Forum › Posts by rainbow8

joined Jan 14, 2020

I dunno man, I just can't truck with BDSM. It's so antithetical to my mindset.

Yet here you are, on a site for yuri, antithetical to many other people's mindsets...

My take is like others: most of the pages were real, except for the black-streaked border ones. The only confusing bit is the final page. Are they having a smoke afterward? Hoshi dropped her masks and the clothes might be different. Is it just a title page? Are the flecks of red supposed to be blood from being beaten?

As for the story, it's not a good guide to a health BDSM relationship, but it's not out of the blue assault either. "I'm into pain play, and I was trying to make you angry" is kind of "kiss me you fool".

Anyway, part of the point of fantasy is to filter out the negative consequences of stuff: https://www.egscomics.com/comic/party-070

rainbow8
Yuru Oyako discussion 13 Oct 03:03
joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm no expert on Kant, but the categorical imperative is a useful idea, even if he applied it in odd ways. He was a physicist too and guessed in 1755 how the solar system formed from a rotating solar nebula. He pioneered democratic peace theory, which is impressive considering there were barely any democracies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_peace#The_Kantian_view_and_its_descendants

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanuel_Kant#Early_work lists some of his scientific accomplishments.

OTOH he also helped pioneer scientific racism...

rainbow8
Yuru Oyako discussion 13 Oct 00:48
joined Jan 14, 2020

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

hino-san no shi

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Ok, that manga have now officially thought me something new. I have no idea that "onani" came from a Biblical character. I didn't even know that character existed, much less associating it to a Japanese word.

'onanism' is an English synonym for masturbation.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

I beg to differ with Nakazawa-sensei. I'd say mutual masturbation definitely counts as sex in anything looser than the uptight Christian PIV definition.

If you're masturbating each other, yeah. If you're just masturbating yourselves in a room together, it's more ambiguous.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

This manga is hilarious, but the sad thing is it probably would be useful for some people, because the bad uptight sex ed it's parodying... isn't a parody.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Sometimes final chapters are extra long, like Chapter 108 of FMA.

joined Jan 14, 2020

You've already confessed! How can you be this useless!

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Surprise ending: a 4-way polycule with Reichii and Risako.

rainbow8
Yuru Oyako discussion 01 Oct 22:43
joined Jan 14, 2020

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedobear claims Kuma started out on 2channel and was non-sexual, getting changed into Pedobear by 4chan. So the use here by a Japanese mangaka seems ambiguous, or plausibly deniable?

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

"I like my coffee black, like the night sky, or my romantic prospects."

rainbow8
Yuru Oyako discussion 01 Oct 03:07
joined Jan 14, 2020

CRITICAL HIT

rainbow8
Angel's Toy discussion 30 Sep 23:08
joined Jan 14, 2020

Mob-sensei? Like Mob the queen of the fairy winter court?

The fairy queen is Mab.

I thought I'd read something about how 'mob' here mean she's a character seen in the background or 'mob', whom Negom elevated to importance, but I can't find it, and the series description just calls her an original character. Not sure where the name "MOB sensei" came from, since it's not in the comic itself.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I don't think Mai knows anything, but that it's calling back to https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/asumi_chan_is_interested_in_lesbian_brothels_ch02#14

It's evidence that Mai and Asumi still have similar tastes, not that Mai knows about Asumi and has been prepping Asumi's dates.

joined Jan 14, 2020

So Mai has it figured out? Interesting...

Why do you say that?

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Real people don't spend most of their waking hours painstakingly psychoanalyzing every freakin word and microgesture that comes from someone they care about."

Many real people do, especially when insecure, either due to a relationship not forming yet, or something bad having happened later.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Mind yur' business.

Lol

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all night, try the veal...

joined Jan 14, 2020

Mind yur' business.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

"My sister stole my wife."
"That's rough buddy."

joined Jan 14, 2020

That last panel is totally either yandere or "my heart is crushed" or both. Both her eyes and the wording are flags.

last edited at Sep 28, 2020 8:19PM

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Hah yeah, there's no 'grave' in that sentence. I didn't know about the subtlety of that verb implying returning; if not for that, it sounds like "Now I'm going to meet my mother" which in context definitely sounds suicidal.

Why are they wanting to live together but not as a lover?

Because they really like living together and Kaoru hasn't mentioned any sexual feeings for Uta. People can like living together without sex or romance (and not want to live together even with sex.)

I mean didn't Kaoru just said wanting to live with Uta again because of "love"?

All three core characters love each other, but there are different forms of love.

Hell if it weren't for hard feelings, Reichii could be part of this too, as brother and housemate/friend; he's just not a good husband for Kaoru.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Missing Angel's Secret and Angel's Toy

joined Jan 14, 2020

Or the frog out of the drawer.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Either Pyoko is lying through her teeth or the crows in that neighbourhood are metal as fuck

Crow 1

Crow 2