Forum › Posts by Fipse

Fipse
Roid discussion 05 Sep 04:54
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I have read enough SciFi to see where this leads to. Abuse your robots like that and you will end up as a battery to them.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Sounds Hella ominous I hope it's not abusive parents or a guardian abusing her :c

Not letting your child outside and apparently trying to control them as adults as well definitely is abuse.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Every reader right now.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Ah yes Pope. A wise decision to threaten your badass daughter and potentially turn her into an enemy.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Are we really still having characters thinking girls only get together in girls schools and those relationships stop after they graduate in the year of our lord 2020, I want to put a bullet in the brain of the class S genre

But generally relationship start from highschool doesn't hold up during college years. They may even broken up and find comfort at other women :v. This isn't really a class S piece by any stretch.

Well the main girl thinks it would be boys once they go to a mixed school. So yes that is a bit of a lame trope.

Fipse
Mousou Envy discussion 04 Aug 04:55
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Well to be fair, senpai did seem to have enjoyed the sex and was in fact quite happy the next morning.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Isn't this almost all X's fault anyway for saying Honey was fired?

She isn't exactly the smartest villain.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I gotta say the Admirals have an interesting approach. Treating your shipgirls like that is just inviting a rebellion.

Fipse
Image Comments 21 Jul 08:47
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013
81786280_p0

Yes because Dragon Maid and Chu2 had no yuri at all!

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Normally I would be pretty mad if they broke up but if it was a clean breakup like in the doujin and them staying friends (and winggirls) I think i would be all right with it.

Fipse
Image Comments 30 Jun 15:46
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013
81822660_p0

I thought the LN did not end yet?

Fipse
Image Comments 30 Jun 07:24
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013
81822660_p0

I just do not trust it ending in yuri.

Fipse
Citrus + discussion 22 Jun 15:59
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Creepy hairstyles aside, that whole "protected from the outside world" is such a fucking creepy concept. No wonder half the students have such emotional problems.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Isn't there a 'Molestation' tag or something to that effect? I think that may be more accurate but it's kind of up for interpretation because there's only half a page detailing what happened.

Isn't "Molestation" usually more of a positive term here? I mean quite a lot of yuri stories where the main girl gets "molested" by another girl and likes it.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

The place also features extensively in Amanchu. Hopefully this manga will turn out to be a more yuri-friendly than that one.

Well it is Yuri Hime...

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Did...did they mix beer with milk?

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I know this one is on dynasty. It is about two childhood friends who meet again and each thought the other was a guy. They still decide to date.
I am not find it even after hours of search!

Fipse
Citrus discussion 25 Dec 18:57
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I reread this one over Christmas and...I am still mad nobody punched grandpa into the face and told him to not fuck up his granddaughters life.

Fipse
Fuwari discussion 21 Dec 06:47
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Best character is her friend who seems to be so tired of her shit.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I hope somebody gets punched in the face next chapter.

Fipse
PafuPafu discussion 16 Dec 08:41
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

IT kind of feels inspired by it based on character design and theme.

I am convinced she got inspired by that manga. The similarities are just too strong.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Those parents sure are something. Telling their adult daughter to be home at 8.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I've heard similar theories before. Mostly that branding wise women as witches and heretics is the catholic church's way of limiting women's power in society. although the part about it being a capitalist and nationalist sceme, is new to me.

Problem is that witch hunts were afaik more prominent in protestant societies. And they were never that big and bad. Yes women died but it was not like a Continent wide frenzy and plan to limit womens rights.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Hm...I like the art and the characters are cute, but the story seems a bit pointless to me. Why take revenge if the people who burned witches lived hundreds of years ago?

According to some feminist scholars, the European witch hunts were a symptom and a manifestation of the new capitalist and nationalist societal order's drive to re-subjugate women and to confine them to the homemaker role that was viewed by this new order as necessary to support the man as bread-winner. (Of course, history showed that this idea fell apart as soon as the demands of the growing industry forced women (and children) to work alongside men, but even then, they were still expected to pull a double shift at work and as homemakers.) Anyway, this subjugation was carried out using terror tactics, such as public executions of the most educated and thus powerful women of society, referred as "wise women" or "witches", and when they ran out of those, they continued with random girls until European women were effectively beaten into silence and submission (for a while, at least).

With this in mind, it would be interesting to see if the "revenge" the teachers speak of in this manga is actually aimed at upending the modern nation-states and the global capitalist elite, both of whom ended up profiting the most from witch-burning. The fact that the witches' surreptitious survival is explicitly linked to them entering the service of future nation states gives me some hope, but then again, I don't really expect a Japanese manga artist to express a radical left agenda in a story about magical lesbians.

The theory sounds like a very...creative interpretation of history.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

This is highly OOC...there is no way the White Demon would not hunt down any girl who tried to cling to her Fate!