Forum › Posts by Tiger

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Also: Ayaka is torn between her really gay feelings for her rival and her need for her mother's love and approval? Yurine's real love rival...Ayaka's mother.

I don't know… That's one interpretation, but… my feeling is rather that she doesn't want to fall in love with Yurine precisely because she reminds her of her mother − someone who expects perfection from her but is unable to simply say "I love you as you are" (which is also why Mizuki is important to Ayaka). When she says "maybe there's someone, somewhere, who actually needs me", Yurine's name doesn't even seem to cross her mind. It's heartwrenching on so many levels…

You're right I think. I've said this before a long time ago in the thread, but Ayaka being a Tsundere to Yurine makes perfect sense because Yurine has never said she cares about her outside their game (and Ayaka's boobs). Ayaka just has everything to lose. uwu My (joking) interpretation would make more sense if Yurine would just say something.

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 2:08PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Lol, you have a lot of courage to read an entire chap with Google TL. X)

Not the entire chapter! Just the really important parts or things that seemed indecipherable on body language alone.

I did that before your team started translating into English too. Boy am I glad you guys did that. x) Google translate gets tiring.

And boy I love the Mizuki-Ayaka scenes so much. Mizuki's concern and care for Ayaka are really touching, and Ayaka's imagine spots about Mizuki and Moe are always hilarious.

Mizuki's reactions really sold how traumatic that phone call was. The imagine-spot was much happier than the real phone call.

This is the kind of chapter I've been waiting for where Yurine and Ayaka's dumb competition gets called off and they now have to interact for real instead of as part of the game.

Also: Ayaka is torn between her really gay feelings for her rival and her need for her mother's love and approval? Yurine's real love rival...Ayaka's mother.

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 12:18AM

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Kiroumaru, where's your avatar from? Looks pretty cool.

It's Kiroumaru from Shin Sekai Yori (Into the New World). It's a very good anime. I highly recommend it. Hope you don't mind my answering, since I recognized the character.

Don't mind at all! Thank you.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Kiroumaru, where's your avatar from? Looks pretty cool.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

From what I could tell from google translate I really liked Ch. 22 and I look forward to 23.

I have a hard time telling what Shiramine is telling the reporters or not because I can't imagine her telling them the whole, real story.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Whelp. This was the confirmation chapter that I didn't want to happen. At least it was fairly well written and somewhat believable how she'd have such doubts.

My concern is how this revelation is just going to hang over this entire series. No matter how good things might get in the future, there's always going to be this drama filled confrontation just around the corner. We know it's coming, and because we know, I'm just a bit more disinterested than I was previously.

I would have preferred her feelings to be shown to us and not told. Reveal this through her expressions and confusion. Never come right out and say it, but have it be observable to those who look. Devoting an entire chapter to this, no matter how well written or enjoyable, seems unnecessary.

Personally I am really hoping that Sayaka gets someone else. I think Nakatani could write it well if the series ends up being that length (if it's too short then no), and it wouldn't leave the readers with a bad taste in their mouth.

Because that is pretty real life to me: you fall in love, they're not in love back, and you need to move on. But that doesn't have to be bad, and maybe it could even save their friendship?

But first, Yuu needs to get a lot gayer.

last edited at Jun 2, 2016 4:22PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

…For those curious, the volumes' bonus content is available in French.
Chapter 7 volume version (Maya and Chiharu)
Volume 2 omake (Maya and Chiharu)
Volume 3 omake (Yukina and Towako)
Chapter 17 volume version (Mizuki and Moe)

Yukina/Towako was great. I didn't get enough depth from them (plus Towako did some weiiiiird stuff) when I read the original chapters, but I can see now why they're your favorite. Somehow I missed it, but I wish they had more material like this with Towako having good, normal interaction... Those were some harsh things she did.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Yeah let's… talk about the chap, shall we. >.>

It would be pretty sweet if Sayaka supported Touko's love instead of getting in the way... But then again, she might not want Touko to suffer the same way she did. :x

Yeah, Nakatani writes really well so she can easily make Sayaka a whole lot more likable all in one chapter.

At this point I don't think what attracted Touko to Yuu matches up to what Touko THINKS attracted her to Yuu.

Rather a passing crush and obsession that turned into more, probably based on the qualities of Yuu that are different from Sayaka. (Poor Sayaka. Ouch. Judging from Nakatani's art I don't think she has a chance.)

Ex: Touko likes chasing her unwilling prey down for several miles in the desolate wastelands of high school.

last edited at Jun 2, 2016 3:59PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I don't know if chapter 22 can be called "cute". It's not exactly a funny chapter. =[

Hahaha, well, I saw the previews for "Bloom Into You" Ch. 12 and it was focusing on a character I didn't really care about soo.... it can't be more of a letdown than that, right? I liked all of the characters in Ch. 21 so if anyone comes back that's great.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Hoping for lots of cuteness this chapter.

Can't read French but I am now combing through the MiamMiam site trying to look for clues. (Is it in QC?)

Glasses Shiramine has seduced me.

Not to rush you or anything-- I just want to say I am excited and appreciate your work.

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 12:11AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Anyone else is dying for chapter 7 already?? :(

Me too. Well, I've got it scheduled after the one I'm currently working on (TLU 2nd edition vol 1 special), but I've become somewhat busy in real life, so I can't say how quick I'll get it out.

I was really grateful to have the raws linked. Always helps me wait. Take care of what you need to.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I feel like a bigger problem is not enough people can pull off the glasses in their drawings. Ayaka's switch to having glasses is seamless. As in, she's cute, but it doesn't ever feel like she's become any less herself (just, Ayaka with glasses, which happens to be really cute). Often times they're instead used as a plot device instead of a small, cute facet to their character that is realistic. Or they always have glasses. Always.

Of course, I have read some one shots before that actually used the glasses plot device to amazing effect, just....not more than once that I can remember?

Izumi was quite clearly smitten with Chiharu, but there was indeed no indication that it was mutual at that point. So I'm not sure what happened between them, unless the second Drama CD is canon...

Did Canno just draw them naked together on her twitter?

https://twitter.com/_canno/status/734718587735138304

last edited at May 28, 2016 11:35PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

This is cute:
https://twitter.com/_canno/status/734718587735138304

When I read these two's chapters they didn't seem very gay, but then again, with some exceptions from Kurosawa, Canno's twitter is so much gayer than her comic. If only she could get that stuff past her editor (assuming that's what's happening...?).

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

It says it's a special 4 page leaflet for those who ordered the volume on Comic ZIN…

PS: Hum, I translated the three additional Little Theaters in the volumes (for chapter 12, 19 and 20), but I'm not sure how I should publish them... A separate "chapter" like the internet shorts? V2s of said chapters ?

Probably V2 since they usually go together with the chapter in some way? (These are like the side character glimpses for a page after, right?) Of course, I will go read them as soon as I see that they're updated, but if no one's reading this they might not... but it would be better for new readers.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I have discovered there are at least two pages to the Moe/Mizuki sleepover but only the first page was big enough to read.

https://twitter.com/anokonikiss/status/700908514907021312

Is this part of the added material for Book 4? I couldn't find it in the new raws.

last edited at May 19, 2016 11:24PM

Tiger
Image Comments 18 May 01:11
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015
Bleachtho

More frustratingly (and probably the nail in the coffin for me) was when I realized that though Tite Kubo had done an illust like this (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/bleach/images/9/96/Shinigami_Tatsuki.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20120219054830&path-prefix=en) he was NEVER going to pull through with doing something that cool.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Never watched or played the game but I love these two. Natsuki is hot.

Drpepperfan, may I ask where your avatar is from? There's no PM so I've been trying to catch you.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I still got nothing. =[ It's the same short where Yurine promises Sumire she'll marry Ayaka so that Ayaka can become her real Big Sis. Yeah.

So THAT'S what was going on... much appreciated. I wasn't really sure whose fantasy that was.

Can you link me that short? :O

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga_big&illust_id=46199467&page=0

HAhaahaha cuute :3
Those arent bikini tho, it's really underwear xD ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

OMG, that is MORE fabulous than I thought!

Also I found a tiny page preview on pixiv for a page that appears to be a sleepover with Mizuki and Moe. No sign of the actual comic. Bottom middle under "COMIC ZIN".

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga_big&illust_id=55482343&page=2

last edited at May 18, 2016 1:08AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

@Tiger: Oh... and how do I navigate this thing? >.< Do I need an account on the site?

Anyway, well, we're talking about Yurine, who's attracted to all things Ayaka, and since Ayaka is probably the most well-endowed girl of the series (save for Yukina, maybe), that's hardly surprising.

I wasn't logged in so I didn't realize that when you ARE logged in it sends you ONLY to the linked image. It sent me to the bundle but when I logged in it just went to one...oops.

Pixiv is really confusing that way so I'm just gonna link it directly this time. Or try to. Maybe pixiv will foil me...

Bikini

This is the link to this single one if you're logged in: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga_big&illust_id=46199467&page=10

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

This is AnoKiss, so new volume = new couple. You should get used to it by now. =O

I wonder if Canno will further the connexion between the two characters arcs though. Maybe Sawa will remember something while listening to Ayaka's story…

the pixiv bikini groping

Hum… not that I'm curious or anything but… do you have a link…? >.>

Unfortunately it is not as fabulous as it sounds. :( It's #11 on the pixiv stuff gezh linked here: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga_big&illust_id=46199467&page=2

#19 is a close up on the Alice in Wonderland thing I referenced.

Yurine and Ayaka are on their way to being the last couple as well as the first one....

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I looked at the raws for 21 and though I am excited to read the translation I am having a hard time figuring out how that relates to Shiramine. You guys did say it was about her somehow? Or her name was just in the title and Canno really was messing with us?

1. You better be hyped af to read it cus I just went from 7pm to 4 am QC-ing this thing and I am dying BUT I'm hanging in there cus the yuri fuels my soul (+ gotta be super tryhard about it cus people are gonna read it)
  2. I hold immense gratitude towards Lyendith for translating this series in two languages so that people can enjoy this fluff

As good as promised! Thank you to you and Lyendith big time! Chapter 19.5 fills in the smoothness needed and really patches up the Ayaka/Yurine focus going into this chapter (21). Seems like Yurine's suggestion to go somewhere with just the two of them was taken seriously. ;)

I have come to the realization that Yurine seems to be really interested in Ayaka's boobs. There's the internet short with groping, the pixiv bikini groping, the single page preview comic groping in Chapter 5, comments in Chapter 11...heck even in her Alice in Wonderland themed illustration Yurine is STILL touching Ayaka's boobs a little. Now I just wonder if her getting to touch is canon or will become canon.

Thank you gezh for the links! That first one is kid Ayaka and Mizuki?

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I looked at the raws for 21 and though I am excited to read the translation I am having a hard time figuring out how that relates to Shiramine. You guys did say it was about her somehow? Or her name was just in the title and Canno really was messing with us?

last edited at May 11, 2016 10:31PM

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Lmao the way their friendship started was pretty silly, you guys should really go back and check that out. The way Onoda bitches on random strangers, is exactly how Chie and Ai's friendship started, with Chie bitching on Ai and convinced that she had dark and terrible-looking nipples, and eventually concocting the sketchy plan of befriending her and hopefully being allowed to cope a feel. How it has changed since then is pretty remarkable.

I am pretty sure that nothing Chie did that was super-gay was an accident.

However, it kinda seems like every thing super-gay Ai does IS an accident.

It always feels like Ai is the reason they're not making out yet. Shy and reluctant or something? Kinda like how Yuu is the reason Mari and Yuu are not actually sleeping together.

Tiger
Boyfriend discussion 10 Apr 21:19
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Hey, machigai kouhai when Risa goes on about "seeing you as a man"/"seeing you as a girl" is she referring to the phrase where like female characters (or even male characters) will tell a character who is CLEARLY the gender they are that they "don't see them as a man/woman" because they mean they're like a brother or sister to them?

Is the phrase originally supposed to be a little different in Japanese than it is in English? I feel like we're missing something here on how it comes across, but maybe not.

last edited at Apr 10, 2016 9:19PM