Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

As fun as this stuff is, it mostly makes me want to see proper Reisen x Youmu yuri instead of "Sanae ruins everything" comedies. But alas.

That's what I'm talking about. Sanae starting to get on my nerves

Like nosebleed Alice, I can handle youkai-torturing Sanae in small doses, but any more than that is way too much. But beyond that, I just think Reisen and Youmu make a surprising amount of sense as a couple, and I want to see more of it being played straight, there's not enough of it.

Nezchan Moderator
Go For It discussion 10 Dec 07:19
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's funny, I really didn't get much of a romantic feel for Reimu x Sanae until the very end (of the main story, not the silly extra). But when I did get it, it really clicked.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

As fun as this stuff is, it mostly makes me want to see proper Reisen x Youmu yuri instead of "Sanae ruins everything" comedies. But alas.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm all about romance, and especially ones where the character get together early in the story and develop their shared relationship for the rest of the plot. Sadly, those are rare.

As to what sort of story beyond that, I'd say pretty much anything is fine depending on how well written it is. I don't like futanari, for instance, but I love Happy Cherry and Celtrance's Lucky Star doujins are pretty good. Rape isn't something I want, but Though The Wind Cries makes it work in service of the plot. I prefer longer series over one-shots, but we all know how many awesome one-shots there are on the reader. So it depends heavily on execution for me.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Banned the usual person and cleaned up the thread.

Thank you for the valuable service you provide. I always appreciate good mods.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh yeah, Sumi's gonna put a ring on it. Just a formality for those two, but hell yes.

Also, Kana-chan naked....*faints*

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Reading this again slowly, savouring each page, I was struck by the top of page 22 in Chapter 2. It's amazing how I never noticed just how in love Yukiko looks there, I think the first time I read it (without knowing what was coming) I took it as her being sly. Which I assume Komachi also assumed. But in retrospect, I'm seeing a real, deep affection.

Funny how we see those things in a new light, eh?

Nezchan Moderator
Dream Drops discussion 08 Dec 09:50
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I adore this one. The pacing is great, the panel layout is creative but not confusing, the writing is pretty tight, and I like how she underlines how loving a girl doesn't mean you're like a guy.

It's interesting though, how "I'm so embarrassed" became a sort of ritual phrase in yuri manga, you see it a lot around the same period. It's that weird Japanese link between sexuality and embarrassment, to the point where the embarrassment itself is fetishized. So authors like Chi-Ran can simply use that and the readers already know that there's sex happening.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 08 Dec 08:47
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Being happy is not allowed in the official anime. This, well it's pure happiness. Too alien for that world.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 07 Dec 22:45
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Nikomaki2

Oh yeah, that's the same artist who did that Reimu x Marisa Xmas doujin. She really does cute yuri well.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I have read all the Mai Hime doujins on the reader many times and I have never read that one. I can safely conclude that it ain't here.

That said, it sounds awesome.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What is cross-dressing?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cross-dressing+definition

Hope that helps.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You can add Love My Life to that as well, given the story starts when she's about to introduce her lover to her dad, and they only grow into each other from there. You can also add the Touhou doujin MariAli, since they get together about a third of the way in or so. Similarly, Santa Sangre, an excellent Nanoha doujin, starts with the two of them already in a relationship.

I totally share your frustration with stories that END with the girls getting together, especially in light of how much good storytelling can come after that point. I think in part it's due to the very short nature of yuri, most publishers don't seem to want to devote much space to developing stories. Stuff like Sweet Blue Flowers or Sasameki Koto, that take more than two volumes, are pretty rare, and one-shots are the norm. So there's not much space for the kind of character development we both want to see.

I don't mind romances that cover the early part of a romance, up to where it's a sure thing. But that's hardly ALL I want out of yuri.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh dammit, now I've gotta to re-read Gokujo Drops again. And it's ALL YOUR FAULT!

i hop you're happy.

instead, it's YOUR fault that i have also to reread it....

Dammit guys !!!!!!

Damn now I have to read it

just read it dammit (≧m≦)

Well then, now I must reread... EVERYTHING BY THE MANGAKA!

Yeah? Well I'm gonna do that too! But I'll do it BETTER!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kanana is so insensitive lol. All good things must come to an end ,unfortunately it ends so quickly

It's sad that yuri tends to end SO quickly though. We don't get the 10-15 volume epics that het mangas do (and among het that's not even considered all that epic) other than rarities like Marmite. Heck, I'm happy just to see two volumes worth out of a good yuri, like Hanjuku Joshi, Gokujo Drops or Fragments of Love.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Come to think of it, this is sort of a rarity in yuri manga, isn't it? The story of a pair of characters (and the various relationships around them) who are in love and the actual story is about them falling more deeply in love and having their shared experiences. There aren't very many I can think of like that, really. The second volume of Hanjuku Joshi, maybe, or Love My Life, but there aren't too many others.

I do think there's a bit more of that in doujins, but even there the focus is really about the girls getting together in the first place.

Nezchan Moderator
Love Ride 2 discussion 05 Dec 22:22
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

is there a next chapter that is coming up?

Given that this is part 2 of a two-part story that was released five years ago, I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, I want a mini-series just for Mishima, she rocks.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Re: Chapters 13-15

This series just keeps getting BETTER! And not just a little better. a lot better. How is that even possible when it was amazing to start with? The Kogumi/Hayase kiss (on-screen, no less!) in chapter 13, the cuddling and emotion in 14, and to top it off, Kana seriously falling in love in 15, my poor heart can't take it!

Totally worth the wait, and then some.

Oh, and mental note. Never, ever, EVER mess with Hayase's girlfriend. It ain't healthy.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh man, I'm glad to see a return to day-to-day life chapters, although the event reports were fun. The whole thing with Haru-chan made me grin a lot. =D

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 03 Dec 15:54
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ack, I think I just go the gag.

First panel, she's actually got a wheel of camambert, so that's the setup.
Second panel, Sayaka has blue hair, therefore blue cheese.
Third panel, Mami is white and squishy, so mozzarella.
Last panel, it's string cheese, which I believe is a gag about the two of them being flat-chested/stringy. Which confuses Madoka and pisses Homura off.

Nezchan Moderator
After Life discussion 02 Dec 19:35
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

why the nsfw tag?

Because of the nudity when she takes a shower. It's not much, but you still probably wouldn't want to get caught looking at it at work, hence the tag. NSFW doesn't always equal sex you know.

As opposed to the ecchi tag, where it's for tittilation rather than just incidental nudity.

Nezchan Moderator
Suck Way discussion 02 Dec 18:45
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

SOFTCHARM! Lolis <3

I'm not the only one to read this comment, am I? It just seems wrong. Also, lolicon manga is wrong. And lolicon anime. And lolicon sketches.

And lolicon frescoes. And lolicon epic poetry. And lolicon tile mosaics. It's all WRONG, I tell you!

Nezchan Moderator
Parenting discussion 02 Dec 16:48
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Very feminine. Not very familiar. What I mean is who writes a story without a setting? But it is a good story undeniably. And having a child is a life thing that a woman necessarily knows.

Did you mean a think that a woman DOESN'T necessarily know? I mean, there are tonnes of women who don't have kids, and a good number of them don't even want 'em.

Nezchan Moderator
Sweet Box discussion 02 Dec 16:43
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ugg I hate people who judge the whole series just by some dojinshi, at least watch the damn thing then decide if its "dope" or not imo its an awesome series that everyone should watch

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dope&defid=1248970

In case you haven't heard English slang since the mid-90's.