Forum › Posts by Chikaon

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Like yeah, Yurim deserved none of this shit and I do have some sympathy for her but her treatment of Gayoon means it's not really a lot of sympathy because Jesus Christ her behaviour is beyond the pale and no amount of tragic backstory will make me not despise her for it.

Yeah it sucks for Yurim, but I can't fully sympathize with her right now knowing she herself also began bullying weaker and younger students. There's no excuse for that. She knew how bad it was for her, so she out of everyone should be able to sympathize with Gayoon the most.

I'm thinking in the end she'll become a bully as a way to be at the "top" and not suffer from anymore harassment because everyone is scared of her. Kinda like living up to other people's expectations since they think that of her either way. "If that's what they see me as, then I'll be the delinquent they want!"

Well, Yurim has a point. While she was bullied by the seniors, Minji kept on wringing her hands but didn't do squat, even though it was totally her fault.

And I noticed : at no point did she apologize. She just said that it was "hard for her too" and that she didn't intend it to happen. Biggest coward of them all.

Yep. The worst one. She said she tried to stop rumors and stuff, but I think it's bullshit. If she really wanted to apologize, she would have done it after the first beating. Saying "I didn't mean it!" isn't an apology. Also in the first panel, she's laughing with her other friend's without a care in the world. If she truly did feel bad, she would probably be around Yurim feeling guilty on the sidelines. Rereading her "apology", she just turned the entire situation to her. She made herself to be the victim, not Yurim. Like how much more salt can you rub in her wounds, telling Yurim to feel sorry for her in her state. Despicable.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

But like Centaurs Worries that was completely dropped after being licensed.

The reason why Centaurs Worries was dropped was because Futari Wa Pretty Anon lost interest in it. I think they were still scanlating it alongside the official release so it wasn't dropped because it was licensed. If another group really wanted to pick it up and scanlate it, new chapters would probably still be uploaded.

But yeah...like you said, the politics behind uploading licensed series here gets a little confusing haha. Only Dynasty knows what they wanna do in the end~

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Not that im thrilled about waiting a year just to read vol 2, but is this alright/isnt this a bit awkward? That Fly by Yuri drops the scanlations in response to the licensing, out of respect/support, and that right after someone else steps in and volunteers to pick it up/picks it up?

Well it's the same as Bloom Into You. It was dropped because it was licensed and then other people picked it up and the new scanlations were uploaded here.

I think technically in terms of hosting it on Dynasty, it's "okay" since from my understanding, Dynasty only removes it if they get a notice from the licensing companies to take it down.

True. I just kinda remembered it as YP being busy too and not really caring. They hadn't stopped when Citrus was licensed, for instance.

YP stopped scanlating Bloom Into You because Gulf Standard (I think) didn't want to translate it after it got licensed to support the official release. So it's the same deal as Fly by Yuri.

It's a little more complicated on YP's side though since YP is just a board for anybody to help with on scanlations so maybe the rules are different for YP.

What the scanlators decide to do and what Dynasty decides to do aren't related at all.

But this isnt true tho, from my understanding, Dynasty is like, known for respecting scanlator wishes. Asking for permission to upload, respecting their wishes if they wanna have stuff removed, something like that
From what I see, Fly by Yuri is stopping specifically because of the licensing, support and stuff.

Hm, but since they respect scanlators' wishes, what about the new scanlation group's wishes? Since FbY doesn't own the series and only own the work on their scanlations, they can only request things to be done with their own scanlations. So I think if FbY wanted all previous chapters she worked on to be taken down, she can, but that doesn't mean that another group's scanlations can't be uploaded to replace them.

Well in the end, it's up to the admins of Dynasty to decide what they want to upload. This is just what I understand from seeing other similar cases throughout the years.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Not that im thrilled about waiting a year just to read vol 2, but is this alright/isnt this a bit awkward? That Fly by Yuri drops the scanlations in response to the licensing, out of respect/support, and that right after someone else steps in and volunteers to pick it up/picks it up?

Well it's the same as Bloom Into You. It was dropped because it was licensed and then other people picked it up and the new scanlations were uploaded here.

I think technically in terms of hosting it on Dynasty, it's "okay" since from my understanding, Dynasty only removes it if they get a notice from the licensing companies to take it down. What the scanlators decide to do and what Dynasty decides to do aren't related at all.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Thanks Newp for the translation. My heart is breaking all over again ;_;. It feels even worse now since I understand her blog post.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

My heart is breaking. That's some beautiful artwork she gave us on that post....I'm so sad right now.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Bitch finally got what she had coming for her. It's really disappointing to see Yurim become a bully herself after knowing her back story though :/

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wow Yuzumori looks like a BABY. I wonder what the age difference is. She looks like she's in primary school based on the backpack and lack of uniform...

Chikaon
NozoNico discussion 09 Jun 13:34
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

(Tsubasa is my #1, so please enjoy stuff about her ;_;).

Ahhh a fellow Tsubasa stan! Hi five! I haven't met many people where Tsubasa is their #1 as well. I always thought it was funny that I wasn't able to pick a favorite in all of Season 1, but once Tsubasa came on screen for like 2 minutes, I fell instantly in love even though I wasn't a fan of her character design.

Ok this'll be my last comment about Tsubasa. Sorry for derailing the thread!

Chikaon
NozoNico discussion 09 Jun 06:36
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

As for Tsubasa, well... honestly, after reading that one doujin where she literally kidnapped Honoka and was creepy as hell, I haven't liked reading about her as much (even though I know she's not really like that... right?), so I dunno whether I'd pair her up with anyone.

Agh it pains my heart to see this spoken about my girl Tsubasa ;_;

Have you watched the second season and movie? She's so charismatic and admirable, I don't know how people can dislike her :(

Ahem, my bias for Tsubasa aside....

NOZONICO! NOZONICO! I've always liked this pairing. Nice to see more of it being uploaded.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

There's lots of awesome radio shows if you're into the seiyuu side of things! And the music, of course.

There's also the drama tracks that were included with the various singles, check out Dàxīng Dàn on Vimeo for translations of these.

And trust me, there will be yuri and fanart doujinshi when the fan artists start to get behind various couples more. YohaRiko seems popular at the moment because of seiyuu nonsense (could just be the people I follow on Twitter biasing this though). RubyMaru and ChikaRiko have both had some showing in official PVs/art/manga/etc too. If it's anything like season one, you'll see the staff tease a number of possible couplings, and depending on how the fanbase reacts guides how much they wind up pushing them in later official material...

Definitely check out the radio shows if you're into seiyuu/idols! I didn't really care much for Sunshine at first since I was waiting for the anime to come out to see if I wanted to be as invested as I was with u's, but after a couple of seiyuu clips, I fell in love. Rikyako best girl <3. They're all amazing and dorky though.

(Come to think of it, the only reason why I really got into u's was because of the seiyuu as well haha)

Riko is so shippable. I'm personally cheering for ChikaRiko to become "canon" since it'd be nice if the leader actually had an "established pairing". I'll be sad to have another rerun of 3rd wheel Honoka...

last edited at Jun 5, 2016 7:26PM

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

So to basically tell her to keep right on swallowing her feelings...I don't find that helpful advice.
That relationship of yours and Sensei's, that she is so envious of? It only happened because one of you stood up and took action. Maybe you both did.

Because both reciprocated. Touko does not, and Sayaka knows.
Maybe I read it differently, but I didn't see it as the manager tell her to "swallow her feelings", but kinda.. supporting her decision, understanding her hardships and selflessness.
I find that comforting.

I agree. Sometimes people just rant because they want to let out their feelings. I don't think that Sayaka necessarily went to the Manager to seek advice, but more of just an ear to rant to and the Manager understands that.

Chikaon
Comic Girls discussion 03 Jun 04:15
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ahh it gets better with each chapter. The housemother knows where it's at. Why draw it when you can just watch XD

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Agh ended just as it began :(

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

And maybe, in boxing, it's important to be prideful and not throw the towel at the slightest mishap? He just ridiculed her in public.

I know that the author wants us to think that Yurim fucked-up because of her pride, or because she was full of herself, and so had anything that came to her later coming, but I can't help but think that the coach could have handled this better.

What the coach did was effed up, but I wasn't actually really surprised? Might be the Asian way of teaching. They always love to ridicule you in public as punishment. (speaking from experience)

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oh I'm surprised it jumped straight into Yurim's storyline right after part 1. I was expecting it to slowly lead into her story after hinting at it the previous chapter. Not sure how I feel about this pacing. Ah well, maybe it's a good thing to get all this background emotional baggage out of the way for the story to really focus on the present day.

Yurim's backstory so far is pretty boring and typical for her character type, but it's only 1 chapter so far, so I'm still interested to see where her story is going and how it'll relate to the rest of it.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wow that was a little painful to read through. The teacher should have told her to get a proper sports bra if she wanted to continue track...you can't run track in a wired bra O_o

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

how RHB (sigh I really need to learn her name) phrased it makes me wonder if Soha has done this before. Maybe she was a victim (?) herself in the past...childhood friends or something.

Yuri's (lmao her name is Yuri)

Ahahaha her name is Yuri. Welp, that settles it. The real pairing is gonna be YURI x GAYoon.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wow I'm really surprised how fast Soo and Sol's relationship progressed after the last chapter. I thought they'd still be a little shy around each other, but Sol's almost a completely different person. Talking like she knows all about love haha. Sigh the good ol' honeymoon phase.

The expressions in this chapter were off the charts. I'll forever love Pito's derpy expressions in his art.

Hmm sensing a love triangle with Red-Head Bully (RHB) possibly? I'd actually be pretty interested to see if it does go that route, but Pito would have to do a damn good job to convince me to forgive her past bullying. As long as it doesn't go that "I bully you because I like you" trope....

I think end game will be Gayoon/Soha and RHB will just be the plot device to get Soha to think of Gayoon as a person and not as a dog. Rereading the end though...how RHB (sigh I really need to learn her name) phrased it makes me wonder if Soha has done this before. Maybe she was a victim (?) herself in the past...childhood friends or something.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1oNJq-dHzE

The Handmaiden, based on Fingersmith and set in 30s Korea during Japanese occupation.

Knowing how koreans feel about LGBT it's probably going to be a huge disappointment, I'm not even gonna get my hopes up for this.

As long as they don't end up making the two straight, then it's all good in my book. I have a bad habit of placing hope into Korean media...

Based on the trailer and character intros, it looks pretty faithful to the original so far. The cinematic direction is really pretty if nothing else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKpZLtt4Ctg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR4nEO3eZvA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI-ZqQT-NiM

(I need to tone down my excitement so I don't get disappointed later on if it sucks sigh)

last edited at May 20, 2016 6:49PM

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The spooning scene was super cute.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Eh I'm satisfied with the ending. I don't think they remained the same. Reo understands Meiko's thoughts and feelings now, and Meiko acknowledged she was being a douchebag and is no longer holding Reo on a "chain". Reo willingly chose to be with Meiko knowing everything. I don't think their future relationship will be as abusive as it was before, Everything seems more consensual now. I think there will be ups and downs and they do still have some codependency issues, but I think it's all a step in the right direction.

The way it was written made everything feel underwhelming though. The pacing could have been better. It was pretty awkward and choppy. Ah well, time to move onto the next soap opera by Kodama.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

That title is like the opposite of clickbait. I almost missed a really sweet story! lol

I really wonder what the author was thinking about creating a title and cover for a story like this. I'm willing to bet they actually got more sales though since hentai probably sells faster than a serious story.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Eh in my opinion as long as it's not hurting anyone, just let other people enjoy what they want. It's fiction and as long as it just stays fantasy and doesn't start to involve REAL minors then it's all good.

I personally don't like loli/major age gap, because I don't find the mental age of children attractive. And if they are depicted as "smarter and more mature for their age", then I think that kinda ruins the whole point of the genre anyway. Might as well read something else about an actual adult....(maybe that falls under the older than she looks)?

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wow I thought this was going to be a pretty ecchi hentai book based on the title and cover, but damn it was beautiful. It's so beautifully drawn. I love the watercolor/marker style it has. I hope people give it a chance and don't get turned off by the title and cover. It's not about infant play at all...

The author's note at the end gave me a huge laugh.