Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Rhabarberei-1654084873345269761-img1

This would be a lot hotter if you reversed their positions imo.

Also - @Kojiro481 I agree :) I hope they push it a bit further in the next part too!

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Myst

Anyone know if the physical will get an english release?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Hvhy5i6z2iwa1

^Not sure what constitutes disasters but they are couples and do the normal couply stuff lol even if it took a while for Anis and Euphie.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Hvhy5i6z2iwa1

Poor Tilty - better luck in book 5, girl!

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Gldxsnnsemungof-1651059851219582977-img1

lovely pic :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I know this isn't the first and not the last story to do it, but does this happen? Do people just get up to other people and grab them? And if so how often does that happen? I know I know, it was done to save time and jump right into the issue of this guy being a nuisance. But at that point just cut to Maki going back with drinks and show Julia in the distance looking distressed with a guy or two around her. I think social anxiety is common enough nowadays that it would be even more relatable to the viewers, really.

I had a moment of being unable to suspend my disbelief at it more in this story than usual because of where they were in this particular story too. A place where money is being won, and people start getting aggressive and grabbing random women? Security would have them out instantly.

And this is a great oneshot as a professional debut. Hope to see more of their work in the future.

Well to be fair you cant win money in a pachinko parlor- all the stuff in the machines is tokens so the only money is with the coin exchange counter/machine. I think pachinko parlours are pretty low maintenance/low staff.

But still - the tokens are not worth nothing- There'd be a shop across the stree that could exchange the prizes they buy for cash.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Did they just leave shit loads of tokens behind?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So are these really all adults who are tiny and look like kids, like Koguma?
I mean i cant see how otherwise a group of children that young could be running a cafe?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Lol this is true- and while it has tons of kissing, i cant recall offhand any that last more than say 2-3 pannels or seem to span more than a few minutes. There probably are and im forgetting - time i re-read it :)

last edited at Apr 25, 2023 4:25PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Every so often I just think to myself "three hours" and smile.

Me too :)

I mean how often do we get extensive or multiple kiss scenes or are told they made out of hours?
We normally get kiss scenes of a single kiss - and then sex scenes. In fact the only other example I can think of with multi panel/page kissing or making out that lasted hours I can think of is in Choir - and maybe a few doujins.

last edited at Apr 25, 2023 3:43PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I thought that too- I was suprised Hino didnt comment on getting Koguma's namesake as a gift :)

@Heavensrun I00% agree! I'd love to see a chapter where Hino's parents come home while Hino and Koguma are there and they say something stupid and Kogu lets em have it with both barrels - then Hino backs her up telling them what utterly useless excuses for parents they are.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, I'm losing it right now, they actually made it! Idiots in love! I was so nervous it looked like they would pass in the night and never make progress, but then they did and Koharu took the initiative and they're wonderful!

I knew the second I saw the kiss on cheek panel that Koguma would go for a kiss on the lips! No way she'd accept just on the cheek!

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

OMG Talk about paying out big all at once! That was so satisfying and moving- I started to actually tear up at the first proper shared kiss in school. where Koguma also at last admitted to herself how much she loved her.
At first I was a bit mad Hino kinda spoiled their romantic scene with a view after opening up - but basically it was totally her.. These 2 were never gonna have a regular date kiss scene go to plan lol. But im super glad it was imediately followed up by a real resolution. And then I cant believe they made out on her bed for 3hr!

And its SO wonderful to see they now cant get enough of kissing lol! How often do you see that in yuri?

@Ehhhhhhh I hope so but also often getting together like this means your near the end- but I hope not!
I'd love to see them progress alongside the normal humor till graduation. And I wanna see what happens with Omichi and loli.

p.s They might be kissing but we've not had a declaration they are dating yet- I wonder how long till they make it officially girlfriends? Then I hope we get to see Koguma's mom finding out/being told- she looks like she'd be totally fine or even a wingmom.

p.p.s THANKS a ton for the incredible work on this! Ive no idea how you all did it so fast and well!

last edited at Apr 25, 2023 2:51AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Im still unsure if she knows herself why she is running away or not.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Shew03-1646287338908303360-img1

^Me too.
Anis & Euphie have only kissed and Anis seems very shy in actual romance so the author can take that slow.
That aside im guessing there will be a fair amount of politics and magicology, maybe some monster hunting - but i think they will need to add some new chrs and plot points- some new noble against them, perhaps another country against them / invading etc. I look forward to see.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Shew03-1646287338908303360-img1

2 days till LN part 4 comes out in english :)
Looking forward to seeing beyond the anime!

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 11:58PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@ nicc So if Shego was legally an adult by 1 year and Kim as a minor by 1 year it would be immoral just because of those legal definitions when otherwise a 2 yr age gap wouldnt even be worth mentioning??
There are far more important things than what they are legally defined as - such as their actual emotional maturity and wishes. Sure I can see why people dont like big age gaps or dont find it acceptible with much younger girls like preteen especially- but it more sounds like you were saying you dont care what the gap is- its just not acceptible no matter what just because of a legal definition.

Most countries even have specific laws about couples who straddle the line - and it being fine if the older person is within a few years of the younger one.. (And yes I know this doesn't apply to Kim and Shego)

last edited at Apr 10, 2023 10:01AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I used to love this ship - there was tons of good fan lesbian fics for this paring when it was on!

As to their age gap, we never saw kim being new to highschool or preping for finals so i always assumed she was 16 or 17.. and thats totally fine and legal for me - even if Shego is 8-10yr older as long as it was concensual. Kim was making life or death decisions on her missions so she is old enough to choose her own partner.

At least thats what i think. Kim was also a total badass capable of kicking Shegos ass so its not like she is some weak easy to take advantage of little girl lol.

last edited at Apr 10, 2023 10:03AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Qtwd1fq

^Thanks - for some reason that tag didnt occure to me.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Moepush-1643874155467796480-img1

^ im not sure what swag means by mana potions either- there arnt any.. They might be refering to the boost pills Anis uses made from monster crystals that make her go a bit crazy - she has them in a little bottle.. But they are not some big issue- she is literaly the only person with access to them and that is the only occation so far that she uses them- and they dont even effect her THAT bad.

@herenowforever I do agree it seems a bit rushed especially in the last few eps. They coulda made it 13 or 14 long and it woulda been enough- but i dont think making just the first 2 vol for the anime woulda worked- it doesnt have a satifying conculsion at that point - and there wouldnt be enough in the first 3 vol to span 2 seasons- so I do think a 1 cour was enough to cover most everything and keep the pace up. But like I said 1 more ep at least woulda been better pacing for the ending. But the ending is still amazing and satisfying imo :)

especially as a yuri fan- i cant think of a better iesekai or even fantasy anime from a yuri standpoint - tho maybe im forgetting some shows lol.

last edited at Apr 8, 2023 3:22PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Moepush-1643874155467796480-img1

Its way better than swag made it sound lol. First its art and animation are way above typical cheap ass production value isekai's like ledale or 'i said to make my abilities average' got. Good voice acting, and funny, and manages to avoid many tropes of the genre.

All the characters have some depth beyond what you first think - you see their growth/change and the multiple layers to their characters. And it displays proper realised yuri and isnt just bait! Plenty of people rated it one of the best anime of the season and I agree- there is no way id call it super typical junk food anime lol.

If you've read and love the LN you will surely really enjoy the anime. Sure there are some changes and omissions to fit it into a 12 ep anime but I basically thought it perfectly captured the LN as best they could in 12 eps.

And yes part 4 of the LN comes out in 10 days on the 18th :)

p.s Swag- the Isekai element plays a huge pivotal role in the anime/LN even with only mentioned a few times.
Its the whole driving force behind all of Anis's actions and emotions. Events would not have played out remotely the same without the isekai elements. Anis wouldnt make the magicology items. she wouldnt be obssessed with magic and with flying. She wouldnt have stepped down from inheriting the throne. She wouldnt have fallen out with her brother.
She wouldnt have major hangups and guilt towards her mom/parents about really being their daughter and not having magic - (which she would have if she wasnt isekai'd).

So.. yeah lol. All the actions and events are caused by the isekai and she is changing the world due to it too..
So while its not in your face all the time- it IS a fundemental critical part of the story. To say it was irrelevant makes me wonder if you paid any attention at all to it when you watched it.

last edited at Apr 8, 2023 5:57AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Qtwd1fq

Wish i could find the other version of this- we could do with a meme tag

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I just remembered what day it is lol. Thanks for the reminder first thing. Now I know to pay attention!

^^ Not totally true- tho Apr1st scans are often not funny, ive seen some hilarous april fools over the years.
Its hard to do right lol- you gotta be genuinly funny and avoid annoying people.

p.s Remember April fools chapters are often tagged - or another give away is very slap dash editing of speach bubbles,
with naff fonts and alignment, or the japanese txt still visible below etc.

last edited at Apr 1, 2023 3:28AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Koyomania-1639113905921224705-img1

Amazing pic for a great anime :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Naufaldreamer-1638516889986146304-img1

^Lol