Forum › Posts by The YuriWitch

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

The yuri tag on this manga is meaningless. This manga really feel like a documentary on japonese's prostitution rather than a story about a rookie who work in a brothel.
I was expecting to get something like https://dynasty-scans.com/series/i_wouldnt_mind_being_loved but not. I'm not saying it's bad. But I don't feel invest in the story.

I'm afraid I have to agree. So far, there's no real sense of yuri in this story. It feels more like a comedy about an office worker who gets involved with the behind-the-scenes for sex work than yuri. The only times we see the MC interact with other girls, they're either too brief or too casual.

The story itself is low-energy, and the buildup is super slow. It's a fantastic change of pace, but calling it yuri, or even shoujo-ai, is sort of a stretch...

last edited at Sep 13, 2021 6:18PM

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

this is the only manga i know recently that the explicit parts can make me nearly explode with feelings BUT it's the fluff parts that can actually kill me. how did this madman artist balance this perfection?

Balancing horny with wholesome is such an impressive skill to have...there are precious few authors/artists these days who can actually pull it off.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

The tension between them is palpable

The tension is so thick you could play it like a violin...

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

No second chances to assholes!

Nanase should know better!

I dunno...I think this time, the girl's legit serious about being friends. Not that her past actions are excusable in anyway - she rightfully bears the blame for this new awkward distance - but I think she really does want to try and patch things up this time.

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

I don't have a single clue what's going on but I absolutely love it. I'm sticking with this one!

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Yeah, no, that went from an 8 to a 0 very fast. I like the art style but the decline in their writing is way too steep to handle.

last edited at Sep 4, 2021 2:31PM

The YuriWitch
Image Comments 04 Sep 01:02
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020
E-mdjq9uuauxbna-orig

Well, now...it's always nice to see marshmallows squeezed together.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

I do wish we had gotten a longer epilogue. Maybe some day somebody might make a doujin showing their lives once Mayuki turns 18?

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

At this point there's just one thought lingering in my head...if Ayaka and Sora's relationship is supported by Ayaka's family and acknowledged by Sora's mom...what's stopping Ayaka from temporarily moving in with Sora?

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

It's beyond me how people can defend Hima, i get she wants her friends to get along but that's just intrusive, even shiho is mad. I can't stand people that believe they're above all conflict and can solve everyones problems , like dude just let them figure out their problems by themselves . It's fine to give advice but it's annoying when You start meddling in people's problems

If Shiho had dropped her tough girl facade and told Aki the truth from the start Hima would have never gotten involved in the first place. If anything, the fact that Shiho won't listen to anyone just makes it worse. You can't blame Hima for trying to put out a wildfire - even if she's only using a water balloon.

Shiho thinks that by crushing Aki and her band she can somehow impress the pain she felt onto Aki, but all she's doing is digging her own grave. Her pride is higher than a satellite and she's more stubborn than a mountain - if anything, I wouldn't have done the nice thing Hima did. I'd have just slugged her one.

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

This felt like it's been going on for long time... Then you realise, IT'S ONLY ON CHAPTER TWENTY! This is actually a pretty short series but because of chapter release rate, it feels triple the length. Probably ending soon but it has been good.

Ahhhh no don’t jinx it! I want this one to make it to at least 40 chapters!

That's what it feels like! Every time we're on a happy ending, something else pops up. I'm excited to see what else these two plan on doing!

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Y'know...I sort of hope this never gets a NSFW doujin or bonus. It just seems too pure to slap any kind of sex appeal on it. At least not without fluffy, romantic context to go with it.

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Give me a series of this.

I second that motion. All others in favor say Aye.

AYE!!

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

I'm really sad to see this dropped....I do hope someone else can come in to translate this.

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Shiho is a cup of strawberry flavored toxins poured into a dainty wine glass. Seriously.

At this point there's precious little foundation to like her, but going as far as to "claim" Miss Puppy (Hima) as her prize is going too far. The writer has no choice but to make Shiho fail or else they risk bombing the entire plot and ruining the setup they've established up to this point.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Noooo, you can't leave it on a cliffhanger like this! The story is so good!

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Meanwhile, I just want to know...is it possible to make a cake that good without going overboard with the fruit?

Jokes aside, I really do hope we see more of these two in the future! Their story isn't a giant vegetarian buffet like Kase-san, nor is it a multi-layered wedding cake like Citrus. It's short, simple, and with just the right amount of sweetness - sort of like a morning crepe!

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Oh my gloard, girl, JUST GO FOR IT!!!

The YuriWitch
Citrus + discussion 19 Aug 12:23
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Man...there's no winning against Matsuri. She's just too smart.

Also, Mei, the whole "I'm your present" idea? DO IT!

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

I have....SO many questions right now. Namely, what dafuq just happened??

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Oh my god, she's hitting on you so hard you useless lesbian! Just ask her out already!!

The YuriWitch
Image Comments 11 Aug 16:01
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020
Eccz7hlwoailvkz-orig

NEED MORE!! I love this couple!

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

And thus, she VERY rapidly becomes the next ULMC. Noice.

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Uh oh. UH OH. Yuri havoc is to be had!

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Meanwhile, I can't help but wonder if other diets will be mentioned in this series. I know the Paleo diet is effective but its super expensive to maintain, and the Keto diet is good but risky for folks who are diabetic because of the risk of keto acidosis...

But even putting that aside, the personalities bounce off of each other nicely and they have a strong relationship already! I'm absolutely loving this!