Forum › Posts by Kazu-kun

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I’m smelling the, “church accually is evil regards” twist.

How is that a twist when it was already revealed the head of church has connections to pure blood vampires in previous chapters?

And maybe something that’s supposed to make us about-face on Dolores, cause she’s looking kinda unsympathetic rn.

How does that make any sense when Dolores is clearly at odds with her father (the one with vampire connections)? If anything, this puts Dolores in a better light.

I also wonder how much we should take her, “I’m just manipulating everyone” stuff at face value. IDK. It happens often enough that I think at least part of it is a persona.

I think people seem oblivious to what's very clear about Dolores. She wants revenge. She was in love with this tutor woman of hers who died fighting monsters and she wants revenge. And she wants it enough to go against the church and her father (you know, the one colluding with vampires!!). Enough to use any means necessary to do so which is why she comes off as a bitch.

That been said, she does have a point. She made it clear to Maria since the very beginning that she was using her to achieve her goals, and Maria accepted to ally with her and use Dolores to achieve her own goals (find her sister). This was supposed to be a relationship in which both uses each other, so Mari shouldn't be chickening out now and acting all naive and shit. She knew what she was getting into, and it's what it takes to actually find her sister.

last edited at Nov 20, 2020 6:55AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Yeah "MC overcomes the totally existent pressure to not be traditionally feminine in order to be traditionally feminine" is not really the stirring coming of age tale it keeps being portrayed as.

Some people want to be feminine. Can't see a problem with that.

Also, the issue here is not that she's being pressured to not be traditionally feminine. She's being pressured to do and be what fits her body type. Let's say there's a trans person who is pressured to live in line with their biological sex, even though they don't feel like that. It's that sort of issue.

Ultimately, the theme is simply "don't listen to people trying to tell you what and how you should be; listen to your heart instead."

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

The pure-blooded vampire was in the panel too so I think Noel was feeding on someone while the pure-blooded vampire was informing her of her encounter with Maria.

This means Noel might actually be one of the bad guys at this point. Poor Maria will most likely have to fight her.

I'm not too sure about that, she looks naked in the panel which tells me she might be that pure-blood's slave.

Look carefully. The pure-blooded vampire has a hand in her chest, which is the typical gesture butlers and servants do in manga and anime. Meaning Noel is the superior in this dynamic. Mind you, Noel could have been brainwashed into this role, but it doesn't change the fact she's on their side now.

last edited at Oct 14, 2020 2:05AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Hold on a second here....if this is 100% Noel in real life (not a dream) then is she just part of their organization?

Yes. The only question is whether she's on their side willingly or is brainwashed or something like that.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

So .. do we think that last panel is Noel feeding on Someone or just a nightmare scene where both sisters are defeated

The pure-blooded vampire was in the panel too so I think Noel was feeding on someone while the pure-blooded vampire was informing her of her encounter with Maria.

This means Noel might actually be one of the bad guys at this point. Poor Maria will most likely have to fight her.

last edited at Oct 11, 2020 11:50PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Or, she have someone she trust a lot and that someone can make her socialize

Except that's not happening. For the most part she hasn't gotten any better.

last edited at Oct 10, 2020 10:19PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Some very apathetic people, like Adachi, are fine with just having one special person in their life. They have their person, job and hobbies, so what she needs to stop revolving around Shimamura and that would suit her personality some more are some hobbies, and maybe she'll meet some people through them or maybe not, you can't really socialize with people you couldn't care less for.

Adachi is not really apathetic (in fact, Shimamura is the apathetic one). Adachi has social issues. She has problems socializing with others due to her family issues.

We have all said their relationship isn't healthy, at this point in time. Most young relationships aren't always the healthiest, as they're young, immature and tend to have bad communication, like said young people in them, and yes Adachi is terribly clingly having barely received love and affection from those she wanted it the most and feeling hated by them or well just her mom, Adachi doesn't want that to happen with Shimamura, so she knows she has to change and stop being so demanding and Shimamura knows she can't keep giving-in. Growth in relationships takes time and communication and they have barely just started, so yes they both suck it at right now, but it's unavoidable as those thoughts creep in the back of their minds, they'll have to have a conversation about their relationship or something if they want to keep being together.

The problem is the author isn't doing enough development. We are at volume 9 and their relationship hasn't getting any better. If anything, it got worse with Adachi being more and more selfish and Shimamura just going along with it because, in the absence of love (Shimamura doesn't really love Adachi), she figures the best she can do for Adachi is giving in to her demands.

Am I supposed to root for them when they're so dysfunctional and unhealthy together? I don't think so.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

That sound like Shima is at fault as well.

Yeah, you're right.

How do you know how a normal 15yo girl experience her first romance ? What is normal ? Nobody react the same way. Just because you didn't react this way mean the way Adachi react is not normal. And yeah she havesocial issue, she didn't act them, she have them.

Don't get hand up on the word normal, dude. That's not the point. The point is a healthy kid makes friends and acquaintances and such. Adachi is not like that, and while she claims she's fine being a loner, we know she's like that due to family issues (specially her screwed up relationship with her mother). Basically, the point is she has severe social issues and is clearly not ready for romance.

And i don't recall anyboy saying the opposite.

Then you don't have to ague with me, right?

last edited at Oct 10, 2020 10:06PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Woah woah woah. Yuu IS ASEXUAL.

Yuu feels sexual attraction. In fact, she starts feeling sexual attraction for Touko before she falls in love. Back when they were making out during the sport festival Yuu was already getting all hot and bothered when doing lewd stuff with Touko.

If you didn't realize that by her behavior you weren't paying any attention.

last edited at Oct 10, 2020 9:59PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Almost like it's her first experience in romance and she is a teenager, oh wait it is. You can't expect a 15/16 yo girl with no prior experience in love or hell, even in relationship in particular to be mature for that.

Except she doesn't act like a normal 15yo kid experiencing her first romance. She acts like someone with some severe social issues. And she should deal with those issues before getting into romance. The way she clings to Shimamura is pretty unhealthy, and it's exactly because she doesn't have anyone else close to her to socialize with.

That's what Shimamura should be stepping in and help her. Shima is not a kid, if she think Adachi should be more open and less obsessed then she should talk with her.

It's not working like that though. Their relationship generally takes the form of Adachi selfishly demanding shit from Shimamura and Shimamura generally giving in to her demands or treating Adachi like little kid. It's an unhealthy relationship no matter how you look at it.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

And that's why they don't work as a couple. Adachi is a mess. Too immature for romance. And the more obsessed with Shimamura she becomes, the less likely she is to form important connections with other people. She needs a shrink rather than romance. lol She might be trying to change, but the results are minimal.
And while Shimamura might admire the effort Adachi is supposedly making, admiration isn't love.

As for whether Shimamura is asexual and whatnot, I don't think so. Mangaka and light novel writers don't really explore those kind of themes. I still remember how lots of people though Yuu from Bloom Into You was asexual, and they were dead wrong. Shimamura simply isn't in love with Adachi. Maybe she will later on, but at that point I will lose interest.

last edited at Oct 10, 2020 12:44AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Am I the only one who thinks Shimamura and Adachi make a horrible couple? To begin with, Shimamura isn't even really in love with Adachi, as she said in volume 7. Sure, it was a dream, but that's why we know those are Shimamura's real feelings: the unconscious mind doesn't lie. On the other hand we have Adachi who is way too immature to have a functional romantic relationship. She's clearly not ready. She should be trying to make friends or something instead.

All in all, Iruma is just not doing enough to sell the relationship. If anything, there's more stuff suggesting it just doesn't work.

last edited at Oct 10, 2020 12:12AM

Kazu-kun
Roid discussion 27 Sep 04:57
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

So wait, was prez the one shown next to Meg at the end?

The Prez? No, she looked like Reina. Same haircut and color.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Rin and Mayuki would probably be just fine with a 3P, but I have my doubts about Akira. She seems pretty set on Rin and Rin alone, and she was pretty jealous when she heard Rin had kissed someone else. She doesn't seem like polyamory material to me.

If 3P is endgame, I just hope the author can manage to make it happen without taking Akira out of character.

last edited at Jun 23, 2020 12:30AM

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 28 May 17:48
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Literary writing has a well-established and defined know-how. So well-established that it's subject of university studies and it's the basis for 99% of the stories you read and watch. And it exists for a reason. It's not just "you should write this way because it's right" kind of thing. There's a lot of theoretical and practical knowledge that have been accumulated for hundred of years as to why literally writing works this way.

Well, even crap like Liberty has its sympathizers, but there's no doubt it's deeply flawed, writing-wise.

last edited at May 28, 2020 5:49PM

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 24 May 23:09
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

The problem with this thing is not the drama. The problem is that the characters don't seem to react to it. Liz clearly felt bad after fucking around with asshole-senpai, bad enough to cry a few times afterwards. Yet, in the party she's letting senpai get close to her all over again. She's not reacting, she's not doing anything to change her situation. Then we have Maki, who has been a non-entity for while now. All this drama was basically passing around her without she even noticing that something was going on. And she's supposed to be the MC? This isn't how you write an MC. Anyway, now finally she might find out what's going on. The question is, is she gonna react to it and, I don't know, dump Liz's sorry ass, maybe? Or is she just gonna brush the whole thing off and keep being the passive non-entity she's been so far?

If the characters don't start doing something about all this shit, the drama is pointless.

Someone in a previous post said this manga was realistic and well-written. I won't comment on the realistic part, but I can tell you it isn't well written. It's pretty crappy writing actually.

last edited at May 24, 2020 11:51PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I don't care about labels but I do feel their relationship is pretty platonic. I think Sakurako might like to take things further but Kazumi has drawn a like she doesn't want to cross and Sakurako respects that. That makes for an interesting dynamic but it's kind of a shame too. I'd like to see their relationship develop further. I don't think it's gonna happen though.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 12:04PM

Kazu-kun
Semelparous discussion 21 Apr 21:14
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

The character they killed off (Haruka) is a new character. She didn't exist in the original one-shot. The childhood friend in the original was Youko, which is the other main character in this new series. Basically, what they changed is that Youko went from being a childhood friend to being a senpai. But Youko and Yorino still end up as partners just like in the one-shot, so the end result didn't change.

I get what you're saying, but from a relational point of view it is actually Youko that is the new character. That might have been the name of the other lead in the original, but if you look at personality, history, and relationship to Yorino it is Haruka that was established in the original.

We don't know anything about her personality since Youko didn't get any focus yet. All they changed is the relationship they have, but for all we know, everything else is the same. Even her looks are the same except for the glasses.

last edited at Apr 21, 2020 9:14PM

Kazu-kun
Semelparous discussion 21 Apr 20:48
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Kinda sad Ogino changed it in that way, but after all it's still Ogino Jun in action. I look forward to next chapters!

Yeah, I don't like that change either. The original is still my preference for now, but perhaps this set-up will work better for an ongoing series, so I'll keep up with it and hope it stays interesting.

Yep, exactly. I wonder if introducing new characters, instead of using old ones would work better? Maybe Ogino wanted to use original setting as base and build something new on top of that?
Since Gamma is one of my all time favorites here, I'll just wait for more story :)

The character they killed off (Haruka) is a new character. She didn't exist in the original one-shot. The childhood friend in the original was Youko, which is the other main character in this new series. Basically, what they changed is that Youko went from being a childhood friend to being a senpai. But Youko and Yorino still end up as partners just like in the one-shot, so the end result didn't change.

last edited at Apr 21, 2020 8:48PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Let's see here... how many problems are there with this... First, the kids wouldn't be the same kids if Rin married the guy instead of A-Chan! They would be genetically RIN'S children and not A-CHAN'S children, so they would be DIFFERENT children... you all understand that concept, right?

The one who doesn't understand is you. The point is that Rin has no right to be asking A-chan to do this for her. It's unfair and messed up.
If she wants the kids, she should fuck the guy herself. If the kids aren't the same, tough luck for her, but it's a pretty shitty move to force A-chan to do it for her. It's freaking selfish.

Also, despite what A-Chan is saying at the point where she is stressed beyond belief, she DID love her children.

That's your headcanon. A-chan made herself clear. She didn't love the dude, and wasn't all that interested in her kids either.

Before he died, she was happily raising her children and loved them.

Actually, Koharu's opinion of A-chan was pretty negative since the moment she met Rin, so it's heavily implied A-chan was always a neglectful mother.

Clearly we don't see eye to eye and you're entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion the ending was irredeemable garbage.

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 1:30AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

So when Rin started going on about those kids, I was seriously expecting A-chan to respond in the same way.
I am legit shook that she actually went along with marrying that dude and having those kids lol

She did it for Rin. Rin basically took advantage of A-chan's love. She should have marry the dude herself if she wanted kids.

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 8:37PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Well, Rin did become these kids guardians, so it's not really like she shouldn't have a say in this.

Then she should marry the dude herself and have kids of her own.

Why is Rin's concern for these kids seen as selfish by you?

Because it's not her choice. She's not the one fucking a dude she doesn't love. Again, if she cares so much she should marry him herself.

They're living beings

No, they're just a possibility. They wouldn't exist if A-chan wasn't forced into this mess (Koharu aside).

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 7:54PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

this is a good end because A-chan as a parent finally stops neglecting her children

There would be no problem if the kids didn't exist in the first place.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Well, I'd already read the raw, but the translation doesn't change my option. The ending is garbage.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Doesn't A-chan at least care about Haruhi and Hinata?

She says she only cares about Rin. Rin doesn't agree but I don't see any reason why we should doubt A-chan. Rin is biased after all.

Rin does have a point about them. They will never be born unless they go down the same path as before and they do deserve their chance at living.

They were A-chan's kids. It shouldn't be up to Rin to decide what to do with them. Besides, after all she went through, there's no reason A-chan should be forced into living a life she doesn't want just because Rin got emotionally invested with the kids. I agree with snowangel526, Rin is fucking selfish.

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 7:37PM