Forum › Posts by kittey

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

https://youtu.be/NnSccAMMEOI
It's yuri. The mangaka herself calls it a yuri manga

https://twitter.com/nekotarou0721/status/1002029558827139073
If I understood that correctly, she also asked the staff to add the yuri tag to the series’ online publication and was delighted to see it show up next to Hino-san no Baka.

joined Sep 5, 2018

The only thing that irks me is that thanks to the charm skill, we don’t know if the companion is actually in love with the female hero or if it’s just the charm skill working as intended. The skirt-wearing guild worker (with the groan-worthy name) doesn’t seem to be affected, though.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Hey... So... several days back I checked in on the childhood friends tag, but couldn't decide which of the manga to read, soooo... which ones would y'all recommend the most?

Jewels and Unchanging Days.

joined Sep 5, 2018

I realize that her mother has probably figured out already that they are dating, but I would love for her to give them her blessing in a more direct way. Not that it's necessary, but more because it's nice to have family support in these matters. Speaking of which, does anyone know any yuri mangas with supportive parent characters?

Maybe try Abracadrabra and Berry Berry Berry A.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

I'm looking for any series you might know where the story is a bit more mature, where the characters are not necesarily adults but behave like it and have a healthy/good relationship? (either starting to like each other or already in one).

Try Edible Flowers.
So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or?, in case you’re not following that already.
Maybe also I decided to fake a marriage with my junior (♀️) to shut my parents up.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 7:50PM

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

I am requesting any good yuri manga (or manhwa, comic, ect) that is lesser known and I might not have read. I would prefer minimal if any nsfw scenes, but those are fine too. It doesn't have to be hosted on here (in fact, if it isn't the chances of me not knowing it go up). I just want something cute, thanks.

Not sure if these are actually lesser known, but they’re a few years old and haven’t attracted many comments:
As Yet I Have No Name (SFW)
Candy (SFW)
Cirque Arachne (two NSFW pages in the last chapter)
Poor Poor Lips (SFW, has a one-shot sequel that’s 20% NSFW)

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

does anyone know of some rlly good delinquent yuri?it doesnt have to be a series it could just be a one shot, but anything with delinquent characters is good.

A bit late, but have a look at TANKOBU.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Hi! anyone know of any good age-gap manga, but where the characters involved are all adults? so like a 20-something with a 30 something or 30 something with a 40 something, or something like that? basically with adults charcaters

Edible Flowers, if you’re fine with 19 and 31.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

11th anniversary and engaged. That’s the kind of story we like to read.

joined Sep 5, 2018

Kitao Taki version. Less delinquents, more pages.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Don’t really know anything about babymaking, yet having a whole chapter of foreplay that’s better than that of many other people who supposedly know what they’re doing. I think we should learn from these two instead…

last edited at Jun 27, 2019 12:11AM

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

After finishing the chapter, go back to the chapter’s title page where Hitomi is not only wearing the matching outfit while holding Mai’s hand; she’s also wearing a wedding ring . Actually, Mai does too on the volume’s cover page.

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 12:46PM

kittey
Their Story discussion 07 Jun 10:24
joined Sep 5, 2018

Hate to sound unappreciative considering I'm reading this thing for free, but literal fuck all happens in these chapters. And I don't even mean romantically since I was genuinely surprised at the jump from subtext to outright kissing but the chapters are just so... empty.

Cut the artist some slack. Considering that the government said “you can’t draw the stuff you want to draw” but the fans say “don’t stop drawing, we want to read more”, the result is quite nice. By now, the Getting Crap Past the Radar intrigues me as much as QT and SJ’s relationship. =D

kittey
Rainbow discussion 31 May 11:51
joined Sep 5, 2018

Blondie looks pretty sad on the last page. My first thought was that she was actually into one of them. Maybe she should’ve confessed instead of bullying them? Either way, it was nice of her to attend the wedding.

So did they have sex and enjoy it or not?

Does it matter? They might be super in love and not care about sex for all we know.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Surprised that her friends accept her coming out so easily since the setting is in Japan, well sadly it won't always work that way irl.

The older generations, which make up most of Japan’s ageing population, are overwhelmingly opposed to same-sex relationships, but the younger generations are mostly supportive. Support for legal recognition of same-sex relationships is already at over 70% among people in their 20s and 30. [Source] It’s just a matter of time until widespread acceptance is reached. Other countries did take their swee time too.

Reiwa for beautiful yuri harmony! (and yaoi and everyone else too)

last edited at May 24, 2019 10:57AM

kittey
Image Comments 22 Apr 18:04
joined Sep 5, 2018
60w2hlk

^ Use the Google and you will find Wikipedia. There’s a whole bunch of other flags too.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Cute story though I don't really like characters like Ryou who refuses to confess and instead expects the other party to "realize" their feelings

Some extremely shy people feel that the embarrassment of the confession would kill them before they even get to hear the answer. Not to mention the imagined shame after a possible rejection. So hint dropping it is.

Quite a dilemma for shy people who would want a shy partner but have no idea how to get one because neither one would take the first step.

joined Sep 5, 2018

Wait! Japanese girls can just choose to wear pants, to school!? This is huge!

The trick “the school rules state that students have to wear the school uniform but don’t say which one” has been used in manga before, though I can’t remember one of the series at the moment. Actually, more and more schools are starting to allow that officially.

You never see a boy in a romance manga, learning to cook, just so he can make the girl he likes smile.

Yeah, we never see Nisekoi’s Raku learning to cook because he was already pretty good at it at the start of the series. =)

but who's the top and who's the bottom

I’m pretty sure the pants go on the bottom. Unless you’re Pantsman. Then you’ll never know which is the top and which is the bottom.

last edited at Mar 13, 2019 11:31AM

joined Sep 5, 2018

Mark426 said:

Finally,

Perverted lesbian girl

KawaiiSuika said:

Pervy lesbian protagonist who is totally comfortable in her sexuality? Yes please. Skeeter Rabbit is technically doing that as well, but that manga makes me kind of uncomfortable.

Nikaidou and Hornymi Rikka would like to have a word with you two.

joined Sep 5, 2018

Come on, guys, stop complaining about the “chapter” length. The artist draws two pages per week, so it’s more like a webcomic. If you wanted a 16-page chapter, you’d have to wait for two months.

joined Sep 5, 2018

So what is the top lesbian in a relationship called?

Tachi. Tachi/neko, top/bottom and seme/uke don’t mean the same, btw. I suggest googling them if you’re interested.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

And are menu items exclusive to couples and women really a thing, that's the weirdest bit to me.

From what I’ve gathered, the Japanese really dig limited availability items, even silly stuff like limited editions that are identical to the non-limited edition except for a minor cosmetic change. Taken to the logical extreme with Gacha games.

Couples-only and women-only items are a popular (with store owners) marketing ploy to attract customers to visit the store and try those items. Not because they’re good but because they’re exclusive. Or rather, they must be good because they’re exclusive, right?

kittey
Image Comments 09 Jan 09:24
joined Sep 5, 2018
Timetravel02

They could be 13 on the previous page, so even if they’re not married yet, Nao could still get married at 23, to Hona.

kittey
Yurigurashi discussion 07 Jan 11:24
joined Sep 5, 2018

Are there any yuri manga where they're also parents?

Try Ebisu-san and Hotei-san.

joined Sep 5, 2018

Thanks for this. I figured that since volume 2 only came out last month, fans would rather keep up with the monthly releases rather than wait around for another tank.

Yeah, some readers don’t care about image quality as long as it’s fast. To bridge the gap until the next tankoubon release, some other groups release those tankoubon chapters only as fast as new ones come out, rather than release the whole thing within one week…

If you guys do want to go with the low-res raws, I can continue posting them one or two days after they come out.