Forum › Posts by YuriForTheWin

YuriForTheWin
Image Comments 24 Apr 17:50
joined Apr 23, 2020
80907145_p2

'Aguicheuse va! Qu'est-ce que tu me veux?'

And which ninetails!Maya fic are we talking about? There are some of very... diverse kind. (Yes the one by Xeboot, I have absolutely no complaints about it.)

YuriForTheWin
Image Comments 24 Apr 17:45
joined Apr 23, 2020
67704174_p0

You were meant to be XD. You can't properly understand Alina without having seen her background story, plus she's literally the only Magical Girl ever who made a clever wish for herself and is genuinely happy with it. When she told Kyubey her wish I was like : OMG yes for once there's a girl who understands how it works.

YuriForTheWin
Image Comments 24 Apr 17:24
joined Apr 23, 2020
67704174_p0

^
Preach. Girl I chose her at the start of the game, talk about fate XD. (And I may or may not have something for girls who jump between languages).

joined Apr 23, 2020

Finally I was able to post, at first I was detected as spam -_- it's just lenghty XD.

joined Apr 23, 2020

Oh hey, someone else that gets it! something important to remember is that to Homura, all those people are her closest friends, and while Madoka is the most important person to her as the person she loves, it still hurts her a lot every time she had to watch any of the other three die.

I feel a huge part of the problem is that people take what Homura says at face value and often ignore how she acts, it's like her entire "mwahahaha I am so evil" speech at the end of Rebellion, and how I feel that anyone who falls for it got played by a 14 year old, even the first time watching it I felt I could see right through her and how her words completely mismatch the world she created...

Please bear in mind that I'm talking about anime/Rebellion Homura, the one that might be 80 years old now out of having redone that fateful month hundreds of times. Clearly if we take glasses Homura, yes she wants to save everyone and all. (What's your personal guess on how many times she looped? I personally think that the meager 5 times we see in anime isn't enough for such a character development to take place.)

The nature of Homura's actions is something that was quite debated, seeing how a lot of people consider she only registers the others characters except for Madoka because their death/something bad happening to them would sadden Madoka and might provoke her to make a wish. While I do agree she cares about them to a certain extent, I always felt like Homura appeared to save the situation before Madoka had to make a wish. If she really cared about the others, she'd try to prevent Sayaka as well from becoming a Magical Girl for example, but she doesn't. For Mami and Kyouko she can't do anything about it though.

And what I meant about the fact that at the end of all her time loops she's kinda like Alina was not so much that she's evil and bad but has the same sense of selfishness that drives her actions. It just so happens that Homura's selfishness is less human consuming than Alina's XD. I don't believe she would be taking the form of an 'evil' creature when she separates Madoka and Godoka if she was doing it out of pure : poor Madoka she's lonely. Though I don't believe doing something for your own benefit immediately equates it's bad.

And if the Wings of Magius were a thing in the original series, Homura would have ended up joining them at some point I'm quite sure, maybe as a way to make sure Madoka survives as a magical girl instead of her not becoming one (though she could still die fighting whatever would be left after the Magius' new order overtook the world).

In short, the only thing I wanna say is that Homura isn't benevolent like Madoka was when she made her wish. That's what I meant when I said 'she isn't a good person', I never meant to imply she was a bad person. Most people are situated between those two extremes, but knowing whether Homura is slightly more towards the 'good' part or 'bad' part of the continuum? Really depends on which Homura you consider.

And about cows, let's not forget we forcibly make them pregnant to take their milk, which isn't meant for us since humans artificially developed the capacity to digest milk as adults, take their child to kill them or enslave them if they're females to do the same process, and when these cows aren't profitable enough anymore, we kill them. They might be well treated in some places, the same way magical girls have a wish granted and gain supernatural powers, but in the end, it's all an illusion. I don't mean to go on a vegan tirade here, I am not even vegan XD, but it's a fact we act exactly like Kyubey. We could almost extrapolate on how certain humans stand way above other humans and might not enslave them but...

And I agree with all the above about FE3H and such, I watched an f!Byleth x Edelgard walkthrough and honestly, it took them everything to get the words 'I love you' out of Edelgard lips (does she even say it?) while with M!Byleth it's much easier to get there. Also, with the few female romance options of F!Byleth, it's even a minority with whom it's clearly stated they are a couple or married. Most of the time, it's just very vague comments. Those LGBT characters felt so token it was saddening. When you feel a LGBT character is there only to get some more money instead of genuinely wanting to have LGBT stories in your game/show/whatever, it just doesn't work for me.

joined Apr 23, 2020

Welcome to the club.

I would really love to talk to you about that whole paragraph (I read it all it was amazing), but we can't just fill this thread can we XD. Does Dynasty have some kind of private messaging system?

And yeah companies making LGBT+ main cast is like Disney promising Elsa will be gay : it will never happen XD. But I have the same problem that people just don't believe me when I try to explain to them why yuri barely ever is canon and why Citrus and YagaKimi are huge exception to the yuri genre. People come up in the last few months looking for 'things like Citrus' and I'm just like oof, good luck (and don't fuck it up, thanks Ru Paul). I see so much new yuri fans who hate subtext and I'm just like : you'll be SO disappointed, the whole community is just subtext ships everywhere. Like Love Live is huge but, there's no canon gay in it. Just a bunch of girls without boys anime.

Also have the same problem trying to explain to people why, as a girl, watching something with a male MC just isn't the same than with a female MC. Males MCs are so over-represented, makes me feel like girls just can't be MC meaning they kinda aren't important? Anyway that's just how I feel, but thank God for yuri with all those lady MCs!

And to respect that thread's initial goal, can we all agree that Alina is a-ma-zing through her whole crazyness? I just love her as a villain, no : I really hate the world and people and I want to be BAD. Nah she doesn't care about that, she just does her thing that makes HER happy, she manipulates whoever she wants, but then when we see her story in the game, she isn't exactly a bad person either? She's just that crazy artist kinda like Nietzsche who became crazy at the end of his life (because Syphilis) who sees the world completely differently. I can't put the right words on it, but I just love her. I love Touko as well, but she's kinda the classic : I'm bad because I do something for science that is seen as bad but is actually necessary for some people. But then again, no outright I'm just bad to be bad because I love to be bad. And Nemu... I don't know? We haven't seen her that much in game, can't really say anything about her.

I love villains like a purpose, the perfect example was the Wolkenritters in Nanoha season 2 (A's) who were just trying to save Hayate. Their actions actually benefits people, and in the case of the Magius, not just one person but a whole bunch of people. They might not be the majority of humanity, but they are a few hundreds? not sure how many megucas there are but still. Madoka Magica just has it with making good villains. (I loved Kyubey as a 'villain' though I don't really see them as a villain that much since as humans we do the same thing and would do the same if we could let's face it). And don't get me started on how fabulous Homura's character is, she never was a good person from the start, not a villain either exactly but like she would leave Sayaka to die (and so would I XD) and all the others to save Madoka. Alina and Homura (at the end of all her time loops) aren't all that different, they just don't express their feelings in the same way but at the core, they're similar. And I want MORE of Homucifer ASAP.

joined Apr 23, 2020

If I can add my 2 cents on the previous discussion about Nanoha, I think why NanoFate is considered legendary is because it was the first of it's kind to have blatantly gay main characters who were interested in each other - and not have some really dramatic destiny aka Kannazuki no Miko XD (Strawberry Panic's anime aired in 2006 while Nanoha aired in 2004). Marimite was a huge disappointment in that regard to me, they never got to NanoFate's point (they adopt a child, live in the same house, sleep in the same bed, at this point who cares whether they kiss on screen or not XD). Thus, it was accessible for people like me who cares more about yuri than the magical girl genre. For Sailor Uranus and Neptune, the fact that they are side characters to a show with straight MCs (talking about Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask here, I'm not a connoisseur of the Sailor series, watched maybe 2-3 episodes of the first season) is a turn off for people for are looking for yuri and not magical girl genre. I'd say they are a little less a legendary classic because of that. And Utena... yes she's very boyish, but isn't it like only the movie that gets gay? I wasn't able to get too far in that anime 'cause I wasn't understanding anything XD. I can't say for sure about that one.

Anyways, I come from this pic https://dynasty-scans.com/images/15217 and just finished reading the comment section. I wanna state that it's pretty obvious to me as well that Mifuyu is supposed to be Yachiyo's ex (let's remember that for yuri, you have to read between the lines since they'd never say it outright 'cause it could loose them fans -_-) and I think the anime made it even gayer between them and between YachiIro than it was in the game. I'm wondering though why wouldn't the game be canon as the anime is based on it? Anyways, I do agree with the person (Nevri I think) who said that if the Mifuyu/Iroha/Yachiyo trio were composed of boys and girls instead of just girls, they'd be seen as exes and bf/gf and yes that double standard is really annoying.

And I can't properly understand the Amane sisters' story, I only have one of the two in-game :'( (the weak one :) ) I know they lived apart and found each other quite recently, but I don't know what their wish was. But yes the anime quite pumped the gay up for them, I guess having a visual support for their lines just did it.

I just wanna mention that the 13th episode had me go WTF every two minutes. What the heck, Kaede wasn't brainwashed in the game???? And those doppels weren't there in the game either? And they chased off Mami, Iroha didn't fall into some hole in the ground? The whole anime had me go ??? a lot of times with how they decided to randomly change some things like events leading to the discovery of the Seance Shrine, the miraculous water thing (why the Hell did Iroha drink that water? She's a magical girl, clearly those things were some familiars-lookalike, in the game it was just a normal dude with water, much more believable that Iroha would drink it, it was not in some creepy dark alley??), can someone tell me if I just misunderstood the game or if the anime really went YOLO? And Alina's VA missed her laugh I was so sad, but overall Alina's character really respected her original awesomeness. I picked her at the start of the game, I had the feeling she was crazy XD never regretted it.