Forum › Kindred Spirits on the Roof discussion

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Playing this game and what an excellent piece of art this is. Like if I have to say, none of the aspect truly is masterpiece. But one of the few games where it get a round 8-9/10 for every aspect: art, story line, pace, character design, voice, music...etc...

Only got to the 'Cola' screen so far. And what's a player Yuna is. One girl in each arm :D

Just checked vndb and real pity that the artist for this game apparently haven't worked on anything previous to and after this game. How come? Like his/ her art and character design so much

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 12:21PM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

She does smaller stuff from time to time. She put a little book for the last Comitia on Comic Zin, and puts stuff like Persona fanart on Pixiv sometimes.

But yeah Peg is like one of my favorite artists and so it's really sad she hasn't done anything this big since.

Here's the Zin page for her stuff http://shop.comiczin.jp/products/list.php?category_id=6663

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 12:10PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Only a bit more than half way through. And I already feel that I will miss this game, gonna suffer a massive yuri deficiency at the end of this :(

Definitely will miss Yuna, and Megumi, and Sachi, and Hina and Nena a lot...

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Only a bit more than half way through. And I already feel that I will miss this game, gonna suffer a massive yuri deficiency at the end of this :(

Lucky for us there are the Drama CDs, an official manga and the director's twits to satisfy us.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Lucky for us there are the Drama CDs, an official manga and the director's twits to satisfy us.

Could you give me the detail of all that? Like how many drama CD there is (is there subs and such)?

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

If you buy the Drama CDs on Steam or Mangagamer you get them subbed.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

If you buy the Drama CDs on Steam or Mangagamer you get them subbed.

Ah so steam sell CD dramas too? Thought they only sell games.

Anything part of Kindred Spirits franchise that is not on steam?

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 11:09PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

The game and drama CDs are both there; the Drama CDs are listed as movies on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_5_9__12&term=kindred+spirits+on+the+roof
http://mangagamer.org/kindredspirits/

I got my physical collectors edition in the mail a few days ago. :)

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

There's also a handful of doujin works that the game staff have done basically unofficially -- but it's Toi Tentu (director/planner), Mutsuki Tatara (scenario writer), and Peg, so I'd say it's about as official as the tweet series.

They're on Seagull: http://www.seagull-jp.com/music.htm#recipe (first four books listed there). There's a lot of Japanese text in them, as I understand.

There's also a page on Dynasty for Peg http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/peg
although it doesn't have a link to her newer pixiv page http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=9540913

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

and the director's twits to satisfy us.

LMAO

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

LMAO

Sorry, that should be tweets. Forgive me, I don't use Twitter at all.

The translations are here for those interested: http://lion-sensei.tumblr.com/tagged/Kyuusei-Radio

EDIT: I haven't browsed it lately but this is gay af...

@toitentu:
K☆R> Kindred Spirits on the Roof Friendships (Tsurugimine Kiri #2).

She met Ano Fuji at the beginning of May in her first year through a keychain of a companion character from a certain game. I imagine they had a bit of a conversation and then afterwards, Kiri said with a completely straight face, “So what’s with the owner of the keychain being cute too?”

last edited at Jul 7, 2016 3:14PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

LMAO

Sorry, that should be tweets. Forgive me, I don't use Twitter at all.

No worries, I had a good laugh ^^

The translations are here for those interested: http://lion-sensei.tumblr.com/tagged/Kyuusei-Radio

EDIT: I haven't browsed it lately but this is gay af...

@toitentu:
K☆R> Kindred Spirits on the Roof Friendships (Tsurugimine Kiri #2).

She met Ano Fuji at the beginning of May in her first year through a keychain of a companion character from a certain game. I imagine they had a bit of a conversation and then afterwards, Kiri said with a completely straight face, “So what’s with the owner of the keychain being cute too?”

omfg, thats great
I had stopped reading those I think because it was largely about the architecture of the school

last edited at Jul 8, 2016 11:52AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I could just imagine Kiri going wild at this...

@toitentu:
A game Hina liked to play in infancy was “Yuna-climbing.”

Yuna would be reading a book or something and Hina would grab onto her and climb up to Yuna’s eye-level, grin at her, then climb back down. That’s all it was, but it would be a fatal game to Kiri.

I wish they put this in an apple scene...

@toitentu:
K☆R> Kindred Spirits on the Roof Friendships (Futano Sasa #2). Ever since last August, Sasa’s been more proactive about talking to Nena. She asks for love advice and talks about where she goes on dates. Nena, who’s usually calm and collected, can get kind of flustered and lost for words around this subject, and Sasa seems to enjoy bragging about her love life with her.

@toitentu:
K☆R Additionally> Of course, she’s not used to this kind of bragging yet, so I imagine she takes damage afterwards, like “ooorgh!” Nena: “Sasa can be kind of a masochist, huh~”

last edited at Jul 8, 2016 11:17PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I could just imagine Kiri going wild at this...

@toitentu:
A game Hina liked to play in infancy was “Yuna-climbing.”

Yuna would be reading a book or something and Hina would grab onto her and climb up to Yuna’s eye-level, grin at her, then climb back down. That’s all it was, but it would be a fatal game to Kiri.

This must be adorable, but considering that they are only 1 year difference in age? It probably won't be as fun as if infant Hina do it to a full adult Yuna :D

last edited at Jul 8, 2016 11:40PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

This must be adorable, but considering that they are only 1 year difference in age? It probably won't be as fun as if infant Hina do it to a full adult Yuna :D

Hina is also short, roughly a head shorter than Yuna.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I will have to hand the best interaction of this game to Megumi x Sachi x Yuna, especially whenever either the former two going for Yuna possession. Just love every bit of it.

Man. Hopefully there are more games like this untranslated and to ride on the wave of Kindred Spirit on the Roof (with relatively recent success on Steam). There is such a charming aspect of this game that manga as yuri medium can't give. Like even for the pairing that I'm not really interested in, I still can relatively enjoy their story. While the one I interest in, I love every bit of it (can't say the same about yuri manga)

Tumblr_mw6qvr5yfa1shyngio1_500
joined Oct 25, 2013

Wow, didn't know there were doujins.....nice.

Hopefully there would be more Ano ones, she's the only one who didn't get any love and she was such a bro, or what the girl-version of that is, during the entire playthrough, i was hoping she'd at least land for nena or an alternative route.

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Official Seven Seas release soon. Someone hype the countdown!

To reply you must either login or sign up.