Forum › Posts by Masina

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

How hard for Makino to go visit Maron-tan. She knows where she lives. Also, she can simply tell Maron that the teacher told her she is in bad shape, so she just want to check on her.

Maron had lots of things going for her. I think Makino deserves to be in Maron's life. Teacher=student, Prostitute=client. Only Makino and Rina knows her secret. So Makino should go even just for the sake to be there before Rina gets the news and head over.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Finally! I have been waiting for this for a long time!!! They have conversation at the store as they now know each other. Mitzuki no longer completely covers herself anymore! Maybe she does not need to take off her piercing while at school.

Masina
Citrus + discussion 19 Nov 23:52
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Is this in reference to the chapter that has not yet been posted here?

Crap, Mea Culpa. I keep thinking chaosteam and dynasty-scans are the same. And since chaosteam has already finished this chapter and posted, i thought it was ok because usually they automatically upload.
Mine is just a commentary, I am not going to write in such a way that I will be kicked out again, for good. The post can be referred to the new chapter, but honestly it can also be just the past two chapters about Kana and Manami. If you can read my comment and figure out the new chapter..you must have ESP.

last edited at Nov 19, 2022 11:55PM

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 19 Nov 21:05
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I find it odd that Al has an accident. I would say she has done a calculated risk analysis.
I wonder who the murderer is, Read those panels again and you should be able to figure it out.
Shades of Interview with a Vampire: Turning a kid is a no no.
Blood-letting was still there all the way to the 18th century.

Georgia, oh Georgia...Georgia on my mind.
The chapter hurts so much. Aria really loves Al.
Just by reading up to here in chapter 42, I begin to understand why Aria wants to die. How does it feel to adopt a child, raises her up, loves her unconditionally, and then she becomes a mass murderer. The guilt will be overwhelming.
The only person who can understand that is Khara. She saved Shadi because she felt Shadi is just like her, around the same age, and Khara has been lonely ever since being turned.
Even though it is a different kind of love, Ichika is Aria's second chance and second love.
Aria did nothing wrong, whatever Al did, it was her own idea.
I bet Aria is a war orphan too.

Aria's King is correct. Al-kamil is too young to handle and control herself. Just like Aria, but in her case, she is 9 when turned, Think about it, she is a 2nd grader. When the environment changes by the 11th century, the adults can handle it without breaking any laws. Al cannot. She cannot handle the hunger. she does not understand the rules. Aria thought that Al being smart would be able to handle it. Just like a wild animal, she would do anything, including killing, to get her blood as opposed to wait it out. It is not about being smart. It is about mental strength. It would make no difference whether she is 1000 year old, or 2000, her body and brains are still belonged to a 9 years old. Its like telling a child not to eat all the Pokies at once. Being smart only makes her wanting it more. She will clean out the cabinet, and pretends nothing has happened.

last edited at Nov 25, 2022 4:49AM

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 19 Nov 20:33
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

So how old is Aria exactly? I thought at some point she said she was born a few hundred years ago. Maybe I'm misremembering.

This page says 4000
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/vampeerz_ch38#26

First of all, always remember that the manga time is 2019. So all calculations are based on 2019.
Here are my calculations, birth year, turning year.

Aria 2028-2004 BCE (Middle chronology) or 1964 to1940 BCE*
Maoa 1119**, ?***, met Aria 1890s
Arthur c1450?****, 1471
Khara 1707, 1725
Shadi Kermani 1819?, 1837*****
Jirou 1874, 1895
Sakuya 1902 1923
Al-Kamil Gika 1, 10******

Ichika 2005

• There is no specific date. This is just calculations by archeologists. ** Refused to give a specific date, thus my approximation *** Refused to talk about it. **** Mercenaries usually were still teenagers in medieval times. ***** Turned twice. First into a Lilu by Khara, then into a crow by Aria. ****** Estimation.

last edited at Nov 19, 2022 8:37PM

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 19 Nov 14:05
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Anyway, one month away is like pouring cold water on my head to clear my mind.

I wonder if Show uses the Wikipedia often. There are places and time in history that unless his entire house is full of world history books, there is no way he can come up with so much information. The information is very obscure, much more than most of the vampire stuff. I do know he has a large library that is quite eccentric, from reading his blog. But that could have been books he bought while he was working on Implicity or some other LoliEro manga. Modern day mangakas must be thankful that they do not need to buy expensive books or constantly borrow books from the library to create the plots. Of course, he DID go overboard by tracing. Prism is always, always, our loss, as in "what might have been".
Oh, after reading this chapter, I cannot keep a Ray Charles song off my mind.
I got my issue on the 15th/16th. I was shocked how early this anthology coming out for this issue. It was out BEFORE Yurihime, that was a first for me. They are always one day behind Yurihime.

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 18 Oct 16:23
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

First...
Al-kamil is absolutely evil. She kind of has the same ability to Aria, but unlike Aria, she uses her talents for evil purposes.She has absolutely no problem from killing individuals personally as opposed to using her assistants.
Anyway, this is bad, really really bad. Off all the "people" in the group, it looks like Ichika will be "in charge" as Aria looks completely defeated after talking to Al-Kamil. The final dialogue Ichika says to Aria "あなた を 愛してるから 過去も 受け止める" I love you so accept the past. and then the final page is Ichika asking Aria to teach her about everything (教え...), especially the relationship between Aria and Al-Kamil.
There is one extremely important sub plot so go enjoy it when you get your raw, or scanlation.

last edited at Oct 19, 2022 11:14AM by OrangePekoe

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Well, that's all folks. To be honest I do sigh of relief. I have never read a Yuri that its plot is so slow..and boring. I don't even know what the mangaka is thinking other than the final panel (fin). Where is sora's mom, especially during the Hokkiado trip?

So it takes the second of the last chapters for these two to come out....while Wakana essentially outed herself and her gf.
I have high hopes for this manga, now it seems it is just a time waster with the plot going nowhere...

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Second!
One is an air head, one is trash, one is a stalker. Now only Yuki can stop the train wreck, at least try to save her best friend. Although I do prefer to have a train wreck. NTR is so fun as long as you limit your fantasy to 2D.

last edited at Oct 18, 2022 2:31AM

Masina
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Enough, I hate the character designs. The story is always too much drama. I give up.What a waste of time.

Masina
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I like the plot of this manga. But I really dislike the drawing style, it makes everything worse. The characatting in this are not just not cute. I would be puking if they were real persons.

Masina
Marionette discussion 05 Oct 21:48
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

The sister is the stereotypical Takemiya Jin's anti-heroine. You can feel her coldness and ability to manipulate. Also, another Takemiya Jin's trait is a character will have a big grin (not laugh, not cry) or big smile while she is scheming things, especially things that are very nasty.

The fact that the sister was not given a name said a lot.

I love Takemiya Jin, her shorter work (such as doujin) are masterpieces. No need to write a 14 volumes manga because in 14 pages she usually already set up plot lines and characters. Having her (wife, spouse, partner.. fill in whatever word is there) who also draws the small and boring stuff means she can crank it up her production in high speed.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Motokura = Rina right? But if that is the case, how can Rina and Makinon NOT recognized each other?

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Paging Kathy Bates, Paging Kathy Bates....

Masina
Citrus + discussion 30 Sep 07:36
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

There will be no Citrus+ in the upcoming October issue. I hope her book is worth it..

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

OK, I am at this point chapter 9.2. I think I have never read a Yuri that is so fuc*ed up as this one. OMG. It even managed to trigger me, which is extremely rare for me. The drawing is good, but the story is absolutely top notch. This is an incredible dark manga. How Mei Fujimatsu came up the three characters like that. I have no clue. In any case, Sena has at the very least *clinical depression", we do not know if she is bipolar or not...
I do love this manga, and I would consider it as my top 5. on-going manga,

last edited at Oct 2, 2022 5:22AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

well, it finally was scalated. Thank you.

Masina
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Kudos to the mangaka. The two main characters have control of their guns; then leave the trigger finger OUTSIDE of the trigger guard. That is the way you have your gun in possession but make sure a simple little bump the gun will not misfire. If it does fire, dissemble the weapon and look for broken parts, or if you do not feel comfortable, then let a gun smith figure it out and have it repaired.
Oh, My work is gun related. Just because we learn this sequence all the time, people still make mistake.

Oh, if you by chance being able to go to a range, remember one thing: If you see your classmates drop her gun or her rounds (bullets) are all over the place' don't wait. GTFO. Talk to the trainers as soon as possible because guns are serious issues, and both you and your trainer will go to the office telling what happened. Usually at this point the manager will be very very respectful and very very polite The more normal case would be send that person home and tell the person come back a week later. The more serious case, such as horse pay, would be an automatic lifetime ban at the range.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Thank you. Now I have some basic translation to read and understand better from the raw.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Chinese scanlation actually is up to date at 12th.

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 25 Sep 21:42
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Toy with whom? (Al-kamil to Ichika.). It may have been Al-kamil trying to gaslight ichika, besides, she has been gaslighted once already by the occultist.

last edited at Sep 25, 2022 9:48PM

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 23 Sep 23:31
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I guess we have to wait to find out how Al-Kamil found out where Ichika is.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

After re-reading it, I finally noticed that the two of them wear an identical matching ring on their left ring finger at the final chapter, after living together for one year. If anything, I could have been sweetened to death.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

^This.

GTFO if you think this manga is "garbage." Why don't you stop reading "garbage," you freaking trash human beings that don't have emotional depth or sympathy?

Seriously, why are you reading it if you don't like it? You must be trash if you continue to read something that you think is trash. Get a life.

Anyway... I've contributed to the fanbox 2 months, and just bought the first volume of this in English. It's a very important series to me. God bless this author.

If she reads the initial 5 or 6 chapters and can already figure out what is coming and hence garbage..is very different from someone never did read the manga yet consider it garbage.

I read the manga from day one, and I am still following. It is angst but also very very psychological. Right now I consider it as the most difficult manga on-going in Yurihime. My guess is that it will be slightly better than I love cruddy. Tragedy, especially from Yurihime, is extreme rare.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Sora's mom is not that horrible at all, otherwise she would never let Sora stay in the house while mom herself flew to Hokkaido. Instead of paying the tuition for Sora, I think she wants to delay in selling the house because she has no idea what will happen. So having the old house just in case of divorce makes sense.
Also I find this potentially funny: Sora went to Hokkaido, and Ayaka tag along.

There is no doubt in mom's mind that Sora and Ayaka is a couple,