Forum › Galette Vol 2 discussion

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

Can someone explain these galette volumes? I'm confused as to what connects them all

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Can someone explain these galette volumes? I'm confused as to what connects them all

Nothing, other than yuri. It's a magazine so there's no real theme beyond that, same as stuff like Hirari, Tsubomi, Yuri Hime, etc.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

It's an awesome compilation. I actually wish they serialize Yuri compilations in English too so I can buy them. As collecting Japanese ones would be wasted on non jp readers like me :(

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's not 100% wasted even if you read no Japanese at all. You can find scanlations and use them while looking at the originals in tankobon. That said, tankobon can be really, really tiny, unfortunately. I do read some Japanese but when you see a kanji at what amounts to 5-pt. type, it's very hard to read. And the magazines tend to be significantly larger than what ends up in tankobon, in my experience. I could see buying magazines on the same support-the-mangaka principle as I buy tankobon. As for English stuff, what I have read over and over is that Japanese publishers think publishing in English is mostly not worth the effort. Take Seven Seas and things like Erica Friedman's now-gone J-Whatever away and there's almost nothing. Crunchyroll is doing manga now though.
Something like Lezhin on the web is probably the best bet. It would be great to have a magazine in english like Hariri but it's super-unlikely.

To reply you must either login or sign up.