create own team for playing LOL here https://dreamteam.gg/lol/teams It is cool chance to play against different LOL teams and in the future for example to take a part in some tournaments.

Ok is it some sort of bot?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

Ok is it some sort of bot?

I've seen this on a few sites recently, I'm pretty sure it's not a bot but a person posting advertisements. Seems to be happening pretty often on any forums that are running nonstandard software like this one.

To reply you must either login or sign up.