Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

I think Ayako have lost something

It's not her hand - it's a hair dryer.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 29 Oct 20:42
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Face it guys, Chapter 14 is just an illusion. A false hope create by Taiyaki. We will not escape Chapter 13's curse.

I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining this:
https://fantia.jp/posts/227812

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 16 Oct 12:59
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

I think Ayako pretty much deduced that Jun wasn't the one Asuka used to go out with.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch10#17

Because Jun is a good boy?

Yes and because of that she believes that he would have told her if he and Asuka started dating (or "practising").

last edited at Oct 16, 2019 1:06PM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 15 Oct 15:00
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Come to think of it, IIRC, this last misunderstanding had never been properly dispelled...

I think Ayako pretty much deduced that Jun wasn't the one Asuka used to go out with.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch10#17

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 12 Oct 08:52
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Tropes: quick list of the most conspicuous ones. This is just off the top of my hat; an exhaustive search will certainly reveal lots more.

Parental Incest of course
Incest Yay Shipping both readers & some of the cast cheer for Asuka
Childhood Friends Asuka, Rui, Jun
Patient Childhood Love Interest Jun
Dude, She's a Lesbian Jun finds this out, eventually
Lipstick Lesbian A few of the girls (even Akira at times; other times she's chapstick)
Age-Gap Romance Ayako and Asuka's dad
Strong Family Resemblance Asuka looks like her dad
Parental Substitute Akira to Asuka, for a while
Has Two Mommies consequence of the above
Clingy Jealous Girl Asuka as a child (and, in many ways, as a teen too)
Even the Girls Want Her Akira, female Casanova
Ladykiller in Love Akira
Jerk with a Heart of Gold Akira
Girl-on-Girl Is Hot every yuri scene
Not What It Looks Like Ayako sees Asuka doing stuff - and misunderstands
Cool Big Sis Miyuki
Schoolgirl Lesbians Miyuki x Asuka
Lipstick Mark actually a hickey, but same thing
Your Cheating Heart Miyuki, in Asuka's eyes, after seeing the hickey

Wow, you are right! That certainly was informative, thank you!

But now that I think about your interpretation of that Akira and Ayako dialogue it makes even less sense: Asuka recently confessed, Ayako see that she is pretty serious, decided not to reject her and even try to "satisfy" her with kisses, now Akira just reappeared and Ayako telling her - "I'm fine with having sex with you"?

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 12 Oct 00:02
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

A very interesting perspective that's for sure. I'm for one never would've guessed that someone could interpret Akira/Ayako relationship like that.

Akira said she wanted oyakodon, that is, fuck Ayako and Asuka together. Ayako said "Don't ever look at Asuka in that way." Then, in a 3d panel, she added: "I don't really mind if it's me, though." What is she referring to, the "look" from 1 panel before or the "fuck" from 2 panels before?

But If Ayako and Akira already used to be in casual sexual relationship wasn’t mentioning that Ayako was okay with it completely excessive? And also why Akira so surprised by that line then?

I can give you a list of tropes from TVtropes that can be found here, if you want.

Please do. I'm genuinely interested in knowing.

last edited at Oct 12, 2019 12:06AM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 11 Oct 22:16
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

And for Akira... the woman saying stuff like here
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch08#25 doesn't look like someone who could have a casual intimacy with the person she is referring to in that line.

Except for this:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch07#13

That was going to be just a completely innocent kiss I'm absolutely sure!
Seriously though I think Akira just slipped that one time. Like Asuka in the end of chapter 5.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 11 Oct 18:35
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Remember, Asuka had finally confessed, and Ayako had accepted her feelings (more or less) and agreed to have romantic kisses and share a bed with Asuka. Things were looking good... and then, at the very last page of a chapter, Akira appeared for the first time: she was at the airport, freshly arrived to the city, and was calling Ayako to say: 'Hey, darling, I'm back in town. I'm going to your place. I'll be staying with you. I love you.'

Nope, that was actually Akira staying at their house which caused them to share a bed again which led to "a talk" between them which led to their kissing agreement. So Akira propelled their relationship rather than delaying them.

That's how the "ex who returns" always appears for the first time. Always when things are going well for the MC couple. Always a dramatic appearance in the last page of a chapter, where she reveals she's back to rekindle the old affair. It's like a law of manga or something, hehe.

This manga showed quite a few times already that it's not following usual tropes. Or rather I think Taiyki enjoying trolling readers with promises of such tropes only to gloriously avert them.

(Like that scene where Ayako, knife in hand, tells Akira that it's ok to fuck her since Ayako is used to it and doesn't mind, but she better keep her cotton-picking hands off Asuka!)

Nope, Ayako said that Akira can LOOK at her in such a way, not FUCK her because she is used to this.
Personally I don't think Ayako is a kind of woman to just casually have sex with her friend/sister-in-love. If she had that kind of relationship with Akira she would treat it seriously. And for Akira... the woman saying stuff like here
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch08#25 doesn't look like someone who could have a casual intimacy with the person she is referring to in that line.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 11 Oct 14:45
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

But Ayako has less experience with girls than Asuka? Since the later at least went about... half the way? And I'm positive that Ayako let Asuka lead anyway (at least for their first few times) so she could be absolutely sure that she is not forcing Asuka to do something she doesn't want to.

last edited at Oct 11, 2019 2:49PM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 10 Oct 00:15
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

any status update on when the next chapter will be up? :(

It's in QC right now. Should be about 24 hours (give or take) before it would be released here. And the next chapter according to Taiyaki's twitter going to be released around October 11th.

last edited at Oct 10, 2019 12:21AM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 25 Sep 18:58
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

A pre-emptive message before release of chapter 13-6 to avoid confusion: the speech bubble on page 3 was also empty in the original (I have no idea if it was on purpose or mistake though).

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 01 Sep 16:20
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

I really love this Manga but if Blackmailing is coming i dropp it. I hate Blackmailing, Rape etc. If this is coming now i drop it

Considering that Taiyaki repeatedly trolled us with that one a few times already I seriously doubt it. More importantly, Asuka and Miyuki on a relatively good terms in the present, so that definitely not going to be the case. I hope.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 01 Sep 15:53
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Komi028:

Could be, Miyuki in the present time (no flashback) seems to know Asuka likes her mom, she probably started saying "Mom" when they were making out and suddenly Miyuki stopped.

Props to Komi028 for a dead-on call here.

I’ve seen worse-executed examples of “Exposition and/as Foreplay” than this one. . .

The stupid thing about this situation is it's a HUGE LEAP to assume why she was even accidentally calling out her moms name. In any other situation, I would assume she's nervously calling out her mom's name like a young person might do in a particularly tense situation seeking some kind of help, instead of actually thinking of doing dirty things with her mom.

She didn't cry "mom, help", but "wait, mom" though.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 01 Sep 15:46
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Is Miyuki gonna pull the "that's disgusting card"?

She looks rather even more turned on by the revelation to me.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 01 Sep 15:31
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

The current update actually is a second half of chapter 13.5 which was released separately in two parts. 13.55 is exclusively on Dynasty. I uploaded full chapter couple of hours ago but I guess for some reason they can't just swap the old incomplete chapter with the new one?

last edited at Sep 1, 2019 3:40PM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 13 Aug 17:28
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

I thought she loves her mother, but seems not so much)

Um... Hello there, it's all happening before she realised her feelings? Rather it should be exactly next scene in the flashback when Asuka is going to come to the big realisation. At least I presume so according to this foreshadowing:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch10#12
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch10#13

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 02 Aug 20:06
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

i kind of hope she ends up fucking the president because it would be weird to save your virginity for your mom. then again, everything in this manga is weird

Well, it seems even since Ayako didn't save her virginity for Asuka either... wait a minute...
Jokes aside I'm about 90% sure that Asuka and Miyuki didn't go all the way.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 01 Aug 18:09
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Well, she specifically does make a connection between Miyuki and her mother—right before Miyuki asks, “Do you have any interest in me?,” Asuka literally flashes on an image of her mother.

She doesn't. The image of Ayako flashed in her mind precisely in response of Miyki's "is there anyone you're interested in at the moment?" Frankly, I have no idea how anyone could misinterpret it.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 12 Jul 17:27
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

But the Senpai Incident is Asuka in middle school (a Jun-kun reminds us), not in high school in the narrative present.

So, wait, we're currently still in some flashback?

It seem so.

Here is the rule of thumb for this manga: if Asuka has long hair (beyond shoulder blades long) it's a present time, if she has medium hair (slightly above or beyond shoulders) - it's a flashback.

last edited at Jul 12, 2019 5:30PM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 02 Jul 08:56
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Can anyone verify or translate this 1x1/2 drama cd? What chapter in the manga is this? Because I've read the manga multiple times and can't seem to recall this scene? Is it just the way it's edited?

https://m.bilibili.com/video/av36539946.html

If you mean that file exactly - It's just a trailer with lines pecked from different chapters. The 3rd drama CD itself consists of:
Track 1 - chapter 6
Track 2 - chapter 6+a
Track 3 - chapter 7 (that one is a delight to the ears obviously)
Track 4 - some bullshit extra where Asuka and Akira pretending to run radio show and answering questions
Track 5 - extra about Akira meeting some of her underclassmen from Uni I thunk.
Track 6 - commentary

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 29 Jun 20:26
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

idk if i can handle it when that day comes

Then you should train yourself beforehand. Here, let me help you - try look at this:
https://exhentai.org/g/640756/ce6c9cc211/

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 25 Jun 17:31
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

@KueKyuuQ

Well I'm glad that someone appreciating my sense of humor.

@Blastaar

Keeping the whole story straight in my head is complicated by the fact that almost every single chapter either contains or is itself a flashback, sometimes with more than one flashback and to more than one point in the past.

Yeah, I can see how that could be confusing. I mean I’m participating in translation of this manga to two languages so by the time both releases are done I know every word of every line and every sound effect pretty much by heart. And the timing of events sometimes still gets confusing – like at first I thought that Miyuki seduced Asuka, then the later started visiting her Mom’s bedroom for… recreational purposes. But it seems the other way around – Asuka started said visits without even fully realizing the reason for doing it?

@Fairypixie24

Then, as long as it keeps selling well, I'm confident it's not going to end so soon.

It’s selling through Kindle indeed and author’s Fantia and Fanbox have paid subscription plans, but I have no idea how well all that going.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 25 Jun 12:56
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Now I'm not sure that's it here (but it could be that Ayako's parents wanted something different for her), but I'd quite like to see Ayako's parents / Asuka's grandparents at some point. Well. Once they've figured out their relationship, as a sort of season 2 theme. Getting together is one thing in an incestuous relationship, making it work in the wider world an entirely different one ^^;

Ayako's parents are dead :(
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch10_1#3

That said I would also very much like to see how Asuka and Ayako would function as a couple after they become one. I reeeeally hope that manga is not going to end right after they start dating.

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 25 Jun 11:16
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Ayako does feel guilty about something (that Akira says wasn’t her fault).

Actually it was Ayako who said to Akira that “what happened” wasn’t Akira’s fault.

I think it’s some bullshit-ish thing on the level of Yagakimi: Ayako was supposed to meet Akira somewhere but couldn’t, so Atsushi went instead (and the scene we saw in the flashback was him leaving the house for the last time) and gotten killed by that one firebender… I mean car, killed by car! As result Akira blaming herself, Ayako blaming herself and everyone are unhappy. Well, until Asuka came to the rescue that is.

last edited at Jun 25, 2019 11:29AM

Alexrain
1 x ½ discussion 23 Jun 17:00
Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Fairypixie24

Also, since I'm at it ⎯ Alexrain: your post on the frequency of autosomal recessive disease for the children of relatives was solid, conclusive, and closed the discussion on that issue. Kudos to you too.

Why, thank you. The subject of genetics simply happened to be close enough to my speciality (which is molecular biology btw).

Blastaar

pending the author’s hypothetical sudden insertion of cutting-edge lesbian-science-babies technology into a narrative hitherto lacking such

You'll never know. Considering Asuka's infatuation with genetics (she was reading Richard Dawkins' "The selfish gene" of all things!) and her possible personal interest in the subject of said lesbian-science-babies she may be the one to discover such technology.