Forum › Posts by Clueless1

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

26 is middle aged?

God I hope not. I'm already 26.

I’m 31, guess I should start preparing for retirement. Pension should be kicking in aaaanyday now…

Talk about pressure! 25.6 years average marriage age for women over there (in 2017). There’s gotta be some leeway for educated women… surrogacy should be welcomed. Government policy to allow 3 kids/woman is bonkers. I think it would be funny to have kids to pay taxes… that’s my “Modest Proposal”.

This sort of social pressure to get married so soon does force a debate on whether women get educated over there or not. Those in Afghanistan can’t even have that debate. My stance is in line with Lee Quan Yew’s views: the alphas get paid, the betas don’t, and the gammas get snipped.

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

Looks like relationship isn’t gonna last. The manager is moving onto bigger and better things. So who gets custody of the cat?

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

That’s some Force skills right there! That’s like shooting billiards blindfolded. There should be a PSA: Not even professionals try this at home!

Very cute. An interesting stepping stone, or phase, in a relationship. I don’t know where it would fit: after confession but before buying rings? Or maybe after “roommates” but before marriage?

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

Well, that's a nope from me there. And also, I really wouldn't call that "foiled rape attempt"

I agree. “Rape” tag should be included.

I would like to have “Bad End” tag come back.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Art style and chapter length reminds me of mangaka Mikanuji. This manga is superbly done, would like to see chapters longer than four pages. Just out of curiosity, how long would it take for an artist to come up with four pages for a chapter?

I vaguely recall the artist who does “Pearls before Swine” say it takes most of the day for a single strip, and a whole weekend for Sunday comic strip (at his hangman art style, too). It’s daunting task to do four pages a week, by my amateur estimate.

I don’t think that phone number will be washed off, it will be tattooed on her skin “Memento”-style (backwards, so she can read it in a mirror’s reflection). Fun to see uncle’s reactions, kinda mirrors the reader’s reaction, too. Goth girl can easily pass off as her five o’clock shadowed uncle with a black permanent marker instead of girly makeup.

I’m not up on fashion so can someone tell me: Is Gothic a subset of grunge or is grunge a subset of gothic fashion?

joined Sep 6, 2018

I think it's important that Kokeshi gets as good as she gives in this.

Chapter 21 is the best in this manga! The Shoggoth girl interaction with MC is hilarious!

Not a shoggoth. Dodomeki are admittedly a bit obscure, but they do...err, exist?

Well, I’m thinking of the closest critter that has multiple eyeballs, excluding a Beholder or Medusa… I gotta go with H.P. Lovecraft’s inventive imagination with his “Shoggoth”… sheesh, I’m such a nerd! I’m not up on ancient monsters across the pond.

Edit: Thanks to Wikipedia, I’m surprised to find out the dodomeki showed up before Lovecraft’s critter… makes me think where he got the inspiration for his own critter—he just needed a proper backstory and he did it in spades.

last edited at May 8, 2022 2:17AM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Wow, it’s really rare to see a new manga release with all the chapters taking most viewed spots on this website! Brava or Bravo or, crud I forgot when to use them exactly and I don’t know gender of manga artist… Great job! More please.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Chapter 21 is the best in this manga! The Shoggoth girl interaction with MC is hilarious!

joined Sep 6, 2018

I’m hooked. I’m sticking with this to the end. It took four short chapters to catch my interest, and maybe the translations releases will be similarly sized.

Her previous one shot was a good introduction to her fantastic artistry, so I’m pleased to see this series here. More please.

joined Sep 6, 2018

So, it was never axed and the haters are just bullshitting.

Chill, dude. No one was hating on this. I only said this was axed because that's how it looked to me. I mean, if chapter 28 is the intended ending, that's a surprise because there's no conclusion in chapter 28. You don't have to believe me, just go read it yourself. The raws aren't hard to find.

Maybe the bonus charter gives it some sort of conclusion. I don't know. But my point is simply that the ending from the serialization was inconclusive and unsatisfying. That's not hating

28 chapters and no resolution!?? I’m out.

The antagonist MC is a moron anyways. I mean, laughing off a sincere confession as a joke after a kabedon is a stroke of stupidity.

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

I didn’t think this would be completed… and judging from past comments in the thread, I don’t think I’d like to finish reading this… the manga just dragged on and on. No wonder it was axed. The editors made a good call on this one.

joined Sep 6, 2018

What a cute manga: Furniture making more furniture. I don’t know if the helper girl is going to be fired or promoted for failing to keeping author focused on her writing.

joined Sep 6, 2018

The red flags, they're everywhere!!

It's like a bullfight with how many are flying around

And like most spectator sports, the messier the better. I’m in… but I’m mostly trying to clear my mind of that https://dynasty-scans.com/series/lilies_voice_wear_wind dumpster fire. With my now lowered expectations, I might forgo the sugar mama drained dry trope and consider this better than what I’d recently read.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Readers demand accurate tagging of manga… and whatever happened to “Bad End” tag?

Need a tag for letting down readership expectations: I humbly submit, “No Sales”. As in, nobody will buy this if published elsewhere.

joined Sep 6, 2018

what the fuck

^ +1!

joined Sep 6, 2018

Glad I didn’t read this based on comments and the last chapter. Yes, there are such relationships IRL, but it doesn’t have the literary payoff for readership (they’re not even ROOMMATES! God what a let down). Good luck getting this picked up for publishing stateside.

This manga deserves the “non-binary” tag as the relationship went no-where by choice.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Welp, I went and read the raws, and overall I thought it was pretty unsatisfying. Nothing ever happens between the MC and her friend because the manga was axed, and the only kiss we get is a forced kiss with the dude.

So yeah, not very satisfying.

Why even bother translating a series that was axed before it's time I'm not complaining, I'm genuinely asking

Well, I heard the last volume has a bonus chapter. Maybe the author managed to give the story some sort of conclusion there. Not sure about that though. I only read the raws from the serialization.

Considering this died on the vine before it’s time, I think I’d prefer just a single data dump of all the chapters at once onto this website. I’m not interested in reading the series over a whole year and end up getting majorly disappointed.

Edit: I do appreciate getting notice on how it was received across the pond, it helps enhance or discourage my enthusiasm for the manga beforehand.

last edited at Apr 18, 2022 7:08PM

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018

This looks good. Although a more accurate title would be: “My Useless and Expensive Lesbian Mentor”. It’s the opposite of sugar mama, more like a paid, legal guardian acting as babysitter.

Looking forward to reading the rest of the manga.

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018
97554774_p0

Cliche pose at a different angle is a new pose!

Clueless1
joined Sep 6, 2018
96372520_p0

Wet T-shirt contest— The next level!

“Hey, my t-shirt is up here!”

“Sorry about no napkins at our picnic, but I think I took care of the ketchup stains!”

joined Sep 6, 2018

I’d love to present a diatribe between Beavis and Butthead over the name “Uranus”, but that’d be too old school for me. All I’m saying is: it’s hard to read this manga with a straight face, I mean: dispassionate, unbiased interpretation of the work without intruding thoughts of—“uh, huuuh, huh, huh, she said, ‘Her Ass’, uh, huh, huh”.

The lesson here, and this is why the manga’s text alone deserves “Old School”, is don’t use names with funny homonyms. It’s as jarring as using the character name of Jar-Jar Binks in anything outside of the Star Wars universe. Hell, if I may generalize: pulling names from associated intellectual properties into media not pertaining to the intellectual properties will be difficult for the readers… unless it’s all parody… in which case I’m all for it… uh, huuuuh, huh, huh.

joined Sep 6, 2018

What’s funny to me is the more Yoh molests Misa in her sleep, the more Misa does dirty, I meant romantic, things to Senpai in her dreams.

This chapter is equivalent to the set up of a dirty joke by Red Foxx. I’m in for the raunchy punchline.

And I guess that’s why the mangaka made the first chapter this way—the controversial, taboo hook of molesting without repercussions. The more envelope pushing, the more sales the Yuri magazine is going to get. Titillating, shock media at it’s worst (finest).

joined Sep 6, 2018

I think “Dick Move” applies here. I’d bet mangaka is going to push the envelope in the next chapters.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Perfect… no “Aaaangst!” in this manga. The kohai is pretty cool in this story. I wonder what is her back story.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Wow, she’s totally hooked on the prostitutes like an addict! I can tell she’s going to the dark side… instead of paying for prostitutes, get paid as a prostitute! I’m just joking! The manga is hilarious, can’t think of where the story will end up.