Forum › Posts by majere

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Please don't tell me I was the only one who tried to breathe through my nose while sticking my tongue out before the next page.

I-I did it too.

Seriously, we share your pain Honoka.

majere
Boyfriend discussion 10 Apr 19:43
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I like how time-skip showed that they stayed together; Really dispelled the notion that it was just a temporary fad.

Also there's no need to be irritated by Risa, she was supposed to be a confused little girl.

Oh I'm not condemning Risa, she's like 14-15 I don't expect her to have an in depth grasp of gender politics. I'm just saying that her stance was awkward and kinda uncomfortable for me not that she's like a bad person for holding it. She's a kid in a society that's pretty heavy on gender normative and heternormative values it's pretty unsurprising for her to have a kinda skewed perspective especially considering the dynamics of same sex relationships is hardly likely to be something she has any knowledge of.

majere
Boyfriend discussion 10 Apr 19:12
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This bugs me for some reason. Maybe it was how Risa made it Yuuko's fault about dressing up as a boy, even though she said to do it and blames her for being boy-like.

Or maybe something else I can't pinpoint. I don't know, but Risa kind of pisses me off.

It was definitely super gender normative which left a kinda bad taste in my mouth. Like Risa buys into traditional gender roles incredibly hard to the point she can't even perceive a tomboy as a girl and it's just a bit bizarre.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

With all the new chapters I decided to read again from beginning.
For giggles I composed a list of all the smooches.

Full kisses:
6.7 - Michiru x Airi
14.7 - Mahimahi
60.5 - Ayano x Miyoshi

One sided kisses:
19.6 - Mahimahi
23.6 - Nononon x Yumimi
37.11- Ai x Chie
39.12 - Alicia x Honoka
46.7 - Kaoru x Hibiki
49.10 Ai x Chie

Apparently about page 7 is the sweet spot for kissing.

You are my hero.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Wow, Honoka sticking out her tongue was criminally cute.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

It's a reasonably pervy series, in fairness.

Granted. Especially the earlier chapters.

Really it's like the more romantic it gets the less ecchi it is, which is a trend I wholeheartedly approve of.

majere
New Game discussion 09 Apr 05:39
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I would absolutely buy a game with that aesthetic.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Well, I've found the only character in this manga I just straight up dislike entirely. Like I guess cheating isn't enough for Kaoru she also has to be emotionally manipulative.

Also, Chie and Ai are pretty much dating in all but name now (and possibly even in name).

last edited at Apr 9, 2016 4:17AM

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

this is such a funny feel-good manga, with occasional hard feels that hit you right in the gut too, a good balance of love and friendship, bless. :')

And it generally moves pretty gracefully between more serious tones and more light-hearted ones. Like, I've never gotten the feel of mood whiplash from it like I've gotten from some other series.

majere
Sweet Room discussion 07 Apr 05:39
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I think Honoka is really there on her own free will, the collar is on her leg, it doesn't require a key, she could use her hands to unlesh herself if she wanted to. It's a creepy play though -_-

Yeah that leg restraint literally has the same mechanism as a belt she could take it off whenever she wanted. This seems like just irresponsible D/S play rather than abduction and Stockholm Syndrome.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

A happy moment for Onoda. She really has made friends. It gives me hope for her development in the future! And it made me smile.

I was really worried about her after her last chapter I'm glad she hasn't let her bitterness consume her completely.

Also, I'm in love with this current rate of updates.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

But I wanted Honoka to blush a little watching Elisha's underwear fully exposed, it was like not a big deal when she had real yaoi right beside her

Yeah, I was a smidge disappointed by her complete lack of reaction to Elisha wearing nothing but Santa lingerie.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

It's really nice to see Honoka not consumed by anxiety and just unreservedly being herself.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Honoka is seriously fortunate that Elisha is incapable of subtlety it's hard to convince yourself someone hates you when their every interaction with you is on roughly the same tier as "dog that hasn't seen you for a week."

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Hehe, I've been waiting for this one. I think everyone here could do with a little more relaxation and trust in Torajirou to end up with a cohesive story and satisfying characters in good time. Not every single chapter has to be scrutinized for offenses or deficiencies, especially when we all know we're only halfway through the current published material.

Yeah, I've gotta admit when I started this series I was definitely expecting one of those "yuri" series where it's almost entirely just playful flirting and subtext I am super pleasantly surprised with the way it's turning out. I'm really enjoying the diversity of the pairings too.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Really, most bitter and emotionally stunted introverts could benefit from being yanked bodily out of their comfort zone by an extrovert and a lot of them secretly wish they would be which is why the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope exists.

Yes. Although most of the other introverts, the non-bitter, non-emotionally-stunted ones that you were not talking about, could not benefit from such and indeed would likely be traumatized by it. And for that matter, there's an anti-trope to that which is less common in fiction because it makes less flashy scenes (although we do see it), in which extroverts with loud but empty, meaningless lives benefit from being pulled out of their comfort zone by thoughtful introverts.
I don't wanna suggest you were implying any such thing, but there is a tendency out there for introversion to be treated as a problem just in and of itself and I don't think that's a valid or healthy approach.

Yeah I specified poorly adjusted introverts because a well adjusted introvert has by definition already expanded their boundaries sufficiently for them to be able to function perfectly happily socially. It's people like Honoka and Onada who are eaten up by insecurity and envy who need a kick in the pants from an outside element to help them realize that no, the entire human race isn't out to get them and other people are just as complex as they are.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

"I want to do dirty stuff together with you while you scold me"

The dream.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I don't think I've read a single chapter starring Nao and not cringed slightly.

Nao's like, this intensely exhibitionist, thrillseeker and overly the top version of Ayame 14
Like her character design's cute, but I'm not exactly sure what the point of her character is, besides giving us a glimpse at a "young girl's sexual curiosity". Like yes, ofc girls take an interest in sex and similar topics around this age, but meh, the way hers is... shown. Idk, it's just so not legit, idk how else to put this

Every Nao chapter inevitably results in me going "Daaaaaaaamn, girl needs to get a partner stat she is seriously pent up."

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Does anybody remember if has happened before? Iirc, this is the first time

Not the same exact thing, but before she started to be friends with Miyoshi, Chie, etc. she was shown thinking they're just noisy and careless/dumb, which is a judgment she has and will continue to revise as she gets to know them.

Oh yes, there is that. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to have curbed her habit of making nasty snap judgements about people. Hopefully she's about to get an arc of character development.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Does anybody remember if has happened before? Iirc, this is the first time

I'm gonna reread today so I'll keep an eye out for any similar situations with Onada and get back to you on how they panned out.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I think she really needs someone else to help change - but I've not seen much evidence anyone is gonna do that atm unless I'm forgetting stuff.

I don't have a good idea of who is who / hangs out with who, or what they are like really - because the chapters are often far apart and its been coming out for so long.. I really need to sit down and read through it all in one go to get handle on everyone and their relationships and developments.

I agree with you, I feel like Onoda will need to develop a relationship on a more intimate level with a single person, to encourage her to grow/change her mentality on other people. Like the way Honoka was alone but then had Elisha burst into her life/personal space. At the same time that Elisha was friendly, you also see that it was unfortunately not a kindness that Honoka was used to.
The girl with the fluffy hair, Nanasawa, I'd be interested in seeing more of her/to see her befriend Onoda tbh, she seems sweet.

Really, most bitter and emotionally stunted introverts could benefit from being yanked bodily out of their comfort zone by an extrovert and a lot of them secretly wish they would be which is why the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope exists.

My concern is that Onada will lash out at anyone who tries to reach out to her (especially Nanasawa) and they won't have Elisha's impenetrable shield of a language barrier combined with just being a giant ball of sunshine and it will break my heart.

last edited at Apr 3, 2016 6:40AM

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Onoda is not a great person. Like, I get that she's consumed with anxiety and jealousy but jeez girl maybe try to be a bit less vindictive?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Not to derail the thread (anymore than they usually get derailed, anyways), but how was Zootopia? I've heard it was surprisingly good, but what do people think?

It was pretty dang amazing.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Its literally a manga of just gals being pals. Its wonderful.

omg no
pls
isn't the expression gal being pals itself a sarcastic joke

Really in this manga it varies between "hahaha just gals being pals" and straight up just gals being pals depending on the characters involved.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Wow, I wasn't expecting something heavy like that from this series but I'm definitely glad it's there.