Forum › Posts by S31

S31
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

mmm... as of today 700 yen are equivalent to 6-7 USD

How the hell is that a lot a money?

Non-amerifats don't get a lot of money. My allowance back in highschool was equivalent to only 2 US dollars a day. That's already a lot for us kids. We belonged to a family of doctors so we were far from poor but our father wants us to be disciplined with money.
I did get an increase of an equivalent of 56 US dollars a week in college though.

As someone from the United States, my allowance started at $5 a week, and then it was increased to $10 a week at the start of junior high school. When I was old enough to work (16) my allowance was stopped and I haven't received any since.

uh kids in america don't generally get a lot either lol. i got 10$ a MONTH as a kid, and now my 11 yr old also gets the same, while his younger 9 yr old brother gets 5. while i want them to know rewards for their hard work (they have to do chores for that money, it isn't free) i also want them to understand that regardless of whether you get a reward or not, you should still work hard at what you're told to do, and that this is their house also so they need to help maintain it.

Talkin bout allowance, I've lived in Texas my whole life and the only thing I had close to an allowance was my grandma giving us 20$ for Easter every year. That was it.

And we did chores too. We weren't rewarded, it was "good job, you did what we told you to do."

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

This manga is great. Tapping into probably the most shallow and selfish part of being a teenager: judging your friends by who they hang out with.

Kids DO THAT.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

So the girl realizes that her love isn't going to work out, and immediately cuts to basketball?

Reeeeeeal subtle on that one Ogino.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I think we have a different definition of Selfish.

Every wish made in the show, with the exception of Madokas final wish, was a selfish one. That was the point that Kyubey kept trying to hammer in, and why he was so shocked when Madoka broke his "rules".

It doesn't mean that Mami didn't care for her parents, but at the end of the day, she put her needs before theirs. Sayaka wanted Kamijo to be healed, but as (iirc) Kyouko points out, she really wanted him to be grateful. And while Homura did legitimately love Madoka, her constant resets and loops were because of what she wanted for Madoka. At least, it eventually got there.

And believe me, I'm totally fine with Mira's interpretation. I like seeing different viewpoints. And while Homura's desires were selfish at their core, it doesn't make them necessarily toxic or harmful. Just not as healthy as yuri shippers would want to believe.

I don't know, that's what I got from the show.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

It's really weird reading a Madoka story that portrays Homura's (actual Homura's, not AU Homura) love and devotion for Madoka as genuine and supportive instead of obsessive and selfish. Even before rebellion.

S31
Image Comments 23 Jul 09:00
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017
Oraora

^ It's Yumi. Pretty much all of Homura's team know that she likes Asuka more than she lets on, but Yumi is the one to say "you guys are gay right?"

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

"Whenever I get a free moment, memories come rushing back"

Damn, didn't realize Maki was actually me

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I'm really appreciating the legs on this one

Also, dark skin tag? Or not quite?

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

This is... weird. I just now read both chapters.

There's a really weird mean spirited aura surrounding this manga, but once you know that, it's not a bad thing necessarily. It makes for an interesting story at least. I genuinely don't know what's going to happen next. And I'm excited to see if the author manages to write a good relationship around these two.

S31
Image Comments 19 Jul 23:57
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017
Oraora

Senran Kagura games tend to vary in quality, but Burst Renewal coming out this fall looks like it might be one of the best games I'll ever play

It looks so damn good.

S31
Earth Girls discussion 14 Jul 00:49
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

So is it Io or Lo? Cause I've always said Io.

S31
Citrus discussion 17 Jun 22:18
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Will you look at that! Something happened! Actual developments took place! Didn't think Saburouta had it in her anymore.

I kid, I kid, but this was a lot better than a lot of the more recent chapters. And it looks promising to go into the next.

S31
Image Comments 09 Jun 11:50
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017
Officialgay

Oh what's that I don't know it smells like

C A N O N B O Y S

S31
onayami discussion 06 Jun 09:37
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Still waiting on some kind of doujin featuring Risa. The girl was this close to sexing Momo, how has she not gotten more attention from the yuri community?

S31
Killing Me! discussion 06 Jun 09:33
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I see two possibilities

Either the title lives up to its name and we get bad ending, or another story where mom doesn't like the fact that her daughter fell in love with a G̶i̶r̶l̶ vampire and needs convincing.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

The writing on Kyubey here is spot on. Never quite lying, but never quite telling the truth either. I need more wingman Kyubey

S31
Candy Moon discussion 05 Jun 07:49
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

This has always been a problem with Mira stories for me. She writes a lot of characters that clearly aren't ready for sex, and need to approach it slower. That could make for some interesting stories on how to work around that, but she never does, and it always comes across as uncomfortable.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I guess if you don't mind something morbid like this it's fine, but this hit way too close to home for me.

Don't do a violence, y'all

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

As someone that has had experience with bullying on several fronts...

This was real fucked up.
Like, that ending is reeeeeeeeally fucked up. I don't like this at all.

Bullies getting what they deserve is fucked up because?

Because any kind of retaliation to bullying proves that the bullies got to you, which is only going to incur more, if not from this girl than from someone else. Not only that, but violence tends to lose you any sympathy with authority figures.

This ending is the exact WRONG thing to do against bullying. Not to mention the characters suddenly snap and pull a 180. I really hate seeing a story like this promoting shit like this

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

As someone that has had experience with bullying on several fronts...

This was real fucked up.
Like, that ending is reeeeeeeeally fucked up. I don't like this at all.

S31
Image Comments 17 May 21:53
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017
Woah

Ova coming soon!!

S31
Image Comments 17 May 21:52
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017
Ddmpsv_v0aaxlxx-orig

From what I read of Watamote (and this was a while ago) it's Bojack Horseman levels of depressing. The main character iirc is fine with being bisexual as a way to try and find anyone to care about her.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Going all the way on a first date? Lemme pour one out for You, the childhood friend who not only won the game but hit a grand slam! You go girl!

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

This feels like the first time we ever got something "new" from this sequel series. The last two chapters were flashbacks, but this one is moving forward with new ideas, scenarios and conflicts.

I'm excited to see more!

S31
Image Comments 03 Apr 11:10
Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017
Dye5iwwu0autlcl

I was worried from the thumbnail that it would be Hululu.

Glad to see her relationship is still pure