Forum › Posts by Koveras

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Think Fukami, why would you listen to some secondhand gossip when the woman in question is so overly doting on her “friend”. Believe what you see, not what you hear

But it’s two girls—how is that even possible?

That is true, with two girls all you can say is "Is there someone you like? I'll support you!"

Then when the one you would love if you weren't both girls finally agrees to get a boyfriend, you go looking for Truck-kun to start over. I've done my reading!

Truck-kun can also help you when your family forces you into an arranged marriage, but you'd rather stay with your girlfriend for life.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

For the record, Wanko is 22 at the start of the series. In other words, she has just consigned herself and Sakuma to 7 to 8 years of celibacy for the purpose of entertaining weirdos and potential stalkers. I do not know how that can be seen as a positive development.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

i'm confused which girl she likes,Yoroizuka or Kurumi??

Both. She became interested in Yoroizuka because she was impervious to her charm, but ended up fantasizing about having sex with her. Kurumi, meanwhile, is exactly the type of girl she usually goes after. Therefore, she like both, one as an exemplar of everything she likes in her lovers and the other despite her being the absolute opposite of what she usually likes.

last edited at Oct 3, 2021 10:34AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, she'll think she's dating a teacher there I bet.

She may rationalize it that way eventually, but her gut is clearly telling her that Kase is gayer than a rainbow unicorn.

Roommate x rival side couple?

I'd ship that.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Wait is she heartbroken because she can’t have Kurumi or because she can have Yoroizuka? The way it’s presented seems a little unclear

I'd say it's both, isn't it?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I never knew she could make that sort of expression.
Or that I could suffer heartbreak without even falling in love.

Darn if that isn't poetic.

last edited at Oct 2, 2021 4:17PM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

You know guys, I have a suspicion. The hints are really subtle, so I'm not certain, but putting the pieces together I've come to an earthshaking conclusion.

...I think Zanka might really like Maid x Mistress yuri.

Holy cow. That changes everything!

Koveras
SHY discussion 30 Sep 04:59
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Just another wholesome filler chapter. :-) I hope the mood whiplash when the next long arc starts won't be too harsh...

Isekai averted.

OK, that's the final straw. I am starting to compile a list of chapters featuring Truck-kun and will suggest the tag once I have 5-10 examples.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It reminds me a little of The Feelings We All Must Endure in that way (as a side note, who came up with that English title? It has nothing to do with the Japanese title at all).

The scanlators. They literally explain it in the first chapter's credits.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I must be the only human who hasn’t seen Frozen.

Not unless you deny my humanity. :D I am assuming the others here are referring to "the cold never bothered me" quote, since AFAIK Frozen has a lady with some kind of cold-based powers.

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 2:00PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Also, I do not think that it will be a proletarian uprising, since the setting does not really sound like it's undergoing an industrial revolution to form a substantial industrial working class. Instead, considering the time period it seems to emulate (late 18th century), the revolution of the title will likely be led by the bourgeois middle class (which are called "commoners" in the story). Hence why I used the term "guillotine" and not, say, "chekas". :-)

Bear in mind that the writers of the games upon which this story is based and the author of the novel have a fuzzy understanding of the whats and whys of Westerner revolutions.

I am pretty sure that even in the West, most authors and general audiences are pretty fuzzy about whats and whys of our own history. :-)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Rei out here making extra money...for Claire?? Is she foreshadowing something?? Either way, Claire was so f##king cute this chapter!

Not having read the original novel, my impression is that Rei is covertly putting down layer upon layer of safety nets for Claire to survive once the commoners inevitably rise up and start guillotining the nobles left and right.

Considering the setting is supposed to parallel a romance game about three princes, I'd be kind of surprised if there's a proletariat uprising.

The game is called "Revolution"

That, plus all the heavy foreshadowing about the commoners enjoying far fewer rights and privileges than hereditary nobility, is what makes me think of a popular uprising. Also, I do not think that it will be a proletarian uprising, since the setting does not really sound like it's undergoing an industrial revolution to form a substantial industrial working class. Instead, considering the time period it seems to emulate (late 18th century), the revolution of the title will likely be led by the bourgeois middle class (which are called "commoners" in the story). Hence why I used the term "guillotine" and not, say, "chekas". :-)

last edited at Sep 28, 2021 7:43AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

At this point, I am startig to wonder whether Toda has been taken advantage of because of her disability and sexually abused as a child. I am not sure how else an 18-year-old would be able to depict rape so vividly and life-like as to make a person puke.

I was never sexually abused and I did the same when I was her age. I think it's more that Tanaka has little stomach for the characters she's very attached to.

That may be it. :-)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Fairly uneventful chapter after the last one. I'm feeling pretty impatient to see how toda and tanaka working and living arrangement are going to go since there was some tension last time.

They seem to be giving each other space to sort out their thoughts and feeling. But eventually, Toda will have to open up about what's eating at her...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Rei out here making extra money...for Claire?? Is she foreshadowing something?? Either way, Claire was so f##king cute this chapter!

Not having read the original novel, my impression is that Rei is covertly putting down layer upon layer of safety nets for Claire to survive once the commoners inevitably rise up and start guillotining the nobles left and right.

last edited at Sep 26, 2021 6:58AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

At this point, I am startig to wonder whether Toda has been taken advantage of because of her disability and sexually abused as a child. I am not sure how else an 18-year-old would be able to depict rape so vividly and life-like as to make a person puke.

last edited at Sep 24, 2021 3:43AM

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Demon Minister is the best consort, hands down... if she had only not disqualified herself by limiting the selection to humans. :-/ Other than that, I get a feeling that the Maid will also turn out to be some kind of princess and win in the end.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Where can I buy this Death Striking? I want to run around with an aquarium strapped to my chest.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yup, Azul still best (magical) girl.

Koveras
Hitwomen discussion 18 Sep 11:48
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This is the shortest "be gay, do crime" series I've read. Though I guess it's not crime if the government orders you to do it?

Ladies is it gay to be roommates

Fixed it in accordance with the most recent Dynasty trends.

last edited at Sep 18, 2021 11:48AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

to be fair, fictional characters are infinitely less complex than real people. Jungian archetypes is a fairly common framework for writers to use when developing characters and such.

That's why I only use it to discuss fictional characters. When @Giftnova "wagered" that I am somehow applying it to "actual living ppl", they were putting words into my mouth to create a pretext for expressing their own negative feelings about the theory. :-)

And I stand by my assessment that Yorozuika is written to be an INTJ.

last edited at Sep 17, 2021 6:18AM

Koveras
SHY discussion 14 Sep 07:09
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

In this chapter: Just Teru being a (super)hero again. :-)

last edited at Sep 14, 2021 7:10AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Suspects there's somebody in the room. Doesn't check the most obvious hiding place. Ok.

And then talks to himself in an empty room, announcing that he's taking a breather :P

Hears a strange noise, looks around for three seconds, "Ah, it must have been the wind."

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yoroizuka is a classical INTJ (in Myers-Briggs typology): efficient, brutally honest, and bad at interpersonal relations and assessing others' feelings. Her intro scene is a perfect picture of an INTJ at work: she points out her colleague's mistake, loses interest in her immediately, takes over her work and completes it in 1/10th of the time, before her other colleague is done lecturing her -- which she also has zero interest in. The other example is her complete nonchalance to her GF sneaking into her house: she walked in, saw her standing there, immediately figured out what happened, and lost any interest in the situation. From personal experience, I can tell that 90% of her brain power was still engaged with work at that point. Only when her GF proposed the lap pillow did she mentally switch to the here and now because it was a completely new experience for her. Still, a control freak like all INTJs, she completely ignored the possibility of receiving a lap pillow and instead immediately offered her GF one, remaining firmly in control of the situation.

tl;dr Dating INTJs is a heavy risk... but the priiize.

"-Please go out with me."
"-Hell no. ¿Dating a minor? That's crime, don't ever approach me with that idea again"

A year later

"Please go out with me."
"Yeah sure"

Maybe she came of age in that year? Just guessing.

last edited at Sep 9, 2021 6:44AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Surely the most logical plan.

Indeed, if derived from the axioms of the horny teenager logic (HTL).

last edited at Sep 8, 2021 4:58PM