Forum › Posts by Ranzo

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Boys talking to Yamada makes Kase-san RILLY nervous. So her reaction to the celebrity gardener is within that context.

Duh. A fifty-year-old father of 8 as a potential rival to Kase-san tips over from humorous insecurity into humorous total paranoia.

And there is not enough nothing in the universe to measure how little I worry about Yamada taking up with a guy. Any guy. In any universe.

Hey, he's not just any guy he's a master of cross fertilization. You know what that means.

Ranzo
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

The equivalent of 37 dollars an hour? Damn I hope I can start making that much someday

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

When I saw that old lady I was like wouldn't it be cool if she was the object of affection and then low and behold.
Sweet.

Ranzo
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

When did Bloom into You get suddenly worse?

Ranzo
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Well, we still have Nettaigyo wa as the standard bearer for best dads. Though, he might be just a older brother.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Look I'm sure Cthulhu really wants them to just have sex already like everyone else.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Comments here seem to be divided between “so bad it’s good” and “so bad it sucks.”

I’m OK now and then with weird, over-the-top, and not-our-moral universe, but for me this one doesn’t come close to making it, mostly for the reasons others have said: it’s all over the place in lots of different ways—tone, pacing, basic things about how the world works—pretty much everything.

Every time I think I might care about anything in the story, something happens to show me I was wrong.

I think its worse problem is that it is just plain boring, it felt like I was sleep walking through that last chapter. The characters just aren't interesting in the slightest. I could care less about what happens to any of them.

last edited at Aug 6, 2018 5:51PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I remember at the start of chapter 6 I was like oh boy school nurse that isn't a huge piece of shit, boy those were a fun few pages weren't they?

The art is giving me some Kakegurui vibes except it is much worse.

Ranzo
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I find it fun to comb back through a lot of the previous comments just to see what everyone had to say about it while it was being freshly released and how wrong most people were concerning the story.

Ranzo
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

So, the real mystery is who the hell opens a convenience store next to a cemetery? Twice?

People need snacks while they grieve. Or cigarettes. Or cheap black umbrellas, because if there's anything I've learned from watching movies, it's that every funeral takes place in the rain, and everyone has identical black umbrellas.

But if it really is a marketing bonanza you say it is then why did the first one close down? Did people just decide to stop dying? I guess they could have also charged too much for those damn umbrellas.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

So that damn childhood friend redeemed herself a little. I still think they are largely cancerous and shouldn't be trusted.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Oh that hyper girl really looks like Wanko from Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai

Ranzo
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

So, the real mystery is who the hell opens a convenience store next to a cemetery? Twice?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I'm anticipating that a peck on the cheek will soon materialize into being, that or they have a hardcore make out session.

Come on not a lizard don't fail me now!

last edited at Aug 4, 2018 11:30AM

Ranzo
1 x ½ discussion 04 Aug 11:24
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Every time I see Mapo Tofu I think of immediately think of Octave

Every time I see Mapo Tofu, I think of Fate/Stay Night

Oh yeahhhh that was what he was eating! Man, it has been a long time since I finished Heaven's Feel.

Ranzo
1 x ½ discussion 04 Aug 04:56
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Every time I see Mapo Tofu I think of immediately think of Octave

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Okay, so now it's I dream of Konatsu Chan, this shit is getting mad gay dog.

Ranzo
Pieta discussion 03 Aug 17:33
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Wow, this is the first time I've read this and man did I really need it. I've needed something like this with that kind of realism.

Ranzo
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

That hits like a steam train

Ranzo
Citrus discussion 28 Jul 17:45
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Here is my rant about Citrus
I dunno I like Mei but there is a lot about her character that I feel is lacking. Mei deserved a lot more scenes fleshing out her personality and motivations than what we were given. She is written too much like those inscrutable dark haired beauties of yuri yore and it really detracts from her character.
For example, look at Raven from Teen Titans. When she is first introduced she seems like just a moody goth girl. She is mysterious and leaves you wanting more. However, as the series progresses she is given so much development over time that when her arch ends you feel like you truly understand her and empathize with her. At the end of her arch she is a dramatically different character than how she was first introduced. What a shame it would have been if she had merely remained the brooding, moody character she was introduced as. I feel that way about Mei, it seems like a shame. Do I still like her? Yeah because I am always drawn to that type of character, but I cant help feeling like something is still missing. That is frustrating.
Okay so another aspect of the story that hardly has a mention is Mei's family and the obligation that she carries. There are a precious few scenes devoted to that and it is virtually forgotten until much later. That is why it feels weird when it suddenly rears its ugly head again. Mei's willingness to seemingly throw Yuzu under the bus wouldn't have felt like such a betrayal for a lot of people if there had been more effort into explaining why she had felt cornered into that situation. More scenes with Mei's grandfather and father would really helped as well. What was the catalyst that made Mei's father turn from his obligation and leave Mei behind? Also maybe Mei's mother? She is such a non entity that Mei might as well as have come from a test tube.

Ranzo
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

"The worst stab wound is the one to the heart. Sure, most people survive it, but the heart is never quite the same. There's always a scar, which I guess, is meant to remind you that even for a little while, someone made your heart beat faster. And that's a scar you can live with, proudly. All the days of your life." Augustus Hill

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Man, what a viscous left hook

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This is just the thing to read at 4 o'clock in the morning

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Ranzo
I Love You discussion 25 Jul 04:10
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

So this is like some weird adaptation of Puff the Magic Dragon right? I liked it.