Forum › Posts by AkinomaHNU

AkinomaHNU
586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018
98301913_p16

Bless. It's so rare to see new art of the OG PreCure couple.

AkinomaHNU
joined Oct 4, 2018
Yatoroku-1523259806970089473-img1

^ Blessed indeed

AkinomaHNU
joined Oct 4, 2018

outstanding shadow puppets

Also, is it the first time the rest of the class is involved in any way in the story? Maybe now they will be teasing them about it, although that would be something of a departure since this series was almost exclusively these two interacting so far, with occasional Omichi cameo that no one liked :P

People still don't like Omichi?

I don't dislike Omichi but, more than anything, I feel awkward every time her name gets mentioned. She and I share the same nickname so I usually just end up screaming "w h y" in my head and proceed to cringe.

joined Oct 4, 2018

As a Virgo... I feel so called out by this

AkinomaHNU
joined Oct 4, 2018

[ ...]
But yeah, we still don't know why 'Anemone'. (And is that flower or sea anemone?)

I think in this case "Anemone" is simply a reference to how Mashiro has a sickly constitution. One of the meanings did point to "illness" and there's also this point:

“the title Anemone is in heat is a direct translation from 'Anemone wa Netsu wo Obiru', which is the original title. At the same time, the mangaka added her own English translation, which is 'The Girl Doesn't Know Her Heat'. We didn't bring up the heat, the mangaka did, and we simply translated it accordingly because changing the title too was not in our best intention.”

That the mangaka themself translated the title to "The Girl Doesn't Know Her Heat" instead of a reference to the other definitions that the flower Anemone has in the flower language

joined Oct 4, 2018

Thank you for the explanation, Random duo.

Is that a common thing for a vtubers? To be honest I don't feel I don't understand much about vtubers at all. I thought they were just regular streamers that use an animated avatar instead of face cam.

They are just like most regular streamers with a 2D/3D avatar and some bonus lore to the character they use.
The voice clips/ voice dramas are more of an optional thing. A good few people do it, while others don't. From what I've seen (which admitably isn't a lot), most not all of those who do it are either big named VTubers or off-brand VTubers

AkinomaHNU
Image Comments 16 Sep 16:11
joined Oct 4, 2018
E_fyf8cvgaeuuud-orig

^ THERE IS!?!?

joined Oct 4, 2018

more twincest ! Yay !
"I don't know how to start a kiss" facepalms I always finds these kind of lines stupid. It's not rocket science to dock two pair of lips together. -.-

You overestimate the abilities of people who are a bit too passive for their own good.

joined Oct 4, 2018

So it's spreading, this must be the gay agenda I've heard so much about.

What are you talking about? This is normal

joined Oct 4, 2018

I know the whole "confessing your love after the chance has passed and they're already dating someone else" trope is popular and makes for some heartwarming moments in fiction and all that, but I don't get it.
Like, try doing that to someone in real life and chances are pretty high they'll either recoil or the situation will just immediately turn awkward as heck. I told my best friend (at the time) that I used to have a crush on her when we first met, and her reaction was like, "oh god, yikes, thank goodness you stopped feeling that way," and then it set in motion the end of our friendship a couple months later.

Right? I was like wtf am I reading. Would people normally react this way? Sometimes it's better to keep things to oneself rather than let it out in the hopes that they feel better lol. "I used to have a crush on you...I used to get off from imagining you and me together...but let's still remain the best of friends ok? Ehe ehe." It's just inappropriate at that point.

Uuuuh depends on what you consider a "normal" reaction, i once got to see such scene btw my best bud and one of his friends (a girl) i was peeking, im not proud of it but meh and it was very pacific, the next day both of them were talking like always, guess it depends on the person, if i were to recieve such confession i would be surprised sure but reaching to the point of saying "yikes" i must say that girl was not a good friend

Hear hear. I agree that there's no standard "normal" reaction for this situation. Hear Sara was obvious a bit in love with Wakana, so even though it has passed, she still adore Wakana, though just as a friend now. Honestly I find the confession pretty well-handled.

Truthfully, I also confessed to my best friend about how I used to like her when we first befriended, and she was also dating a boy at that time (yes, I'm a walking cliché). My bff just like "oh what did you like about me?" and then I proceed to roast her, as a good friend should. We're still best friend 'till now, and nothing awkward happened because of that.

I've also had a bit of experience with confessing to my bff. After making myself really obvious, I told her that I was in love with her and proceeded to tell her honestly that, even though I liked her, I had 0 intentions to woo her nor date her. I'm a person who values friendship over almost anything so she knows that the only reason I told her was just to get it out of my chest.
We're still friends almost a decade later.

joined Oct 4, 2018

I'm gonna go against the grain and say I really didn't like this development, and I really like everything else about this series.

It just feels really... off? when it sounds like the literal only reason Sara and Wakana aren't together is because it's inconvenient because of an existing relationship now - they evidently still both love each other and haven't outgrown those feelings, and Sara literally asking to hold Wakana close, implying it in a lover's sense but following it with Wakana's "this is it and we can never do this again" just drives that feeling in further.

If anything, it all just feels like kind of a forced arc to have an excuse for Yuina and Wakana to get together but I'd rather they have just... gotten together without all this needless angst then. Hell, even if they wanted to do this, I'd rather Sara just literally be straight even because it would feel more natural than this development.

To me, that last hug felt a lot like a goodbye to their old feelings. A proper closure of an old chapter in good terms. So this development is not at all unreasonable.

joined Oct 4, 2018

Thank you for the translations and good luck with Uni!

AkinomaHNU
joined Oct 4, 2018

Three months later? Three months!?

Grumble grumble useless brats.

They're probably less useless than most of us here

AkinomaHNU
joined Oct 4, 2018

What kind of toy actually burns and releases smoke!?

Ones that spew out water vapor when you suck it also exists. They're rechargable too

joined Oct 4, 2018

So, uhhh... I just wanted to mention that the link at the end of chapter 1 to chapter 2 might be broken

joined Oct 4, 2018

One of the thoughts I had after reading this was "The mangaka is definitely a fan of PreCure" specifically Yes! 5 and Yes! 5 GOGO. But instead of a male fairy that can transform, it's a female(?????) plushie that doesn't have a human form.

AkinomaHNU
joined Oct 4, 2018

That author self-insert XD

AkinomaHNU
joined Oct 4, 2018

Jimo Ai! Jimo Ai! Jimo Ai!!

AkinomaHNU
joined Oct 4, 2018

Mary is fucking disgusting and poorly implemented into the story but at this point fuck Nanase, too. Wtf is this dumb "if she was your gf none of this would've happened" shit, lmao. Mary raped Nanase but Nanase was turned into this "go along with everything and think about it later" lame-ass average shoujo babe.

Look at chapter 16 and how she changed from there. She literally shouted that they are lovers and to leave them alone, now she let's herself get fucked in front of her lover and enjoys it, ight. And only after she thinks "this might've been bad and hurt Momo".

This is the weakest "omg realize your feelings everyone" hurr durr bullshit an author has pulled in a long time. No need to force and change every character on a whim to progress. If you suck ass at writing and don't know how to progess just ask to cancel your own series ffs

Momo should just move on to someone else at this point, Nana is trash now.

I agree that Mary is a piece of trash and should not exist at all but...
Please tell me that the word "blackmail" means something to you..
It's one thing to feel physical stimuli and physically react to it and whether you like the situation you're in or not is another separate matter.

Mary managed to take a video of a risque moment that Momo and Nanase are in and threatened them with said video evidence.
Nanase went along with Mary's demands because she doesn't want the video getting spread out into wherever and thus leading into unsavory rumours from the people around them.

You also have to remember that these two are still in highschool. Let alone highschool kids, not even most adults in the West where people are more open and individualistic about things would automatically think "I'll sue you for blackmail!" when being blackmailed.
Considering how important social reputation is for many Asian cultures, you'd naturally want to keep mum about these things.

[ For context as not to downplay the importance of social reputation in many Asian cultures:
You get stuck with it for the rest of your life or untill everyone around you forgets about it (people don't forget that easily).
If you just so happened to be around people very unaccepting of you being different in some way, you're gonna get hounded out for it for a long while. Peer pressure is not a laughing matter. ]

Now, imagine if Nanase did say no to Mary with the mindset of "she won't do it anyway" and Mary actually does post the video. What then?
Nanase might not care about what happens to herself but Momo definitely will care about what people will end up thinking about them.

And don't forget, many unsavory people who have too much time on their hands are loud and active on the internet. If those people happened to find that video and thought it would be a good idea to try something on both of them... Things would go south. Very badly.

AkinomaHNU
joined Oct 4, 2018

Jimo Ai! Jimo Ai! Jimo Ai!

joined Oct 4, 2018

I liked the mini S&M tutorial at the end. It was cute. I wonder if Mira is actually into that stuff, or did she just do research for her own do diligence

She's made a few works that feature BDSM so I wouldn't put it passed Mira to be experienced or at least interested in it. Although it's usually more subtle, Mira does end up showing stuff that people who don't practice/research wouldn't know how to go about in her BDSM works (that I've read).
The best example I can think of is how the Dom in a previous work would constantly check on her
older childhood friend when she (dom) just introduced her(older sub) to rope play and low exhibitionism (?).

AkinomaHNU
joined Oct 4, 2018

I'm already afraid of my own inevitable demise, I don't need this. In fact, I think we should have a tag for stuff like this on the site. As someone who is absolutely terrified of the finality of my own death, and by extension, growing old, I would rather not read stuff like this if I can avoid it.

Contributing to the tag discussion, how about an author tag? Something to note that this author usually writes about heavy, dark, tragedy topics. Sudou Yumi's Please has comments about how the story is depressing af, but including a Depressing as Fuck tag would spoil the story. Having read her other works, I think one should come to read Sudou Yumi expecting surreal, unexpected, tragic elements, just like how one come to read Nagata Kabi expecting relatable, depressing subjects, or come to read Kodama Naoko expecting service-y scenes. Maybe something like "Sudou Yumi, beware!"?

My brain at 4am translated that into
Beware of Author

AkinomaHNU
Image Comments 24 Jul 07:03
joined Oct 4, 2018
91429051_p1

This kind of reminds me of that one DiAkko fic that involved diving into each other's mindscapes (at two different occasions) and they meet multiples with different personalities/ traits of the other person.

joined Oct 4, 2018

Alexa play "Leaving on a Jet Plane".

Plays "[TAKAMORI CONCERT]It's time to say goodbye... Part 1 (Unarchived)" instead

AkinomaHNU
Image Comments 24 Jul 06:48
joined Oct 4, 2018
91413852_p0

^^ considering that thing Iruru did to Kobayashi when they first met (without Tooru around)... I'm pretty sure that it's Tooru that would be riding Kobayashi.

But this is Kobayashi we're talking about. She ain't lettin' it happen

last edited at Jul 24, 2021 6:49AM