Forum › Posts by uncertain

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Really nice, thanks for posting. Can't wait to see more by this author.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

What does that last one reference?

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Any recommendations for ongoing manga / tv / comics / whatever that aren't labeled Yuri / GL but which give a good vibe and seem to be heading in that direction?

I've been reading one named Tsubame Tip Off that I noticed because it's tagged as GL on 'dex. There's no sign of yuri in the 20 chapters (out of at least twice as many) that are so far up in English scanlation, so if the tag is correct, I expect any romance to be secondary to the main sports plot.

uncertain
Ikoku Nikki discussion 09 Mar 15:12
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I laughed most of the way through this chapter with a nagging uncertainty of whether I should be laughing at it. Probably just what the author intended.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Stupid me for initially passing this one over just because I didn't like the art style. I love the natural unexaggerated writing so far.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

This isn't a manga recommendation, but is there such a thing as yuri ASMR? I could use some.

Pls recommend me yuri that you think would make me cry. So far i hv cried here reading ano koro no aoi hoshi and murasakino-sensei’s stuffs

Have you read The Ends of a Dream yet?

last edited at Mar 6, 2022 11:26AM

uncertain
Milktea discussion 05 Mar 12:37
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I guessed the general tenor of it right from the fact that the narration was in the past tense, but it still kept me in suspense.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

ouch

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Looks like you got it right and it's Murata who doesn't know how guitars work.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Creeepy. Some Asumiko Nakamura vibes. I especially like that last page.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Hadn't reread this in a while. It's really one of the best things I ever found here.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

As students graduate and the author runs out of constellations, the dorm fills out with Yuus and Ayakos...

uncertain
True me discussion 20 Feb 10:12
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Can I just say that I love the kouhai's hairstyle? Short fluffy hair like that is supremely cute

I wondered where the old school vibe was coming from, and it was the eighties' haircut.

last edited at Feb 20, 2022 10:13AM

uncertain
Ikoku Nikki discussion 18 Feb 03:35
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

This question is inspired by the new chapter on MD, but isn't a spoiler of any kind--it's just a mistake characters made that happened to come up in two different manga I've read recently.

• Are the Japanese words for "desert" and "dessert" actually that similar?

Native ones no, but dezaato seems to cover both meanings.

uncertain
Yours discussion 15 Feb 16:16
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Tsubomi! The past keeps blasting.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

This isn't a very big thing but... I just noticed that Reading Lists are now in alphabetical order. Is there any chance of getting that back to chronological? The new order no longer really helps find things I can't remember the name of, which is 95% of my searches. I can generally remember roughly how long ago I've read something, so the old ordering was more convenient.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018
Goaway

I clicked on the author to see what other Ticcy content I've missed and.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I looked up chapter 1 of The Bones of an Invisible Person and it looks anything but subdued tbh....

How about Umimachi Diary? That's a quiet chill drama and there's an outstanding live action film adaptation.

last edited at Jan 27, 2022 4:07PM

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Autobiographical best tag

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

^^^^/^ thanks!

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Is there more stuff from Thailand besides In Your Paws and Your Smile?

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Yeah, it's Ai. Just as I suspected.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

"Eat me any time!" uh huh.

uncertain
Ikoku Nikki discussion 15 Jan 14:50
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

"''Talent' is not being able to stop" is a nice way to put it.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

*****/*****

Filing this one up with Men Men Musubi.