Image Comments 22 Aug 23:59
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015
Cdgp3-xveaagvie.jpg%20large

oh goodness..*stares and goes as red as No-Rae*

Selene
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I'd agree with the age-gap tag; it looks like older teen with younger teen, and not just from body proportions but the way they speak with and about each other makes Suzu seem younger.

But I'm more concerned with there being no Watersports tag. Wasn't expecting that at all.

EDIT: Hmm, partial correction. Watersports is tagged on the author's page, but still not in the one-shot itself. Too bad I didn't go to the author page first instead of directly to the story.

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 4:24AM

Selene
Image Comments 23 Jul 13:54
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015
Korrasami_boop_by_kathrynlayno-d8bteka

@telamon, Akirio-chan: The one that really makes me cry is "Inheritance". I can't look at it without tears running down my cheeks.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

They make me think of an age-swapped ShizuNatsu...and that's definitely a good things. goes off to cool herself down

Selene
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Lol was I the only one thinking that prez SumiSumi was hiding the umbrellas for the school image as a yuri wonderland lol would have been funnier if she had been in the shadows going "yes...yes." while twirling her fake mustache
^_^

I half expected it to be Haruka, Kaede, and Kotone's doing. All three of them conveniently hiding their favorite person's umbrella just to make them have to share. I expected to see the three of them chuckling and pulling a second umbrella from their bags as the punchline or something. Kotone and Kaede would totally do it, and Haruka if she wasn't so upfront and spontaneous in the first place. Thinking about it, Haruka would probably just beg to share the umbrella straight out.

Selene
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

^Yes! Class-Prez needs to encourage their search for pretty girls!

Although I love her deadpan "Can't I just be the prettiest?" Totally not what I'd expect her to say, until I remember just how motherly she is to them. Love this chapter.

Selene
Lily Love discussion 11 Jul 23:36
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I like how the misunderstanding was cleared up so quickly. I tend to like the character more when they actually think about the problem and do something to solve it. And the supportive friends are nice too. I hope this stays one of those feel-good stories. The expressions and the art are great.

My only complaint would be the word bubbles sometimes have a confusing order. I wonder if it's just inexperience on the author/publisher's part or if it's deliberate. Or maybe Thai artists are just more relaxed about it in general. Either way, it's only a minor inconvenience and doesn't bring down my enjoyment of the story at all.

Selene
Image Comments 18 Jun 23:52
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015
70c91e15903b81416a545cba35a20e4c

^ Definitely saw this while watching the show, much more than RyukoxSatsuki. Plus Ryuko's naming of Mako and Senketsu together as the ones most important to her was very telling to me. On the other hand, I seem to like RyukoxSatsuki better in fanfiction, and the whole Gamagori crush on Mako probably pulled a percentage in that direction..

Selene
Image Comments 29 Apr 23:56
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Yeah, cause that worked so well with Sailor Neptune/Sailor Uranus...

But who cares anyway? We have Elsanna to look at x;x

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

GUYS! hear me out... this is what I imagine, Akina b-day is coming up right? Which friends will be in the party? All of them? otakus and old friends? JUST IMAGINE THAT!!!

Oh, that's a really good opportunity there! And if it's at her house and her brother is there too? It just might be too much for Akina. Can't wait to see.

Selene
Lily Love discussion 25 Mar 23:24
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Hehe, baby dykes. I tend to use the word "dykelings", has that cute and fluffy feel.

Dykelings makes me think of dumplings. This definitely has nothing to do with the fact I'm hungry right now either.

Tasty either way, you must admit.

Very, very tasty. I was never fond of the word dyke as my first exposure to it was negative, but Dykelings reminds me of some cute little ducklings. squee

Also, loving this art and the Thai prefixes! I love learning about culture so to see how it differs from Japanese (much less English) is really cool! Keep up the good work!

last edited at Mar 25, 2015 11:58PM

Selene
Comic - Sunstone 25 Mar 22:58
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

If yall aren't rooting for Alan to get laid I don't know what to say.

[image]

I can't imagine a more beautiful and pure love.

Lmao I love the husbands look in the bottom panel. There are just soo many good scenes in this series that it's near impossible to just, name, one.

The most impressive part of the art is definitely the facial expressions. It's all amazing, but I've never seen such realistic facial expressions anywhere else. Definitely a must-read for any yuri fan.

Selene
Ayame 14 discussion 11 Mar 15:07
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

But I much prefer Ayame x Sango..... :\

Agreed, though Ayame x Kagari would be nice as a second choice. Usually I have strong opinions on who should pair up but this is a rare case in that I really wouldn't mind all four of them <///<. Maybe Ayame just jumps them all one day?

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I think I see one big problem, here, with people's reactions: they're empathizing exclusively with Ruki. They think Ruki is the main character, Sacchan therefore exists primarily as Ruki's love interest, Remi is the bad guy, and so on. They're expecting a story that was never being told.

I think for Sacchan, she fell into the trap of going for a rebound relationship with Ruki. And she's certainly not the only one who's ever made THAT mistake.

Selene
Encore!!! discussion 10 Feb 04:04
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

So since I started reading The Feelings We All Must Endure I've been hearing about Encore, how it's so great. "But it's a one-shot?" I thought. Yeah, one of the best yuri one-shots ever. Instant favorite, for all the reasons stated above. Excuse me while I go reread the pearl scene now. <///<

Selene
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Adorable <3

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I was never able to get into school police, myself. But generally she is the best.

As for the "Mom went to a girls school too", I don't see the fuss about it. To me it seems like Miu passing it off not because it's an adequate explanation, but simply because she knows her mom is supportive and that's all that matters. Anime and manga give hints of this cultural aspect of Japan, the tendency to take at face value things said by people important to you. Do we need to know every reason her mom has for being supportive? No, her mom's not a big part of the manga except as background.

Theories aside, omg another great manga by Morinaga Milk! fangirl squee

last edited at Feb 10, 2015 3:04AM