Forum › Posts by valence

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Not usually one to complain here, but I’m getting a bit tired of effectively the same joke beïng used constantly every single chapter (that Kokeshi is horny). That said I’m already nearly 50 chapters into this so this complaint seems a bit laughable :V

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I knew that.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

No fucking way. she’s actually starting a harem of elementary school girls

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Honestly I’m actually satisfied, I really liked the ending. To me at least, the story isn’t about their relationship, it’s about the CEO’s loneliness, so once that’s resolved there’s no reason to continue on a tangent.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

is that… a gay smile I see?

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Kurumi’s facial expressions were just on point this chapter

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

This is getting frustrating. When will Mai show up???

I think you're reading the wrong manga.

Mai is the Macguffin. "Searching for Mai" is the thin connective tissue for a whole bunch of hot sex, which is what the series is actually about. Mai showing up ends all the fun.

hey, it’s not just about the sex, I read it for the plot at least :V

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I'm not arguing that he doesn't have a crush, I'm arguing putting a male character in a position like that with a female character is seen as inherently an invitation to romance in a way that having another woman wouldn't. And yes, there are certainly people who will do otherwise and ship female characters together, but that's an individual impulse rather than what I'd say is a general cultural thing. There's also some obvious context bias here, since this is a website where most of the stories are yuri so of course you're going to get more readers who want to see women get together.

Fair point. My experiënce of fandoms is just this site and AO3 so obviously super-biased, I can’t say much about more general cultural themes.

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

How is Kaoru siscon?

Chapter 40 page 9

heck, I've seen people pairing off male and female characters who literally just look at each other

I’m sorry, but this happens wayyy more with gay relationships (at least in the circles I am familiar with).

Shou starts working for Ayame and shows the barest hint of consideration beyond professional: "He's totally got a crush on her."

??? In literally the second chapter he features in it’s explicitly stated that it was “love at first sight”, and this is repeated several times throughout the chapter. I don’t see how it could be more explicit. To me, this chapter reads as an equivalent of Matsuri’s chapter 82, although you would have a much stronger for Matsuri’s romantic attraction before then.

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Hi, I'm new here. How do I get updates from this manga when a new chapter releases?

Add it to your “Subscribed” list, you should get update emails (and check spam, sometimes they go there). Also, welcome to Dynasty! :D

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Wish Akira was chosen as the heroine on Satsuki's side though

They said this was after chapter 7 and I don’t think Akira was around back then

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Wow I love this series, it’s just endlessly creätive. It’s a bit sad that Shimeji always looks depressed though.

valence
Harmony discussion 06 Aug 08:13
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

This series is pretty good actually. It just disturbs me a bit when I remember he’s 14.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Eh, I really don’t think it matters. Even if you’re goïng to include it under your definition of incest (which I personally wouldn’t), it’s just not problematic in any way. They don’t run into the usual genetic issues with incest, and they didn’t grow up together so it’s not like they’re breaking any social barriers either (i.e. they’re not overriding the natural inhibitions most people have in place to not be attracted to their siblings). So I see no problem with it, they’re sisters in name only and name is just not relevant.

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Ooh I’m glad we get to see more exploration of Yuu’s character, I’d been wanting that.

Just to keep hate-flirting with Onii-san?

Worth it lol. Those two had better be endgame

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

This “third jealous character tries to trick the MC” trope is pretty tired. At least her character design is really good, definitely my favourite of the series so far.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Fcuk off mini Kaori.

but she’s so cuuuuuuute

but does that ever really happen? It seems like one of these notions that superficially looks like it could make some sense but is pretty much nonexistent.

Personal experiënce says definitely not, but also…n = 1. They would have to be very (IMO unusally so) close siblings

last edited at Aug 2, 2022 3:53AM

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

This feels like cresting the top of a roller coaster. We haven't dropped yet, but I know we will.

That’s a perfect description. Just for the fun of it, I’ll try and enumerate the ways in which it could go:

• Ascension end: Haruki finishes the diary and gets closure, Sakura peacefully ascends
  • SeaBed end: Sakura is just a hallucination by Haruki, but she gets closure either way
  • Impostor end: Sakura turns out to be some kind of spirit who managed to steal Sakura’s memories
  • Supernatural end: Haruki has powers to creäte illusions and unintentionally creäted a false Sakura
  • Sciënce end: She turns out to be a test subject for some necromancy experiment

Most of these seem quite unlikely, but I’ll be pleased if I can predict it lol

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Love triangle?

I feel like there has to be at least some balance for it to be a love triangle. Otherwise it’s just an endgame and an annoying character.

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Does anyone else love this manga so much that they check every day to see if they have uploaded another episode? I do! xD

I just check the full Dynasty front page every day, I read like half the series on there anyway :P

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 6:22PM

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Is this the first time this manga about books has actually named and and talked about specific book? Usually they just like, refer passively to the existence of books rather than reference ones from the real world.

What's with all the Smell stuff lately?

Well, this one’s just coïncidence — this series is old. The only other thing with Smell lately has been that one fetish series, but that’s not really a lot.

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 6:19PM

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Ah, the classic jealous younger sister trope. No better way to amplify the angst :P

valence
Matazoro. discussion 01 Aug 17:48
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I was beginning to wonder when the yuri was going to show up but it looks like a certain someone has a mysterious girl in her past~

yyyyup. I really hope they follow up on that soon and don’t drag it out for like 50 chapters.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

did she…just name a dragon Sphynx? That’s an interesting choice, like naming a dog “cat” or something. I wonder if they have actual sphynxes in this world.

last edited at Aug 1, 2022 5:38PM

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

that will be a breath of fresh air

Are there really that many annoying male characters in this genre? The majority of male characters I can think of are generally supportive, the only exceptions off the top of my head is that on guy from Bright and Cheery Amnesia. I mean, obviously I’d prefer it this way but I wouldn’t say it’s not the norm anyway.