Forum › Do You Like Macarons? discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hey, just re-read this one, and at the end when Eli says, "as if" , what exactly did she mean? Any ideas? ^_^ thanks...

It's a callback to Kotori's feelings from the beginning where she also says the same words to herself as an expression for how she wants something but doesn't see how she can get it. When Eli says it at the end (the English phrase is awkward here, but I imagine the original Japanese is more suitable) it's to express that she desires something as well.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Cool, thanks...I got that feeling from the first read, but I wasnt sure if it clicked like that, phrase wise I guess... thanks again!

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Ohhhh that was unexpected of you Eli.

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

I really love this

14cfe1a9-a4f3-4cf0-9523-8f2b4dae54e8
joined Sep 4, 2017

Damn not bad <3

DankestMemeGenerator9000
joined Dec 15, 2017

At first what I thought was...

"Well holy shit. Eli, u gonna die."

At the ending, I was like...

"Oh. Talk about "A big turn of events", am'i'rite?

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

...Can I have more of this?

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

I'm convinced that the reason Kotori gets labeled a yandere is her School Idol Diary. There's a bit in the first chapter, where she's describing Honoka and Umi, and goes on about how Umi is so confident and attractive, how she gives the appearance of being invincible — and then just goes off:

"Well, compared to the word 'invincible', doesn’t 'rarely defeated' suit Umi better? Ah ah, if she knew that I had thoughts like that, she would surely kill me, but, Umi – I’m sorry. I can’t stop my imagination. Compared to a dashingly dressed Umi who clenches her fists and proclaims victory, a dejected Umi who is on her knees with both hands on the floor and tearfully admits 'I lost…' is so much more attractive, so much more outstanding, so much prettier –
"It makes my heart race so much faster♪....
"The Kotori who watches Umi’s archery competitions with thoughts like that is a very messed up person, isn’t she?
"Even if it’s only once, I want to experience what it feels like to be by Umi’s side when she bursts into tears...."

(Emphasis mine.)

She then mentions that she made a doll of "defeated Umi", which is "teary-eyed and dejected in defeat", and that it's her most precious possession.

Sooo. Draw your own conclusions. I don't think it's miles away from her portrayal in this book.

__toshinou_kyouko_yuru_yuri_drawn_by_namori__943f8c23512b1acef28d53ce169c5909
joined Apr 24, 2020

That School Idol Diary sure is something else (as in "it's a priceless treasure I need more, much more of").

__toshinou_kyouko_yuru_yuri_drawn_by_namori__943f8c23512b1acef28d53ce169c5909
joined Apr 24, 2020

Kotori: yandere
Eli: uno reverse card

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

want to make someone mad
accidentally get a powerbottom sub
this dj in a nutshell

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019
Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Kotori: yandere
Eli: uno reverse card

LOL

To reply you must either login or sign up.