Forum › Posts by Seira

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Oh, the next chapter (raws) are out, and...

It's a Kuro & Miyabi chapter, so I completely skipped it until I saw Uta, LMAO. The biggest development at the end is that an older woman calls out to Uta in the streets... IMO, this woman is presumably Risako, so the next chapter may be where she finds out about her brother's cheating...

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

It feels like Nene’s envious of Amane in some way. Like, Nene appears to have this very strong need to feel special - something that she seemingly has been denied of when we saw her at her photo shoot. She wants to be called cute, she wants Kou (although I’m guessing she would’ve been okay with just about anyone) to look at her only, and we see that she gets angry when Kou goes over to compliment Amane’s work outfit.

Just judging by what Kou said at the end, it’s pretty evident that Nene isn’t over Amane either, but something must’ve torn them apart, and I’m almost positive Uchiho’s the culprit... otherwise, she wouldn’t even need to be in the story at all. Like, seriously, she doesn’t look like she’s playing any role at all at this moment, lol.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Zexalfan posted:

Zexalfan posted:

Thanks a lot for the new update! Super Cute chapter! but with a surprise ending!

it's posible Yori may have pull the trigger to early but I admire her bravery and that she really didn't left room for error lol.
While I am sure by the end they will be together, what matter is how they get there so it will be interest how their different "loves" go from here.
Anyway I love Yori and I wish her the best cause I get the feeling that she may get rejected at first but we'll see.
anybody knows if it's already on par with raws or when new chapters get released?

Apparently this month's yuri hime didn't had any chapter so... We're all caught up!

I see! thank you! guess is waiting time now ^^;
something I am wondering is, probably the love song Yori is writing maybe the realization Kino needs, but would the song alone be enough for her to see Yori in a romantic light rather than the admiration love she has right now?

I guess it depends on the lyrics but mostly on how close to her ears she whisper the love song hehehe, I say she needs to be close enough to feel her lips on the neck, then it wouldn't matter if the song is good or not... it could even be Despacito

PS: In fact, all of you try to imagine that all this time, Senpai has been singing Despacito in the roof

Wow, Asanagi Alexa-senpai.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

No, I'm almost certain he was asking if Saki liked Shizuku in a friendly way.

If this is true then i stand corrected but can you ellaborate why you think that's the case. Personally i have no idea why he would need to ask Saki if she likes her sister in a friendly way when the answer is already so obvious especially for him since he was literally observing them all day.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I’m sorry if any of that comes off as standoffish. I know it’s more likely that you haven’t seen the official description for the series or the raws, so I’m just trying to be informative!

Not at all, thanks for the info!

Most of my reasoning comes from the official description, but other than that, I believe that Mio’s goal right now is to get Saki to like Shizuku (platonically), since Shizuku’s never had a friend before apparently. Mio knows Shizuku is completely foreign to the idea of friendship - there’s almost no way he’s going to think about love. Both of them were also extremely worried about the amusement park date going well, so Mio asking Saki about whether or not she likes Shizuku at the end was a good way to gauge if their efforts have been a success so far.

There’s also the idea that Mio himself doesn’t even know what love is. He’s 10 years old and doesn’t know what a sister complex is, whereas his classmates his age already know, LOL. Kids these days.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 5:32AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Have you considered the fact that the title might reference a point of time ahead of the current point in the story.

So the chapter 3, because thats literally what we are talking about. The title implies that the brother knows her sister's a yuri and chapter 3 shows that with the scene where the brother ask if saki likes her sister, and the fact that he can asked that question so casually in the first place means he's not a stranger when it comes to girls liking other girls. He was even wondering why saki wants to keep it a secret when it was so obvious that her sister also feels the same way(im honestly wondering too).

No, I'm almost certain he was asking if Saki liked Shizuku in a friendly way. In the raws, Saki asks Mio to keep it a secret, but she says it in a way where she's treating Mio like a child (which... he most definitely is, lol). On the next page where Mio is asking, "Shh...?", it's actually showing that he isn't clear on why it needs to be kept a secret from Shizuku at all. This isn't an interpretation from the English translations, but rather how it comes off to me in the raws themselves. Plus, this kind of misunderstanding is a very common trope in romance manga. Also, the official Pixiv description for this series says something about how everybody's different definitions of "love" will slowly come to light, which, to me, makes it clear that Mio, Shizuku and Saki have different ideas of it for now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I’m sorry if any of that comes off as standoffish. I know it’s more likely that you haven’t seen the official description for the series or the raws, so I’m just trying to be informative!

Off topic from this argument, but the next chapter release (raw) is slated for June 28th.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 4:07AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Mio may be unaware of what Saki means by "like" for now, but I feel like he'll at least understand it before Shizuku herself finds out, lol. Maybe he'll still have to help her out a bit more even after Saki and Shizuku get together.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I’m not sure what the raws say since I haven’t seen them, but considering “oba-san” can mean either “aunt” (blood related) or a respectful way to refer to an older woman, I’m pretty sure Indou was just a stray puppy picked up by Kagami’s mother. As others have mentioned above, Indou had a scrawny appearance and supposedly lived in the dumps before she enrolled in the academy, and seen in this chapter, it’s Indou’s first time seeing the Kagami household at all.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Wow, I’m really happy that Miyako remembered what Kouko said in the previous chapter about the “someone like me” thing and caught herself from saying it again this chapter. That’s a big step forward for her, and I’m proud.

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 5:27AM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Wow, I just feel like Kou, Amane and Nene are all playing into Hayama's little game. Granted, Kou transferring in was unexpected, but seems like it worked in Hayama's favor and she only needed to make a few little adjustments to create a relationship shit storm between all of them.

last edited at Jun 6, 2019 1:32AM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Hey, was that a kiss in page 28???

I think it was... even tho it's not shown distinctly... I mean, in panel 2 Nene and Taru seem to be face to face and close enough to touch lips... and in panel 3 we see that Taru is standing on tiptoes, which is a classic movie shtick meaning that you're trying to reach the lips of a taller partner...

I think they kissed. I'm guessing that's why sempai is smiling so smugly: she caught them on camera. I foresee lots of angst when Amane sees the pics.

Oh, and are those beads of sweat, or saliva just a few panels after? :^)

On a side note, it’s interesting how we don’t see Nene’s eyes whenever she has strong reactions in this chapter, like when she’s told off by her sister’s friend or when she’s blushing while staring at Kou.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I love the way the story is moving along. We don't really know much about Tsugumi, Midori or Haru yet, but you can really feel the kind of pain all three of them went through/are going through. It's also beautiful to see how much of an impact Tsugumi left on both Midori and Haru. It's like that saying - "people aren't dead until they are forgotten", and in this case, Tsugumi still lives on in the both of them.

The first chapter confused me a bit when Midori said, "Spring was when my most precious person was taken from me" before she got the call to attend Tsugumi's funeral, but I think it makes more sense that Midori's not actually referring to Tsugumi's death, but rather, something that probably happened right after their graduation since Tsugumi never went to high school. Or the first few pages could be a time skip, but it doesn't feel likely since Haru isn't there (unless they've both moved on). Guess we'll have to see.

last edited at May 23, 2019 3:30AM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Huh, I was actually right about Amane being the Sunset Girl, and that the picture might not have been a pose for a photoshoot.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I have to said this again.
Kaede is BEST GIRL

I'm with you 100% on that.

I’m with both of you on that.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

On the flip side, using your same argument, if the girl in the picture was Hayama, wouldn’t she have been able to recognize her to some degree as well? But again, this is the first time Tarumizu’s ever seen any of them, so it’s reasonable enough to expect that she wouldn’t be able to recognize any of them right off the bat.

Well, she did recognize Hayama right away though. I don't see any indication that she didn't know how she looked. Seeing how she knew the "Sunset Girl" photo beforehand, it would be weird to ask "Is that you in the photo?" if she already knew what Hayama looked like. If it is Hayama, basically MC has no reason to ask. If it is not Hayama, then she didn't seem to care who it was.

There is also no indication that Tarumizu knew what Hayama looked like before meeting her. She could’ve just assumed, considering Hayama was the only person in the club room. Tarumizu transferred to join Hayama’s photography club, so if there’s only one person in the room, that was probably her only guess.

Anyway, this is all just an argument to prove that it isn’t Hayama, and while it seems like we’re just picking at the straws for clues, I’m hesitant to believe it is her, or that her being the “Sunset Girl” would impact the story at all (or at least, compared to Amane being the girl instead).

And I do think the “Sunset Girl” photo is important to the story since it was brought up and Tarumizu specifically asked about it. Hayama also followed up commenting on her slump, and the year it was taken seems to add up with Amane and Nene’s middle school years, so I remain skeptical of it.

I personally still think there’s more evidence pointing towards it being Amane than Hayama (plot wise), or even more unlikely, a third-party might be involved. There is less reason for Hayama to be involved in this drama if she has no connection to Amane and Nene, and this may be it.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Rereading the chapter, I feel like the bed girl might even be Amane, if it’s not Hayama. For one, she kind of looks like the girl in the picture, with about the same length of hair, and secondly, it may explain some of the drama between her and Nene? Seems like Hayama herself isn’t sure when they broke up, but it could’ve even been after the picture was taken.

I can't really deny the possibility. It's not like I'm an artist, so I'm only going by my gut feeling, but the eyes, facial structure and hair just don't seem to be Amane's. If it is Amane, then even MC did not recognize her, because she would certainly have asked her why she was a model for her idol.

I mean, all the art things aside, it’s possible that Tarumizu couldn’t recognize her because of the somewhat dark background (I’m no photographer, but I’m assuming it’s gotta be pretty dark in the bedroom if it’s already sunset with no other lighting) and if it is Amane, she isn’t donning her gyaru style at all in the photo, so she might look pretty different. It’s also Tarumizu’s first time seeing Amane in person, so it’s not surprising at all if she didn’t recognize her.

On the flip side, using your same argument, if the girl in the picture was Hayama, wouldn’t she have been able to recognize her to some degree as well? But again, this is the first time Tarumizu’s ever seen any of them, so it’s reasonable enough to expect that she wouldn’t be able to recognize any of them right off the bat.

When I think about it a bit more, Amane’s involvement in a photo shoot seems like it would make for a really big plot point. Maybe Nene felt inferior to Amane for being in a contest winning photo, and that caused a rift in their relationship. Or perhaps Amane looking vulnerable while being on someone else’s bed was the turning point. Adding onto that, it’s possible Amane wasn’t even posing for a photo, but was in a bedroom with Hayama, who just happened to take that photo to capture Amane’s “natural” beauty and submitted it into a contest.

Whatever the reason behind their breakup was, I feel like Hayama had some involvement in it... partly because there has to be some reason why she even exists in the story (keeping her role as president of the ex-photography club into consideration), and partly because of the way she refers to both Amane and Nene (first name basis). She also knew they were dating, but I guess it also depends on how public Amane and Nene were with their relationship. Finally, Hayama also mentioned she was in a slump... Supposedly after that “Sunset Girl” picture, so that struck me as suspicious too.

In any case, I’m curious about how this will all play out. I don’t know why, but Hayama just gives me this “evil” vibe, LOL. Something about her makes me feel like she has ulterior motives. Like how she ominously repeats the word “Together?” when Tarumizu suggests they enter the contest together, or the way she examined Tarumizu’s photo and commented on how good she was. I mean, also the fact that she casually drops the “oh yeah, they’re ex-girlfriends” bomb on Tarumizu in their like, first week of knowing each other, but tbh, that was probably just to move the plot along, lol.

Edit: Oh, more evidence would be that Hayama took the “Sunset Girl” photo two years ago, and because she’s a third year and Tarumizu is at least a second year or below, it would line up with around the time Amane and Nene were still in middle school/possibly about to enter high school as well. This may have been when the breakup happened. Tarumizu also specifically wonders about how Hayama managed to get such a perfect shot too.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 2:36PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Wasn't her award winning photo the self-portrait (aka fancy selfie)?

The chapter doesn't call it a self-portrait though, just that it won a competition. I'm not sure they're the same person, since the one in the photo seems to have lighter, longer and straighter hair than the photographer. It's hard to tell though.

Right, I just read the chapter again, you are correct. For some reason to me it just looked like it was a photo of her. It was even on a bed, so she could have just put the camera down and used a timer.
Camera girl mentioned that this photo was taken 2 years ago, so maybe senpai's hair was longer back then... ah I'm just reaching here.

Now I'm even more curious.

Rereading the chapter, I feel like the bed girl might even be Amane, if it’s not Hayama. For one, she kind of looks like the girl in the picture, with about the same length of hair, and secondly, it may explain some of the drama between her and Nene? Seems like Hayama herself isn’t sure when they broke up, but it could’ve even been after the picture was taken.

Finally, kind of a stretch on this one, but Hayama refers to Amane by her name with no honorifics, and uses “-chan” for Nene, so she must be somewhat connected to both of them, but even more so with Amane than Nene.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 12:16PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Wow, I like the detail in Hayama’s hairstyle for some reason, LOL.

I hope Hayama doesn’t turn out to be evil and try to steal one of Tarumizu’s photos to enter it into the contest under her own name though.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I like the progress and I see the ‘yuri’ tag but I’m also a little afraid this will turn into not-yuri...if that makes any sense

The manga ends after 3 volumes, so I don't think it covers everything (I never read it myself, but it's not enough to cover the whole story). It's the (currently untranslated) light novels that will pay off.

There's a member here that is translating the LNs, the same person who has done the translation on this manga. So hopefully we'll all get our wish and be able to see it through to the end, heh

There are currently 7 volumes out, so that's probably going to be a while! Not hating on the pace of the story or the speed of the translations (bless sneikkimies for translating both) by any means though, just stating that it will realistically take quite a bit of time. It'll be a slow burn for sure, but it'll be well worth it. Although, it's a shame that the manga got cut off at its third volume. :(

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I like the progress and I see the ‘yuri’ tag but I’m also a little afraid this will turn into not-yuri...if that makes any sense

The manga ends after 3 volumes, so I don't think it covers everything (I never read it myself, but it's not enough to cover the whole story). It's the (currently untranslated) light novels that will pay off.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

for those who can understand japanese. here is the last chapter (and the conclusion) of this serie chapter 22 https://www.manhuagui.com/comic/23158/421393.html#p=2 if you want to read it. to be honest i think i won't.

This is actually in Chinese, which I can barely read in comparison to Japanese, but I'll try to share what I know. If someone has the Japanese raw or something, I can piece it together better. However, keep in mind that I missed out on every chapter after the 12th, and there are some details of the story I've forgotten altogether (i.e. basically ALL of the vampire stuff, LOL).

Spoilers:

Very TL;DR: Sara ded. Iris learns Sara sometimes reincarnates (Mizuki was Sara's predecessor). Iris cocoons. Sensei visits a comatose Aoi in the hospital. Tells her she loves her. Sometime later, Iris goes back to school, and finds another Sara. This Sara is confused AF because Iris grabs her out of nowhere and asks for her name. The story ends with new Sara about to introduce herself (though we don't get to see her name).

The very long version:
So from where it left off last chapter, the last request on Sara's bucket list is for Iris to reach into Moe's pocket (a stuffed animal) to uncover her last secret. Iris finds a USB stick, which upon inserting it into her laptop, discovers a video that Sara recorded in secret before she passed.

The first thing Sara does is apologize for leaving Iris behind, even though she knows the latter is a crybaby. Sara then offers all sorts of words of encouragement to Iris, essentially implying that she does not regret becoming the bride to Iris. The things she said also make it seem like she is trying to tell Iris to accept herself for what she is (a papillodaemon or whatever). She then reveals her "secret" - that she is actually a reincarnation of Mizuki, and may continue reincarnating. The reason why she didn't tell Iris this beforehand was because she wanted to be loved as Sara, and not Mizuki.

She then goes on to say that she hopes Iris can find a new bride, However, (correct me if I'm wrong), she continues with:

Sara: If, by some miracle, I am reincarnated and we meet again... On the days you may feel like crying and the new me is willing to support you,

Sara: Senpai, I want you to grant me the pleasure of becoming your bride again.

Sara: From the very beginning and from now on, I will always love you.

Iris responds by saying that she has always loved Sara and always will continue loving her as well, and tells Sara to wait for her, as she will surely find her again. No matter how many times she has to do it, she will always find her. She says all of this as she cocoons. Meanwhile, Aoi is comatose and sensei apparently is still researching for ways to get her to wake up. Again, I have no knowledge of the previous chapters, so these are probably developments I missed, lol.

Anyway, sometime later, Iris goes back to school and calls out to a new Sara from behind. When they're face to face, Iris asks for her name, but starts tearing up out of nowhere, startling both new Sara and herself. New Sara thinks Iris is weird, and is confused as hell. The story ends with new Sara about to give her name to Iris.

Oh yeah, my personal opinion:

"Cute" as this was, it feels so weird that it'll take many Saras to keep Iris happy for her impossibly long lifespan, LOL.

last edited at Mar 31, 2019 5:18PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I haven’t read anything between chapter 12 and the latest one (chapter 21), but I skimmed through 21, and if anybody’s curious...

Sara dies, Iris goes to her grave and all. The chapter ends with Sara’s letter to Iris, where she has all these bucket list requests for Iris. One of these is for Iris to find a new bride, and the last one is that Sara has some sort of secret that Iris will probably discover next chapter.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Oh, more reason to keep the lolicon tag now.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Unlikely, but it would probably make for a nice adaptation if the author comes back and rewrites/fleshes the story out more for the anime. A remastered version of Frag Time :^)

I’m kinda surprised this got chosen for an adaptation, but I’m sure Murakami’s type of character gets a lot of love in Japan, lol.

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 10:18PM

Seira
Confession discussion 12 Mar 03:06
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

LMAO Tomomi's character design reminded me of Sakurako (YuruYuri) at first.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I love how doting Sakurako is with Hinako, LOL. Letting her come over, changing up dinner plans and even accommodating to her tastes in curry.