Forum › Posts by takachi

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

wow, did Apple pay for this chapter I wonder?

joined Mar 28, 2014

Is it still translated or has it been dropped?

This is a difficult question to answer. In short, I don't really know.

The translator we were working with at Yuri Project has been away for a little while now (a month or so), and they didn't give me a heads up about leaving or anything. I'm hoping that they'll be back, but in the mean time, there's not much we can do regarding the series. I'm thankful for any patience being provided to us regarding our lack of releases, and if the translator does return I'm fully committed to continuing the series, but if anyone else decides to pick up where we've left off right now, I won't stand in their way.

oh, I hope the translator is ok! let's pray that they return soon. raws shouldn't be a problem, but without a translator they are useless(( really hope this continues, you've been doing such a great job so far...

I miss this series...

so true...

last edited at Nov 18, 2021 12:14PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

Is it still translated or has it been dropped?

takachi
joined Mar 28, 2014

Ohhhh!! Hino's in looove!!! So cuuuuute!!!!

joined Mar 28, 2014

I worked so hard this past week, that I thought I deserved a new chapter from Vol.10. Lol, so bold of me, right? Anyway, guess it's time to level up my Japanese and try to read it raw. Not that I'll succeed big time, but... yeah, I need some AdaShima now...

Granted I myself just upped and disappeared one day cuz I disliked my family so yeah lol most people confused by this are all saying"I love my mom" so I can see why I get it and they don't lol.

Yes, I think my dad did just that too. In fact I think he kinda found his Shimamura in my mom, in a way. But he certainly didn't completely broke all his ties with his parents. And I spent some of my childhood summers with my grandparents from both sides. I wonder, does Shima have grandparents from her dad side? She seems to have visited only her moms parents so far.

takachi
joined Mar 28, 2014

Well played, Hino, well played... :D

lol, not gonna be surprised if she was the one who untied Koguma's top to begin with

takachi
VAMPEERZ discussion 26 Oct 07:50
joined Mar 28, 2014

hahaha, I bet yet another cute vampire has been awakened

Also shout the fuck out to Shadi and Khara making a little sand mosque lol

yeah I also noticed that one - quite something, isn't it?!

joined Mar 28, 2014

ohhh, finally some response, good girl Yoroizuka-san!

joined Mar 28, 2014

What is implied by coming out - that her parents know? Her friends know? Her colleagues? Students?

JiaoJiao means a pretty girl, right? Or is there more to why it sounds funny?

joined Mar 28, 2014

Whooosh, what can I say, took me a while to gather my thoughts as there's so much I want to write... so I'll probably just start.. Sorry it's gonna be a long read. Wish I could join back all the discussions here last year while the translation was ongoing. Reading all of your comments after every chapter/volume was entertaining and interesting.

About the last chapters:
While I do relate to Adachi A LOT, her relationship with her mom is something completely beyond my understanding. Was I lucky enough to have my mom more of a Shimamama type, I wonder? Which is why the 2nd chapter of Volume 10 hit me almost as hard as the last chapter of the anime special. It's just too cruel and brutal. I hope with time they will find a way to make piece. I'm glad that at least Adachi's mom now has Shimamura's mom as her friend, so she can get to know how well her daughter's doing. Gees, that last part of the chapter was very.. VERY hard to read. I might skip it next time I reread it.

And honestly, I hope the tone of the coming chapters becomes a bit less depressing and dramatic, and instead a tad bit brighter and romantic. I don't know what sensei was/is going through while writing these, but it feels like the reality might have been harsh on him. And one thing I most definitely DON'T want to read about is either Gon's death or anyone else's death...

On the positive side, the 2nd chapter is basically like the night before Adachi and Shimamura are getting married)) Shimamama's words to Adachi over the phone shows just how much she loves her daughter. That was really sweet to read. Now Shima's all yours Adachi, hehe.

About anime special chapters:
After I read it the first time, I was crying for two weeks straight. After all the fluff, especially in the first volumes, chapter 4 of the specials has completely knocked me out. Partly because I kinda relate to Shimamura's fears of staying alone - those seeds were carefully planted back in Gon's chapters of Volume 6, developed in the mist chapters of Volume 8, and here they pierced through my very heart and soul.

But at the same time it was very sweet to realise to which extent Shimamura ended up loving Adachi - she literally confessed that had she been given another chance, she'd have gone for it again and again, in fact she asked Yashiro to make sure it happens so. That was a truly proper closure to her love. Shimamura: more Adachi please in my next life.

And yet, despite this bittersweet message, reading chapter 4 is too hard for me. Every time I do it, the only way out of the heavy feelings and emotions I experience is to rewatch the anime. It's actually kinda funny to think what if the whole intention behind writing the anime special chapters was to force you to rewatch the anime))

About Yashiro:
Her name and the way she is introduced in the anime seems to imply that rather than an alien, she's a deity, a kami perhaps. I never really understood what kind of deity thought. A deity of Adachi and Shimamura's love/universe? A deity of Shimamura's relaxing attitude? Yashiro's name's kinda funny if you attempt to literary translate the kanjis. Something like a shrine (yashiro) of weed of a wise oneself (chikama) lol. And she kinda proves her name with actions throughout the story. She's there to calm everyone down, especially Shimamura, every time Adachi's gay weirdness comes into play. I keep asking myself, would Shimamura really make it without Yashiro. And maybe there also was a previous AdaShima occurrence too?

About Nagafuji and Hino:
Damn, I really want some closure to these two. It's fine even if they don't end up together, although I'd prefer them to of course. But I need at least some kind of closure. Almost as badly as I wanna read about AdaShima's first kiss and first time)) Ok, ok, I'm exaggerating here but you get my point.

About Shou:
I wonder what was it about her last years - why were they hectic? And what was her whole life about? Did she end up being single? And no kids were mentioned either, right? That's really a pity that Shimamura's line ends with her. Actually this whole kids/children topic is also brought in volume 6 I think for the first time. It's really, really sad the nature doesn't have an answer to this problem for humans. And I guess that's what partly also hurts when reading the anime specials. The moment I start thinking how Shima's mom would want to have grandchildren makes me cry. Yashiro SURE is needed there for all of the Shimamura girls...

About Shimamura:
Her character. Is it just me, or is she really different in anime and in the novels? She is so deeeeep in the novels and yet so light and casual in the anime. Is it translation specifics - I hear her so differently in my head when I read the novel! Or is it wrong voice casting or even a director's mistake in character depicting? Or is it how Shimamura really is - so light on the outside and at the same time so deep on the inside?
Also, when I think about Shimamura's deeper inner side, Saeki Ran from Stretch comes to mind for some reason. I could even imagine Shimamura getting addicted to alcohol if she could handle it AND if she lost her Adachi.
And probably the craziest association, Shimamura somewhat resembles me of Agnetha from ABBA. Oh well, not that it matters in any way, just a fun fact of my weird perception.

Anything else left on my mind:
I kinda hope we get Tarumi closure in this Volume 10. I absolutely adore how Shima's love for Adachi is developed and well-written, Shimamura getting gradually invested more and more, step by step, with every chapter. And we sure know how deep the investment goes at the end. So delaying Tarumi's rejection any further makes no sense.
Also, I'd love to read AdaShima coming out to family and friends. I guess they are quite obvious to everyone around, but I really wanna read about the reactions, how does each one of them take it in.
And maybe it'd be interesting to read a bit about Adachi's dad.
It's a bit sad that we're now jumping back and forth on the time line though. I wish the story would get back a bit of time lineraity as it did in the first volumes. But that could be quite a challenge, especially in the light novel business when you never know when they will get cut.

joined Mar 28, 2014

oh yes, sex is overrated - lewd handholding is what's truly wholesome

takachi
joined Mar 28, 2014

Wow I'm quite surprised Hino stressed so much about getting in touch with Koguma at the beginning of the chapter. Looks like she fell in love quite badly. She's probably just too hot.

last edited at Sep 14, 2021 7:25AM

joined Mar 28, 2014

so, Volume 10 is out in Japan!
The chapter names are in English this time.
https://imgur.com/8WBvswl
Can't wait to read it.

joined Mar 28, 2014

lewd handholding they said...

joined Mar 28, 2014

Thanks for replying, btw. I was sure that no one would care about a random comment on this show at all XD

Hehe, I am the one person in the forum who had to reply no matter what.
I mean, look at my avatar. :P

Haha, surprised by the sudden thread on the forum, I was sure, while opening it, I'll find Nene's comments inside. I mean, yeah, look at her avatar))))

last edited at Sep 1, 2021 7:37PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

Oh... that sure brings memories... one anime I loved and adored so much... that at some point I got so tired of it, that I'm now only listening to the OST (yeah-yeah, I'm sure another couple of years pass by and I'll do yet another rewatch)

Imho SKU had some of the best filler episodes ever

THIS! Cows and elephants for the win!

1. What IN THE WORLD was Miki doing with that TIMER!?

Catching your attention. I mean it. xDD

The show definitely had its share of problems plot-wise (quite a large share, for that matter...), it often got a bit repetitive and there was actually a whole arc where I never really got what was going on... Oh, and the filler episodes were the absolute worst I've ever seen.

It'll come with time. After the first run I was the same. But then there was another one. And another one. And the movie. And another one. And more Ikuhara shit. And reading Demian by Hermann Hesse. And... yeah.. somewhere there it's still repetitive, but who the f**k cares, because FUKAKU, MOTTO FUKAKU!

I'm actually planning to watch the movie as well, even though I read that it isn't exactly a sequel...

Go for it... I hated the movie after the first watch though... I love it dearly these days... You've been warned...

joined Mar 28, 2014

There's my 15th doughnut! So sweet, yum - thank you so much, TL team!
Good to see both, Hinako and Asahi, longing to see each other. I wonder if they end up meeting that evening or not. Looks like she didn't see Asahi where she expected her. But would be funny if they meet right in front of Hinako's apartments. Asahi sure deserves a doughnut, doesn't she?
Poor Fuuka. I hope she finds her proper sun eventually. At least it's good she really understands what's going on and is mature enough to accept it as it is.

joined Mar 28, 2014

So, volume 10 is in print and will be available for purchase in Japan on the 10th of September 2021. Judging by the synopsis and my poor Japanese skills, it's gonna be about the two moving in together. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I couldn't help but give the novel another round of reading after the first one. No more rushing through the story, simply enjoying each and every chapter. I really want to thank the translator for the amazing work on this masterpiece. I know it's not a lot, but it is with your help I discovered this gem and ended up buying all volumes in Japanese even if I can't properly read it. So if anything, it's definitely your effort that brought me to support the author. Thank you dearly.

joined Mar 28, 2014

I sure miss my 15th doughnut

takachi
VAMPEERZ discussion 27 Aug 09:49
joined Mar 28, 2014

Reread the whole thing... damn now I sure feel like I left the entire story behind while reading on a monthly basis... what I don't understand now however is why they wanted to seal the sword somewhere else with Maoa's help? Wasn't the original shrine's barrier good enough? Or was it because any normal human could have been asked to take it out?

takachi
VAMPEERZ discussion 26 Aug 10:23
joined Mar 28, 2014

wait, so did Shadi get cursed because she was gay? Then it makes sense why the power of love undid both curses, hehe

Technically it's Maoa's seals that turn Yanyan the crow into Shadi the human/vampire (normally it's those tags/stickers she sticks on, but I guess Maoa's barrier accomplished the same thing too). As for what's being sealed, however, I guess we'll have to wait until the next chapter.

oh, I see. That makes sense about Maoa's seal and Yanyan!
But then to a certain extent one could state the opposite to what I wrote earlier - rather than the power of love, it was Maoa's barrier that broke Ghika's curse on Ichika? I take it that in reality both factors were at play at the same time.
Anyway, I think I should reread the story from scratch as I think I somewhat lost track of Aria's motives. I also kinda wish this story was animated - so much potential for comedy, action, and romance...

takachi
VAMPEERZ discussion 26 Aug 08:08
joined Mar 28, 2014

wait, so did Shadi get cursed because she was gay? Then it makes sense why the power of love undid both curses, hehe

takachi
joined Mar 28, 2014

Woah, Hino really made it with the exams!

takachi
joined Mar 28, 2014

^ I feel the need to point out that she actually has no buttons. :P

Also, pretty sure Hino would faint first, based on what we've seen so far.

Pretending to faint, Koguma landed on the bed. She realised that Hino's lips had still been attached to her body, right there above the chest. In fact it was not just the lips. Hino's entire body was now pressing heavily from the top. For a while, nothing else was happening. Only that sweet enamouring scent of Hino's hair was slowly getting Koguma drunk. She opened one of her eyes to look around and check what's going on. Hino was lying on top, motionless.
'Wait, did she collapse? That idiot!', Koguma gave it her all to roll over to the side together with the practically dead body of her schoolmate. She was now sitting on top.
'Hey, wake up already! Stupid Hino! Are you alive?', Koguma was in panic.
'What should I do? Do I give her the CPR?', she was dying from embarrassment when that thought reached her head.
'Kyaahh!! What shall I do? Damn you Hino, please don't die on me here!', Koguma breathed in as much air as she possibly could and bent forward - Hino's beautiful face was now right in front of hers. She then opened Hino's mouth with her hands slightly shaking, closed her own eyes and let the air flow between Hino's soft lips.
She was about to bend backwards for another round when Koguma felt two hands interlocking behind her neck, keeping her head close to Hino's face.
'Ha, caught ya - someone's looking really embarrassed now!', Hino whispered with a grin.
Neither of them could sleep that night.

okay-okay, I should stop with this nonsense)))

takachi
joined Mar 28, 2014

Hino: Well, if you're fine with it, then how about undoing a few of your pyjama buttons next...?
Koguma: I'm embarrassed!! Look! I'm really embarrassed now!!
H: Sheesh... Are you, really?
K (averting her gaze to the side, almost pouting a bit): Well... If you... If you un... undo the...
H: The rest of the buttons myself? Then what?! (undoing the buttons) Will your face get even more embarrassed?
K (turning all red like a tomato): Yaaa...!!! It sure will! Look how embarrassed it is now! It's growing embarrassed more and more!!!
H: And if I kiss you here? (smooches the collarbone)
K (falling on the bed and loses consciousness of embarrassment): kyaaah.....