Forum › Posts by selene5deum

selene5deum
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I've come to love the interactions between Yui and Saeki. They often offer a lot of interesting insight on what's going on with Nanami from two very different and privileged points of view.
Plus I tend to like it when "rivals" aren't at each other's throars.

selene5deum
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

The guy wants to discuss things like a reasonable person, WHAT A CONCEPT!!

Interesting how he saw the kiss, the girl was awake, all three basically know what they’re doing. And I think the reason for saying like at least I told her my feelings properly is because if he truly loves the girl, he’d think it’s only fair for the girl that she likes to properly confess just as he did

The guy is being the most reasonable of the bunch, weirdly enough, with Ichika being completely oblivious and Ritsu being insecure and consequently aggressive. Hope that's not an excuse to dismiss her feelings altogether.

selene5deum
Beloved L discussion 27 Jan 07:17
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

But I'm not agree with the outcomes of this manga. And I think most of the readers just don't care, because it looks awesome. That's my point.

I'm pretty sure everyone's perfectly aware that Wei's actions are selfish, inconsiderate and very very damaging to everyone around her - that is kinda the point of her character after all.
At the same time I believe a good story doesn't stem from how morally good or bad the characters in it are - I don't think morality has a place in the judgement of art at all! Art should be judged solely by artistic criteria imo.
So, even on the assumption that readers do not care or accept or excuse or whatever the Doctor's questionable choices (which, as I said, I don't think it's the case), I fail to see how judging a comic by its drawings constitutes a bad thing. Sure, you could say there's a lot more to comics than just aesthetics: storytelling, character development ecc; but at the end of the day we're talking about an artistic medium. What I mean to say is that every one of those things I mentioned above on its own is a far better standard than ethics in this case. And by no means the appreciation of any work of art implies the acceptance of whatever's displayed in it.

selene5deum
Their Story discussion 27 Jan 06:14
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I live for Qiu Tong bossing Sun Jing around a bit when she messes up

selene5deum
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

For some reason I never realized there was more than the Prequel and I have to say this took an unexpexted turn for me.
The story is irritating in a good way - like @themusicman500 said, this can (and does) definitely happen to people who don't really think much of themselves. When you're like that it's really hard to believe that anyone could actually like you, so I see why MC went with the one who put it more clearly to her. Hopefully she'll soon get over her insecurity and realize what's going on.

selene5deum
PPTP Log discussion 25 Jan 14:38
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I feel like this is a step further than the previous one - kudos

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

Noooo why would you leave her side when you clearly want to stay!!! Jeez what's up with these characters always half-assing their own desires

selene5deum
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I can accept this, lol. Not that it was never acceptable to begin with.

There's no accepting it. They are the new yuri gods now

selene5deum
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

Err, I thought MC-chan was the anti-MC, she was suppobsed to be the drama defuser... Will she make it?!

Ikr?! But I still have faith!!! Looks like she's already taking the hint

selene5deum
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I find it nice that even with all the chaos that must be in her head at the moment, Kaoru still doesn't simply detatch completely from her husband; it seems like something that would happen irl

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

and now for a delicious cake baked by Sucy ......

selene5deum
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

It'd be rad if they tried to sort this out like normal people would and not with the whole 'but you're a girl too!' or 'boys are gross' stuff

Guess I'll wait and see!

I forgot to add, basically I don't want it to be like NTR.

selene5deum
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

It'd be rad if they tried to sort this out like normal people would and not with the whole 'but you're a girl too!' or 'boys are gross' stuff

Guess I'll wait and see!

selene5deum
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

Saw "Pieta" and "sequel," almost slipped a disc.

Completely agreed, mate

selene5deum
Image Comments 16 Jan 07:44
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014
Dtfcrpow4aaxrwx-orig

this is the only good ship

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

Awww, I'm a bit disappointed to see all the yuri potential go to waste - for a moment it really looked as if it was building up to something.

Guess we'll have to settle for the usual older relative x edgy girl sidecouple... better than nothing I suppose

selene5deum
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I gotta say I've fallen in love with this protag, she's the fucking cliche / trope destroyer. I feel like in every chapter when drama happens, she just doesn't give a shit and pushes through. When time I get worried she might run away and get into an emotional crisis like every other MC she just runs up to her edgy waifu and smacks some sense into her.

Bless Ena and bless you for this beautiful comment

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I like to interpret this not only as a critique of heteronormativity, but also as a slap to forced drama based on poor communication, which are both very common themes in all romance manga as far as I can tell.

If it wasn't for the rushed and badly thought out resolution (with regards to poor Masato mostly) I'd say this was a very good story.

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I need more of Taeko's (concise) Yuri Reviews!!

selene5deum
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

so far it appears the author had a pretty good idea of what he/she wanted to go for in each oneshot; I quite like that!

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

That was pretty sweet! Plus the art is cute (and smexy as well)

selene5deum
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

the art is good enoug, but I really have trouble understanding what's going on in each single panel, not to mention the whole thing

last edited at Jul 9, 2019 12:55AM

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

THAT GOT STEAMY REALLY QUICK YO

selene5deum
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

@Koveras, I have nothing to add, just wanted to appreciate your awesome contribution

selene5deum
Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

So she somewhat likes her

that's a start right?????