Forum › Posts by SushiKnight

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I totally understand why someone would only like reading cute, feel-good kinds of manga. The thing is, if you only care about that sort of story then you already have a massive amount of yuri manga to read, there's hardly any other kind. This presents a problem for people who want different kinds of stories (like me).

And don't get me wrong! I enjoy the charming, sweet, fluff stories too, and I think this is true of many people that want more variety (though I can't speak for anyone but myself). Desiring something else is not mutually exclusive with liking what already exists.

SushiKnight
Liberty discussion 25 May 15:12
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

geeze this girl has issues... & ones that could be heavily softened by acTUALY TALKING TO UR PROSPECTIVE PARTNER...
but like honestly, this started out intriguing what with applying the “manic pixie dream girlfriend” trope to a lesbian pairing, but i’m getting real tired of drama perpetuated, almost entirely, by a lack of communication for vague, unfounded reasons.

Whaaaaattt? Are you telling me there are other ways to keep a story going other than creating unnecessary drama through lack of communication?
Say whaaaat

Yeah, the whole "lack of communication" thing is something I just assume is going to appear at least once in every romance manga. To be fair, they barely know each other, they've met each other... five times if I'm not mistaken, and as far as we've seen they've barely talked, two of those times were basically silence and/or making out with no pretext. Even so, this is what I'd expect from anything in this genre.

Of course I don't mean to say I'm okay with it always happening, far from it. It's only that I keep my expectations pretty low going into these, and for the most part my expectations are met dead-on. It's a shame that Adult Life stories suffer from this trope as often as any other setting.

edit: At least the guitar-earring reaction was explained quickly, albeit not to Honjo. My only hope is that the rest is resolved shortly. Hopefully in the next chapter, but I could see it happening over the next two or three. I'm certainly willing to wait at least that long if the story gets less cliche afterwards. After all, I'd like to love this story.

last edited at May 25, 2018 3:19PM

SushiKnight
Image Comments 25 May 02:26
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Eftynmg

^^every time I see it I read it as the other S&M... It does make for some funny mental images though.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

This was lovely. The pacing was perfect and the romantic bits were just sappy enough for my tastes. :P
Out of all the residents of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, this pairing has to be my favorite, though Patchy x Koakuma is a close second.

(I really hate to nitpick, since the scanlators do this for us expecting nothing in return, but the dialogue could have used another proofreading check. Even so, thank you very much to Natsurei scans for bringing us this doujin. I enjoyed it immensely!)

SushiKnight
Image Comments 18 May 17:59
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Tumblr_nvxx57dckv1txd2ndo1_raw

Nezchan May 13, 2018 6:27PM

Well, now that everyone's in a good mood, let's ruin it with a fic I found about Eli as a fox goddess.

Additional Tags: Angst, Implied Death...

Hmm... (I love Japanese maples though, they're so pretty!)

SushiKnight
Image Comments 18 May 17:49
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
53074111_p2

Someone's hungry for some wet food?

nice

SushiKnight
Dark Widow discussion 18 May 17:26
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

This series is my guilty, guilty, very guilty pleasure. I'm ashamed that I like it as much I do, but I can't help it. It appeals to a certain incredibly shameless part of me. The jokes are often way better than you'd expect out of something so smutty, though.

Also seeing Kratos was unexpected af, but the timing on the gag was perfect. The pop culture references in this are everywhere and the author's skill at imitating the art of the referenced material is impressive, I love it.

last edited at May 18, 2018 5:32PM

SushiKnight
Image Comments 15 May 00:50
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Dgheu3euqaavfq3-orig

She is. That's actually part of her design in the game.

SushiKnight
Image Comments 14 May 16:27
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
[azuki%20osamitsu]%2014811179_p14

That bashful Ran is so dang cute.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

is the swamp chapter worthy of a What the fuck am I reading? tag?
I kinda think it is but it's only 6 pages of the entire thing so I'm not really sure.

edit: Also, seeing what else Kashmir has done makes the whole thing make a whole lot more sense.

If I had known going into it that it was made by the author of Yuri Seijin Naoko-San I wouldn't have been nearly as perplexed!

last edited at May 11, 2018 10:35PM

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I didn't even realize this was a Takemiya Jin work until I saw the art. I'm always happy to see more of her, thanks to the scanlators!

SushiKnight
Image Comments 05 May 19:42
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Bangingmash2

the file names for this and the previous one are literally "bangingmash" which is probably my favorite part of these

SushiKnight
Image Comments 02 May 23:08
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Hearts

I'm having trouble figuring out where those arms are. They sorta look like they're... missing.

Like the artist had trouble figuring out where they'd put the arms and just said "I guess I don't even need to draw them if I imply they're in the other one's clothes...somewhere."

last edited at May 2, 2018 11:10PM

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Wow, was Junji Ito a guest artist for this chapter? What an honor!

edit: Now that I think about it, the art in this manga sort of makes me think of "What would a moe yuri manga look like if it was drawn by Junji Ito?" I don't mean that as "drawn by Junji Ito in the same style as his own work," because it's obviously nothing like that. But let's say he's being held at gunpoint, being told he'll be allowed to live as long as he draws something cute enough. That's the kind of feeling I get, particularly from the linework.

last edited at May 1, 2018 4:43PM

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Just discovered this and I love it. I would be so happy if it went a bit further but it was still a fantastic, low-drama read, something that is sorely needed these days

SushiKnight
Image Comments 25 Apr 22:40
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
En-67107060_p0

These kinds of comfortable, flirtatious romances are just too precious. I wish there were more of it. It's hard to pin that sort of story down in a search too.

last edited at Apr 25, 2018 10:42PM

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Me waiting for the next chapter.

I've seen people use two monitors, but never two mice. What do you use the other one for?

(Also I just discovered this series and it gives me life up until the end of chapter 11, at which point it kills me.)

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I'm starving for more stories about trans or non-binary people that don't treat it as a fetish or call them a "trap," so it's possible that influenced me to read this as Ren being transgender. The pronouns used by the author feel clumsy too, as if they were bordering on calling her a girl, but chose not to. I suppose it could be indecisiveness on what they're "marketing" the story as, general lack of information, or a commitment to making her, as was said in the afterword, a "trap" (I hate that term so much). I can't say for sure what Ren's situation is, but I do have a hard time thinking of her as male, and frankly I was a little surprised that Kazuhiro didn't call her a girl by the end of it. I need to rush off to a dentist appointment now, so I won't be able to elaborate any further.

Also that last page with the older sister on it was very sexy.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Ah, pure fluff like this soothes my soul. Also, is that credits page true? Because if so, that's kinda awesome.

A small bit of searching suggests they've gone on a couple dates. I'm unsure if these were serious dates or more along the lines of hanging out with a friend and refering to that as a date. It'd sure be neat if they were dating though. Also surprising, if they were intending to do so openly.

On topic: I'm not usually a fan of Ruby, I think something about her design rubs me the wrong way, but I enjoyed this a lot. I can't quite place why, but something about the art makes her seem more... mature than usual.
Tooth rotting fluff aside, their relationship and dialogue felt very natural. That might explain the more mature feeling I got, actually.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I really don't understand the censorship in hentai, It seems like all they're required to do is put a black rectangle on most of the clit. Is there some sort of hang-up with showing the clitoris in Japan? Same thing applies to the censorship of penises which seem to just have to cover a bit of the glans. (Basically the same bits, at least in terms of how the genitals develop as a fetus.)

SushiKnight
Image Comments 08 Apr 14:04
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Dv1l2-qv4aee3hn-orig

Spiderman kiss. Also saber's neck looks very uncomfortable.

SushiKnight
Phyis has passed away 07 Apr 00:56
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Though I never had a chance to speak with Ana, I've always been immensely grateful to the members of Yuri Project for their efforts in bringing the people in our community consistently high quality work.

I'm so terribly sorry to hear this news, and I only wish I could offer more than my condolences to her wife, family, and friends.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I was also surprised that the story with cutesy Animal Crossing-esque character designs went s̶t̶r̶a̶i̶g̶h̶t for a sex scene three chapters in.

Of course, what kind of detective story doesn't have a sex scene between the investigator and the mysterious femme fatale, regardless of the style? I'm so glad they went for that

True dat.

I really dig the art style, as was said it feels very Animal Crossing. I'm eagerly awaiting more! Thank you very much for your work Stan et al!

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Oh wow. I didn't think there'd be a sequel. This was as excellent as the first, and I really hope we get even more!

SushiKnight
Image Comments 21 Mar 17:10
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Z

The "Rocky" is 7 yen more though. Oh wait, I read that wrong. That would be... About 3.5 yen. >.>