Forum › Posts by Kiena

joined May 20, 2013

......this had nothing to do with twitter :(

Not the social media service, nope. But "twitter" existed before that as a word for a kind of sound, you know.

Waiting for a kid to be of age to start dating them is still illegal and the person in question still a pedo.

Hey what ? How waiting for her to in age to date legally is illegal ? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Like I said, grooming. Look it up.

Get over yourself and pull that stick out of your ass. Grooming involves actively shaping the child's psychological development, not simply waiting for them to grow out of being a minor while interacting with them more or less no differently than any regular acquaintance/neighbor.

This may not be too interesting, but I still felt like writing about my thoughts and conclusion regarding this, after reading the manga and these comments:

• The concept of grooming was completely new to me. I'm not well-versed in such matters, what remotely affects me is how some people try to mix in pedophilia in their opposition to LGBTQ+ matters. Slippery slope and so on.
  • I went to look up the description, etc.
  • After reading about it, I was still of the opinion that the actions depicted in the story still did not match the (basic?) definition of grooming, if Riku really waits until Otome becomes 18, i.e. 8 more years. My understanding was for it to be grooming, the gained trust and access to the child had to be turned into abuse, which wasn't the case here. It made the impression that Riku has been making responsible choices, given the large age difference.
  • Thinking more about it, and getting over the story's wholesome atmosphere, certain things, like listening to Otome peeing, the lap hugs, the staying over without the parents worrying, started popping up as ways Riku, a working adult, is abusing the relationships she established with Otome and her family. Sleeping in the same bed or taking a bath together would've just made it an even more glaring example of grooming.
  • After that realization, I got to the conclusion that establishing the depicted relationship, with or without the vows, was a fundamental mistake. It has to be hidden from the parents not because of their gender, but because it's obviously problematic, and more importantly, it shapes the decisions Otome makes while growing up.

The truly responsible thing for Riku would've been not to make that "future lovers" promise, or to call it off as soon as she thinks it over. Whether Otome dates someone else before she becomes 18, or keeps being in love with Riku and waiting, should be completely up to Otome. Riku could have told her back then that she might be interested when Otome becomes 18, kept the right distance, and by waiting she could keep taking the risk that Otome may choose someone else in the meantime, on her own, without establishing a relationship that is more committed than it isn't.
I could write more about why that would be more wholesome and healthy in even more ways for both of them, but it is long enough already. Thanks if you've read it.

TL;DR
After learning about grooming and thinking about its implications, this manga lowered my tolerance towards such concepts, even in fiction, which is probably the opposite of the author's intention...

joined May 20, 2013

Nothing is known about Midori's circumstances yet, but even if her actions were motivated all along by outside forces not having been shown at this point, she keeps majorly messing up her communication with Momo and causing damage... If the reason for hiding Midori's true love being Momo is just to fuel drama, I'll most likely hate this.

With nothing else to the author's name, I feel that I don't need one more of a plot like this. I'll try ignoring it until it finishes, and if there won't be a whole happy crowd telling it was worth the ride, it may be the first manga going into the bin, like that other "dumb piece of paper" should have been.

Still, plenty of thanks to the scanlators, I may just not enjoy this particular story.

joined May 20, 2013

Creepy. Especially the part with the cream.

joined May 20, 2013

Nice.

joined May 20, 2013

Why is there so much confusion about what happened when?

• Kindergarten: their first kiss & Maya's trauma
  • Elementary school: avoidance & arguing (Yuina cutting her hair)
  • Middle school: Maya helping Yuina getting into the same high school
  • High school: present (they are 17)
joined May 20, 2013

If the title were true (without chapter 0) this would be very depressing. After reading chapter 0 the whole thing became very weird, and maybe almost just as sad, though. The plot seems to be that Maya can't understand anything about love after the kindergarten trauma and repressing her feelings completely for Yuina during elementary school. Or she just refuses to understand and keeps a straight face because the girl she loves is not "gross/weird/etc." Still quite depressing... Here's hoping they'll have a very happy future as they overcome this and that will make it a nice read moving forward.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

And hey, who else was a bit afraid that the senpai was going to end in the "harem" too ?

They just barely met. I still think she will. (They are the same age, though, so she isn't her senpai.)

joined May 20, 2013

So this unicorn wants her to be a virgin but also wants to eat her?

Unicorn, you can't have your cake and eat it too!

She can have lesbian sex and still remain a virgin.

Attributing virginity based on one's physical condition isn't a very healthy thing...

joined May 20, 2013

Congrats.

Kiena
Their Story discussion 04 Oct 19:13
joined May 20, 2013

When was the next time we saw Mo—upset or not—after the 10/01/2018 Update?

Hi, we've tagged all of Mo's posts so you can browse.
https://yaoi-blcd.tumblr.com/tagged/mo-xiaonan

We have tags for all the other recurring characters as well.

Thank you! The answer is chapter 168.

Kiena
Their Story discussion 03 Oct 04:41
joined May 20, 2013

Ok. I've missed this this series for a long damn time. Can someone tell me, what happened to the pink-hair girl arc?

It looks like Mo Xaionan's plot threadd was dropped in mid-gallop, so what we know at this point is just:

Mo begged SJ not to go meet QT,

SunJing was visibly bummed the next time she saw Qiu Tong, but got over it as soon as she saw her bae.

Mo was visibly upset with Sun Jing the next time we saw her.

All signs point to "she confessed, was shot down, and is now hurting over it." But the plot just kind of jumped tracks to Sun Jing and Qiu Tong dating and being flirty, possibly because the author needed the WAFF injection to deal with an oppressive government. (Or maybe as a fuck you to her publisher, who apparently wouldn't publish her book because it was explicitly romantic?)

When was the next time we saw Mo—upset or not—after the 10/01/2018 Update?

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 4:44AM

Kiena
Image Comments 01 Oct 10:47
joined May 20, 2013
Cwvvu7kuuaa0lxa-orig

Miku: Um, Hibiki... There was something I've always wanted to tell you.
Hibiki: Yeah, me too.
Miku taken aback
Hibiki: I hope what I want to tell you is the same thing you want to tell me.
Fade out
Title
Fade in
Miku: So we both are in love with your father, Hibiki!

(Otherwise why did he even have scenes in this season? Plus Hibiki was only able to win with his help. It was so jarring.)

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 10:49AM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

sharing a house with friends but you add love and sex in the mix so is not exactly against the law

Sorry for the tangent, but it's just an actual topic that in some countries that is punished by prison, and unfortunately there is at least one trying to pass a law for it now...

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

In my opinion the negative reactions are more severe than this ending deserves. It isn't perfect, for several reasons, though as others said, there are so many endings far worse than this. I hope to see the next work of this author soon. So far they were always quirky with fairly satisfying endings. Having room for improvement isn't a bad thing, either, in my book.

Kiena
Image Comments 17 Sep 08:40
joined May 20, 2013
Cmh84utueaepqr2-orig

They say "friend" so often in this season that I already forefeel my utter disappointment. Then I'll just remember it by my alternative title forever: "Family (but Mostly Father) Issues: The Series With Transformations, Singing, and Yuri-Baiting"

Kiena
Koukotsu discussion 10 Sep 18:47
joined May 20, 2013

This had just been getting worse and worse, then suddenly it became awesome... kind of. An interesting break from waiting for a non-flashback 1 x ½ chapter.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

The power foundation typo is very funny, though for some reason it makes me sad she dyed her hair.

joined May 20, 2013

@Admins: The chapters are out of order.

Edit: It's been fixed. Thanks!

Using "next/prev Ch." chapter 1 is followed by chapter 3, and chapter 2 comes after chapter 5.

last edited at Aug 24, 2019 5:26PM

Kiena
Blue Friend discussion 02 Aug 22:30
joined May 20, 2013

The chapter-only tags are off (4→5, 5→6).

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Ugh... rape

For real? Making a move is not rape. She had the opportunity to vocalize her non-consent, or to physically resist, but chose to go with it. She was not restrained, and nothing was against her will. Sure it was somewhat sudden, and a little more warning would have been more appropriate, but no crimes were committed here.

I agree with that it was only another uncharacteristically insensitive act. Rin trusted Hanayo the whole time. She only voiced her confusion and reacted to the pain, but didn't try to stop whatever Hanayo was doing. It not being rape doesn't mean anyone should take it as an example to be followed, though.

Kiena
Image Comments 20 May 09:25
joined May 20, 2013
D1sn6tuuyaaq_0f-orig

It's a shame how sexist this game is. To me that makes it over-appreciated.

joined May 20, 2013

Thanks for the tag update and for letting it be hosted on Dynasty. Even if there is no romance (yet), it's funny so far, and it probably will be as long as it won't have too much angst. (Some of the readers would be fine with the angst, too.)

I noticed another change in the tags, but the non-webcomic series isn't always a 4-koma (besides the expanded stories and more characters, that's the main difference, it seems). Blushing could be in its place, because it applies to this one, too. Or Blushing could just be added, because some parts are still in 1-column 4-koma format, while big parts have all kinds and number of panels. I'm not sure whether 4-koma should stay or not...

last edited at May 17, 2019 4:47AM

joined May 20, 2013

Is there any basis for the Romance tag?

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Chapter 21, page 8: "bu"
I guess it wanted to be "but," but that doesn't seem necessary in the sentence.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Chapter 19, page 7: "no where" → "nowhere"

Even if that slipped in, it's nice that new chapters are released so frequently.