Forum › Posts by imp

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

With yuri goggles, you can see yuri everywhere.

I was reading "Koi da no ai da no" recently, which is as het as possible but I couldn't help but ship the MC with her best female friend and hope the male interest gets rejected (I dislike him actually). All the more because said female friend states a few times "if I was a guy...". I'm tempted to tell her... "You're not a guy, but go for it anyway! He doesn't stand a chance against you!"

Yuri goggles are wonderful.

I like koi da no ai da no when it was gag manga

imp
Anime season 16 Jun 23:06
joined May 8, 2015

I just hope their next original isn't as bad as Kill l-wait i better not finish that sentence

Though they are making Little Witch Academia 2 and i liked the first quite a lot

I DARE YOU TO FINISH THAT SENTENCE. I DOUBLE DARE YOU

joined May 8, 2015

Oh wow. Now I don't care if any male species in the story be kumiko or reina's romantic associate as long as in each episode they (kumiko and reina) continue to caress each other cheeks and bantering with their faces just inches from each others.

They have the red string of fate going from Kumiko to Reina!!! That confession... it's canon to me. I could just scream.

SPOILER Ahead!!! Ok not exactly a spoiler because this what I read from another forum. That red string thing is from the third novel (or side story?). I don't know the detail but apparently at some points the band member will be paired to each other and the pair will be tied by red string . Natsuki is paired with ribbon girl as shown in this doujin so perhaps reina is with kumiko

Also from another forum, reina is kinda awesome because she still do that sexually charged interaction with kumiko even when she officially going out with that potato of childhood friend (i dont remember his name).

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 11:30PM

joined May 8, 2015

Oh it's on dynasty! Been following this one on Batoto and loving it.

imp
Anime season 16 Jun 03:33
joined May 8, 2015

At least anime surely isn't as dead as Game of Thrones. Lat season was just awful.

The fun in not following GoT is spoiling all the deaths to my friend who religiously invested in the series and haven't watch the latest episode

imp
Anime season 16 Jun 03:14
joined May 8, 2015

I thought Trigger will supposedly save the anime industry? According to all the nice lads in kotaku comment section (HINT: all comment section sucks, don't go there)

joined May 8, 2015

Ahahahahahhaha. To be fair to kyoani, in the novel there's a lot of sexual tension between kumiko and reina, and so far they're doing a really really good job bringing that to anime. So as far as adapting a novel goes, kyoani is pretty great.
I'll still swallow whatever bait kyoani throw then be drown in my own tears afterwards.

joined May 8, 2015

By the way, if they took every high school yuri manga and made prison yuri mangas instead, the world would be a better place. I seriously need Season 4 of Orange Is the New Black to happen soon.

In a perfect world, every month there's a new season of Orange.

Haven't watch S3 and it's monday already, every second until weekend is excruciating. I need my fix of Poussey :(

joined May 8, 2015

I finished season 2 of OITNB yesterday and that was pretty much the best season finale of anything I've ever seen. SO satisfying on like every end. First 3/4 of the season was pretty rough on the Alex x Piper and definitely not enough Alex in general but now the Alex x Piper is happening again and Piper knows what she wants. So looking forward to tomorrow.

Btw Taylor schilling, the actor playing piper, is lesbian and dating Carrie Brownstein (Sleater Kinney member and creator of portlandia)

joined May 8, 2015

Almost forgot the very well reviewed Duke of Burgundy. I heard it was like 50 shades of gray but with excellent plot and acting and it's about lesbian instead of horny businessman. Here's one of the many comparison between the two.

joined May 8, 2015

Satsuki: if you want to discover more music I recommend to subscribe to streaming service like spotify or rdio, you'll discover a heap of new artist with their algorithm. Or if streaming is not your cup of tea there's last.fm. Or if you're not a fan of sharing your listening habit to faceless corporation you could always read music publication like stereogum, pitchfork, paste mag, etc. Lastly, I know critics score is not a good measure for how much you enjoy an album but metacritic is pretty reliable to discover newly released stuff

last edited at Jun 11, 2015 6:30AM

joined May 8, 2015

As the name implies that blog seems to focus a lot on Black Metal and similars, i'm not that hardcore, most of the stuff that i listen to has beautiful clean vocals in the middle of the brutal growls, and the ones that doesn't gotta have some high level of energy that makes me want to mosh

Well actually stereogum also has column for pop (written by the fantastic Chris Deville) and rap and regular music coverage. Metal make up for really small part of their scope.

Do any of you guys listen to Sun Kil Moon? Beautiful music written by asshole human being.

imp
Anime season 10 Jun 23:58
joined May 8, 2015

And, yes, Mikagura is about a lesbian love triangle

Even if she uses the word "friend" the whole scenario feels like two jealous girls fighting over the same gu-imean-girl!

Arc-v: JAIL AGAIN!? I hated that part in the 2009 ds game...

I want to mention gintama again as well since I think we are going to get a huge ship tease in this arc with Tae x Kyubei. It's a genderbender saga WAIT don't go just listen! Kyubei's whole character revolves around Otae(both girls) she IS in love with her but Otae always quiet about her orientation because affection in not welcome in this series, only Kyubei got rule 63'd so I think they'll get away with more than usual. Their back story is bittersweet but I don't want to spoil it, but if this got you interested just be ready for a lot of penis/poop jokes and a lot of slapstick The animators seem to ship them too since her are always lovey-dovey in the OP/EDs example current ending current opening Horse Sadaharu best character 2015

I never watch gintama anime and dropped the manga after around 200 chapters because by that time THERE ARE TOO MANY CHAPTERS TO CATCH UP. Maybe the anime will be more forgiving.

joined May 8, 2015

I'll also link this for any sexy situation in manga or something like that.

I have a different choice for music in sexy situations in manga

I said sexy not sexual! but I suppose this one good for Hardcore NSFW stuff like Yuri Mekuru Hibi.

People said that The XX's song is song for having sex, maybe you'd like em.

My favorite adult song is by FKA twigs tho

joined May 8, 2015

Lol I jest (but I do listen to Taylor swift a lot)

Anyway 2015 has been a fantastic year for music fan so far. Some of my favorite artist who release new album:

Slater Kinney
Father John Misty
Sufjan Stevens
Courtney Barnett (WHY IS THIS WOMAN NOT ABSURDLY POPULAR)
Waxahatchee
Bjork
Purity Ring
Yowler
Kendrick Lamar
Brandon Flowers

And we still have new Lana Del Rey, Grimes,and Chvrches coming out later this year. Will definitely losing my shit on new Grimes.

Yes I like pop music

Kyonne: I see you like metal, then I recommend you to read The Black Market column in stereogum which is, IMO, the best music blog in the world. The latest metal album to earn Album of The Week there is Children of the Night by Tribulation, rings any bell? (I know nothing about metal Lol)

joined May 8, 2015

Taylor Swift

Yeah my taste is bad

joined May 8, 2015

So I just watched the season 1 finale of Orange Is the New Black and have to go to sleep now cause I only have like 5 hours left and and I'm pretty much in physical pain here. I can't even imagine how people who watched the show as it aired must have felt. Like, that's not a cliffhanger (5 cliffhangers, actually), that's just cruel.

Really good show, by the way, so many great characters. Fuck the fiancé, though.

OITNB season 2 and The Knick is the highlight of 2014 TV series for me.
Season 2 is, imo, 10 times better than season 1 And Piper character evolve a lot. I always like her, but in Season 2 I LOVE her

joined May 8, 2015

Ushio:
My wish is kinda the same but opposite of yours? I wish there is a seinen/josei non-romance story in which the MC is openly gay (bonus point if MC is female) but the story still continue as usual without dwelling on MC's sexual orientation. Basically something like murcielago but without the explicit sex part, because I can't help but felt that sometimes the character non-standard sexual orientation played for shock value and service. I prefer SOL story tho (imagine if MC in mushishi or O/A are gay, but the story didn't revolve around them so their sexual orientation is just part of the character)

TL;DR version: I wish there are anime/manga with prominent gay character to level the playing field, it doesn't have to be romance. My sentiment is exactly like how Shonda Rimes insist to create a show always with black woman MC.

last edited at Jun 10, 2015 2:09AM

joined May 8, 2015

Yes but I wanted too keep all that a secret...oh well... but she's not exactly THE final boss

I don't think Gone home(pc) has been mentioned right?

Whoops sorry. Well technically almost the final boss (I totally forgot about her master)

Gone home totally slip from my mind. I remember I starts to play the game purely because game news outlet won't shut up about it and pleasantly surprised with the story. I think nobody has mentioned it.

joined May 8, 2015

But then we have stuff like this and this and even in the face of total heartbreak and disappointment I can't help but keep shipping these two band geeks ;_; What's wrong with me?

It's ok we're all human that way. I will personally stay on this ship and makeup for the lack of real yuri in anime with my imagination and pixiv account ;_;

imp
Anime season 10 Jun 00:27
joined May 8, 2015

Even ignoring the yuri, Euphonium has moved in a direction that doesn't really interest me

And, yes, Mikagura is about a lesbian love triangle

I watched 3 episodes and sort of forget about mikagura. but lesbian love triangle might pull me back. lol

joined May 8, 2015

Oh yeah if anybody here can read japanese there's blog for kyoani production staff where they comment about the episode they're working on.

One of the comment is the art director's musing on episode 8 that she wanted to watch that particular scene over and over again, because it was so beautiful. (and imo that's also the highest point of this whole series, the music score is so fucking on point in that scene)

Also it seems the staff also like kumiko and reina pairing and well aware of what they're doing in the anime. My guess is that they can't do anything about the original material and they have to follow it (remember shirobako, original author is the god)

So does that mean we should stop blaming KyoAni for not doing yuri, or blame them even more for making it so painfully shippable?

Let's blame the world for letting all of this to happen. Pray your hardest to godoka that next year yuri fans won't suffer anymore.

joined May 8, 2015

Oh yeah if anybody here can read japanese there's blog for kyoani production staff where they comment about the episode they're working on.

One of the comment is the art director's musing on episode 8 that she wanted to watch that particular scene over and over again, because it was so beautiful. (and imo that's also the highest point of this whole series, the music score is so fucking on point in that scene)

Also it seems the staff also like kumiko and reina pairing and well aware of what they're doing in the anime. My guess is that they can't do anything about the original material and they have to follow it (remember shirobako, original author is the god)

EDIT: found the link for production staff's comment! http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/staff/anibaka/blog/ I can't read shit in it though lol

last edited at Jun 10, 2015 12:02AM

imp
Anime season 09 Jun 21:10
joined May 8, 2015

Yuyushiki manga also have this arranged marriage bullshit? We're still on volume 2 from 6, and the serie is ongoing, anyone knows how things go later? And if it's really ongoing? I remember someone insisted in it's thread that it was yuri and that it didn't have arranged marriage, because the mangaka only did yuri before.

How I start watching yuyushiki:
1. In dynasty reader main page a lucky star doujin is the featured series
2. I read it
3. interested in the mangaka so I search his/her other works
4. Found out about yuyushiki
I did found her/him through Yuri manga but I consume yuyushiki not expecting Yuri because I thought it's just another girls doing things story. So I do not have problem with the lack of yuri I might found later. Beside there are zero male character which is a big plus in my book. Ha

EDIT: I want to add that lucky star doujin is one of the best thing I ever read in dynasty reader.

last edited at Jun 9, 2015 9:11PM

joined May 8, 2015

Tumblr will definitely have melt down over this. I know people like to take their shipping seriously (me too!) but this ship sunking is now overshadowed the real MVP of this EP that is natsuki senpai. She is a gem.

Reina too, her getting pissed is a joy to watch. So goddamn cute.

Also asuka is cold as fuck

last edited at Jun 9, 2015 8:57PM