Forum › Posts by SushiKnight

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Fleshfang

Happy "corporations pretending to care about LGBT+ people to make a quick buck because as far as they're concerned a queer person's money is just as good as the money of a literal Nazi" month, everyone!

Er, I mean... Happy pride month, everyone! You are valid, you are loved, and you are perfect just the way you are!

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I'm a bit lost when it comes to the music part of this, but eh. At least I know of the bands being talked about.

I am beginning to feel bad for Aya right about now. Sure I am here for here yuri and sure she isnt entitled to anything but my poor girl is clearly into the dude with style that works in the music shop. I dont know what her eventual reaction to reveal will be but I feel sad for Aya cuz she fell for a dude that doesnt exist.

No need to feel bad for Aya, Mitsuki is clearly more "herself" at the store than she is at school. Remember the bit about the black nail polish? And Mitsuki's character profile makes it pretty clear to me she feels more comfortable with the androgynous look she has outside of school. Aya definitely fell for the "real" Mitsuki, and evidently she doesn't have much of an interest in boys (as per her profile), so I imagine we're not gonna get too much drama if/when the truth is revealed. This has primarily been a comedy, after all.

Personally I'm hoping for a "Wait, you're a girl?...huh...wanna go out?" kind of situation.

I guess that still counts as falling for a "dude" that doesn't exist though.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I absolutely adore protagonists like Luoluo, they're so much fun. There's something about watching selfish, scummy, dirtbag characters that's just immensely enjoyable.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

there are somany "Plain girl x Gyaru" stories lately. Should this haveits own tag?

I don't think it's necessary. Most things tagged with gyaru are already ordinary person x gyaru.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I am loving Nanao and how she has no idea what is going on. I wonder if she will find out about the service and try it out. I am also assuming she will do a joint deal with Asumi one day.

She's going to assume that Asumi is the prostitute, and try to hire her after several pages of working up the courage to ask. Just you watch.

Yeah, it's pretty clearly being set up this way. I imagine it'll happen in the next 2 or 3 chapters, but maybe even as early as next chapter.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Tokyoghoul

-eat the peach
eat the peach
eat the peach
eat the peach
eat the peach
eat the peach

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Gommotheworld-1530930017097875456-img1

Banana split.

SushiKnight
Genshin Impact! 28 May 01:38
SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Mayggxx-1526444617213923329-img1

^what, you don't do those things with your galpals?

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Centuriic-1525480481013514240-img1

Centurii-chan knocking it out of the park again.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Soap_ai-1525838128329592833-img1

Her point still stands.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Words cannot describe how much this makes me laugh.

It's perfect. A thing of beauty.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Given that we're talking about jp metal stuff, here's a dump of lesser known metal bands from jp i found over the years:
黒夜葬, Galneryus, Imperial Circus Dead Decadence, 5150, Denkare, Yousei Teikoku, Powerless/MuryokuP, UtsuP, Nocturnal Bloodlust, Matutinum Miserabilis, UI-70, まぐなむお~ぱす, Onmyo-za, Pearls Before Swine, Pizuya's Cell, Dragon Guardian, Yakui the Maid, Takamachi Walk, IRON ATTACK!, UNDEAD CORPORATION, i-chan, Unlucky Morpheus, Piece Of Rain, Vanitas Vanitatum, Caz, Diabolic Phantasma, Hone Your Sense, S.S.H
I tried to only put metal bands here, but some non-metal ones might have slipped by, also most of those are really hard to find. there are some pretty known ones tho. Some vocaloid stuff, some touhou stuff, some dead bands, sorted in no particular order, but most have at least something interesting to listen to.

One of the best band names I've come across is "Oral Cigarettes"

I'm afraid to ask what the alternative to an oral cigarette is...

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I completely forgot about this series! I wonder what's going on with it?

It's being very normal.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Kiegenshin-1510709723011551235-img1

^uh. what? I can't tell if that's a joke or not. I've never heard someone say that before, but...okay. (Also I know that was just a typo but I hope her hand's not in her ass. That sounds uncomfortable as hell.)

last edited at May 1, 2022 1:22PM

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

It's kind of funny. Some people are saying that the lack of romance as a driving factor in the story was a problem that made it boring or bad. That it didn't work because the author was trying to tell a non-romantic story within the framework of a romantic one.

The way I see it, it's not the lack of romance that's the problem. It's the lack of people's ability to comprehend a story without it. This is what normativity is about. Heteronormativity takes away society's ability to see gay as normal. Allonormativity takes away the ability to see ace and aro as normal. Obviously the people on this site would mostly see gay relationships as normal, but that's not what this story is about.

The author isn't "using the wrong kind of storytelling". The reader is, to put it plainly, expecting the wrong story. This has, from the very beginning, been a story about ace-spec people. The text is quite clear on that. At no point has it been anything else. The idea that there wasn't any payoff is built upon a pre-conceived notion of what the payoff would have looked like.

I was happy with the ending. It could have been better, but it wasn't bad. The only complaint I have is something many others have touched on: Rio was completely unmentioned despite being a pretty significant character. She was at least as important as Matoi's sister, that's for sure.

Regardless, I enjoyed myself. The afterword was fascinating. I had no idea that the meaning of "asexual" in Japan was more equivalent to aro ace in the west. I was a bit surprised the author knew there was a difference, but they seem to have put a lot of work into getting things right, so it makes sense that they'd know. I wonder if the author is ace-spec? I assume so, but I'd have to look into it to be sure.

Oh, also, it's definitely yuri. I don't know for sure if it should be tagged romance or not, but I'd say yes.

We need asexual and aromantic tags on dynasty. demisexual too, probably. That said, finding any media with ace-spectrum characters is nigh impossible, so there'd probably only be like...one or two things with those tags.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

why use QPQ instead of telling people you're dating/partners/married? It feels like an just extension of conflating romantic and sexual

People love inventing labels and terms even though it's redundant, sometimes they do so thinking it's special. Take pan and bi as an example. Pansexual is basically bisexual by definition but they reject the latter for some reason. Or demisexual and sapiosexual, which is not an orientation because both straight and LGB people can have this affinity. The former towards emotional connection while the latter, intellectual connection. Everybody has their own unique mix of preference towards people, relationship, and things. New labels aren't necessary for all of these.

First of all, you're literally wrong about the pan and bi thing. Also, you don't get to decide what labels are redundant and which aren't. If someone made a new term for themself bc all the other existing ones didn't feel quite right, then that's all the reason and justification they need to do so.
Maybe stop spouting nonsense if you don't know what you're talking about, you're embarrassing yourself.

No, EVERYONE gets to decide for themselves what labels are redundant and which aren't. Words mean slightly different things to different people, and each of us gets to decide for ourselves what those words mean to us. This is especially true when people start minting new words. You can't get angry if you mint a new term and other people are slow to pick it up or simply disregard it as something that isn't useful to them.

At the same time, people should try to respect others' feelings which includes not attacking those things that others personally hold dear. If somebody is all hung up on their sexual identity and they decide to describe themselves using terms you find odd or superfluous it's a dick move to attack those words in their presence since it is akin to attacking them personally. Also, in a lot of cases, some of the terminology that people take issue with has become widely adopted by the mainstream which means you will come off as ignorant if you go around claiming widely utilized terms are nonsense.

I understand where you're coming from here, but I don't think anyone is saying you're not allowed to decide on what matters to yourself. Only that you're not allowed to decide for others.

Claiming people are just making a word up to feel special is hateful bullshit that should never be tolerated, no matter what one's own thoughts on the matter are.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

You know what, Matoi should really get together with the other girl and turn biker girl to a sugar mommy or something.

lol I was kind of thinking about how something like that would work. Matoi and Rio could have a mutually-reciprocated romance, while Matoi and Yuriko are also together in an almost poly-like arrangement. I don't think it's very likely, since Matoi doesn't really seem interested in Rio at all, but it would certainly be an amusing way to tie everything together with a neat little bow. :P

edit:

People love inventing labels and terms even though it's redundant, sometimes they do so thinking it's special. Take pan and bi as an example. Pansexual is basically bisexual by definition but they reject the latter for some reason. Or demisexual and sapiosexual, which is not an orientation because both straight and LGB people can have this affinity. The former towards emotional connection while the latter, intellectual connection. Everybody has their own unique mix of preference towards people, relationship, and things. New labels aren't necessary for all of these.

Wow, what a stunning display of ignorance and narrow-mindedness. Pray tell, what labels do you consider necessary, and what is it that justifies them so greatly?

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 6:37PM

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

(TL;DR for the below, it's a term that exists because it can be used to describe relationships that don't usually get given much of society's brain-space.)

This is basically the way I expect most people to react to the idea so don't worry about it too much if it just doesn't ever make sense. It might just be something that's impossible to grasp if it's not something you intuitively understand....

My sister is aro/ace and I myself am demi, and everything you said sounds spot on to how she's described having a QP relationship to me (she's the one who really helped introduce me to the ace spectrum), so I'd say you did a damn good job explaining it.

I'm relieved to hear this. I was worried I might end up stepping on someone's toes with that wall of text. Glad I didn't stay up til 3 AM writing it for nothing lmao.

I adore this latest chapter. Yuriko and Matoi "getting together" like this was my best case scenario for the manga. It's nice not to feel the sting of disappointment from a manga you're really invested in once in a while. :P

edit: I gotta say, this might be the most wholesome thread on the forums lol. So much support and eagerness to connect and learn, it feels great. <3

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 3:14PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

SushiKnight posted:

Yes s2 confirmed but don't expect a release anytime soon, they're going to prioritize quality

Any idea if it's going to pick up where S1 left off or is it like "well, we advertised those heroes, on to the next few"

Don't worry they will keep going in the same direction, in fact you can hear their voices in the official announcement of the part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu9HTOIUxLk (only voices btw, there's no trailer or pictures or anything out there yet so don't trust any clickbait sources).

That's a relief. It felt like there was a lot left unresolved, so I was worried I would need to go learn things about league now ...and as a dota fan, that would be a fate worse than death. :P

The pacing felt too quick at times, but I think that had more to do with how many characters they were jumping between compared to how many episodes they had in which to do everything. I hope they keep it a bit more focused in S2, though I'm not sure how they'd do that without just bumping some characters off.

Overall though? Very good show. The animation and voice acting were superb. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched already.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Yes s2 confirmed but don't expect a release anytime soon, they're going to prioritize quality

Any idea if it's going to pick up where S1 left off or is it like "well, we advertised those heroes, on to the next few"

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Okay well, I just finished watching Arcane and...

...was that the ending? It was only 9 episodes right? I'm not missing something? I mean, it's not a cliffhanger, per se, but... I don't know. Kind of an odd way to end it. Is there a season 2 in the works that will somehow pick up from here?

edit: Is the show just backstory leading to the video game's lore or something? Because I don't like league and have absolutely no interest in playing it, much less learning about the lore. I was kind of under the impression that the show was wholly self-contained until now.

last edited at Apr 26, 2022 9:03PM

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

@V-Oblivion
I think this is their D&D nights.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

It took just under 7 years for everyone to agree that they're not just friends.