Forum › Posts by whatwhat

joined Sep 15, 2013

South of nowhere is perhaps the best Yuri show set entirely around the lives of teenagers, so of you are looking for some good old fashioned teen angst show then south of nowhere is for you. The handling of characters was done well. The show ends on a happy note as such so no worries on that end, the only issue I had was that the 3rd season felt rushed.

whatwhat
Murcielago discussion 21 Jun 02:04
joined Sep 15, 2013

So when is the six way xD

joined Sep 15, 2013

Being a little selfish here, but are there more doujins like this with similar subject matter as well written as this?

joined Sep 15, 2013

This was just great, I don't really follow tohou at all but the way this was written makes it one of the best things I have read here, like it got me emotionally in a way that I wasn't expecting at all. Beautiful.

whatwhat
joined Sep 15, 2013

You can start a WordPress blog and ask people you know to go through your stories there, you could also post a link here and i am sure there are people who wouldn't mind reading something new, and because you are on the internet you will get a lot of people correcting your grammar. Because you are keeping the initial numbers on the smallish side you shouldn't have too many people trolling you and stuff. Alternatively just post sections of the story randomly on YouTube comment section :P

whatwhat
REAL Lesbian Manga 17 Jun 13:41
joined Sep 15, 2013

So I think I confused myself over ashleys post, I read sympathises and thought that she meant situations where you would feel pity or sorrow for the characters, where as she just wanted as people said mangas which showed a Yuri pairing being treated the same way as one would treat a straight pairing, that was my bad I generally don't make such obvious mistakes sorry.
You can read the anthology titled Resounding Echos, filled with angst sure but none of it is because of their orientation(iirc that is.), pretty good read.

last edited at Jun 17, 2015 2:12PM

whatwhat
REAL Lesbian Manga 17 Jun 06:03
joined Sep 15, 2013

This question slightly confuses me, would pieta be something to your liking? Or are you searching for ones like honey honey as posted by the person above, realistically portrayed romance is difficult to find in mangas and art in general because so many of us read or consume it as an exercise of fantasy.

joined Sep 15, 2013

Hmm..so the perfect way to end a discussion is to answer all the questions, well who knew xD

joined Sep 15, 2013

So I finished watching skins, and the show was okay, different from the usual teenage drama shows that you generally watch, probably because it was British. Getting to the point. Add skins(the uk tv series) because there is undeniable goodness between Naomi and Emily. It ends very well between them and has probably the best monologue ever delivered or at least the one with most feels.

Tl;Dr: Add the uk tv series skins there is a lesbian main couple in the cast.

Except I heard one of them died in the movie. Cancer.

But if you avoid that then yeah.

Oh, wow ouch. Hadn't seen that yet. Well fuck. Why. They were so good together :'(

joined Sep 15, 2013

So I finished watching skins, and the show was okay, different from the usual teenage drama shows that you generally watch, probably because it was British. Getting to the point. Add skins(the uk tv series) because there is undeniable goodness between Naomi and Emily. It ends very well between them and has probably the best monologue ever delivered or at least the one with most feels.

Tl;Dr: Add the uk tv series skins there is a lesbian main couple in the cast.

joined Sep 15, 2013

Also if you haven't watched it yet, watch rizzoli and isles and take a shot whenever you feel that this show is obviously gay, you will be blackout drunk by the end of the episode. Its probably the gayest non gay piece of art since stretch.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 6:51AM

joined Sep 15, 2013

We really are missing so many of the popular shows right now, like grey's anatomy(calzona!!!), lost girl, pretty little liars and glee(glee pretty much has all the demographics covered doesn't it)

joined Sep 15, 2013

The O.C is just horrible, never watch it.

joined Sep 15, 2013

For movies you can also watch imagine me and you, it is a very popular movie with pretty fantastic actors, also since the movie is British it scores extra points for that amazing accent

whatwhat
Magan&Danai discussion 12 Jun 00:20
joined Sep 15, 2013

This was cute, on a side note, they were watching supernatural lol

joined Sep 15, 2013

Yes!yes! Finally a place where I can squeal about Shaw and root. Person of interest is one of the better tv shows around, the Shaw-root thing starts in season 2 and grows very subtly and is amazing to watch.
- Carmila is watchable just because of the chemistry between the main characters, but apparently that's all it takes because I saw it all in one go.
- buffy had willow whose growth was amazing to watch and you almost have THE girl that you could want in her but then a trope happened.
- South Of Nowhere is an amazing show, probably the best teen Yuri show ever made.

last edited at Jun 9, 2015 9:41AM

joined Sep 15, 2013

fap

Is this gif from the movie camp takota or from one of their channels?

last edited at Jun 8, 2015 3:12PM

whatwhat
Cocytus discussion 07 Jun 06:34
joined Sep 15, 2013

Cocytus is the name of the river of wailing, but translation is "lamentation", it seems like that is what the mangaka was going for.

I see, thank you.

whatwhat
Cocytus discussion 06 Jun 15:28
joined Sep 15, 2013

I still don't understand why they picked this name? Is it going to be extra sad or contain something supernatural?

whatwhat
Cocytus discussion 06 Jun 15:21
joined Sep 15, 2013

Interesting

whatwhat
hello 26 May 16:55
joined Sep 15, 2013

I am in the middle of watching the first season of fringe, seems like a show that would be very hard to write, I mean they are setting up so much and I don't know how will they explain it all while keeping the law of escalation in mind. P.s the old guy has such a creepy voice

whatwhat
World Canvas Manga 26 May 16:17
joined Sep 15, 2013

Thank you anju for bringing this work here, the premise seem really interesting. Really thank you :)

whatwhat
hello 26 May 16:09
joined Sep 15, 2013

Yes, I do need to work on the titles, also i am surprised more people here don't watch person of interest and ship shoot

whatwhat
Anime Recommendation 26 May 16:03
joined Sep 15, 2013

Rave masters had a rushed ending imo, but then there is a vast majority of amazing mangas which have endings which seemed rushed, also that was a fantastic movie clip that you linked jack Nicholson reigning in his crazy is capable of great acting, fairy tail is too far gone to even debate about. I never leave anything half read, but fairy tail disappointed me so hard I don't think I have ever been so disappointed

whatwhat
Anime Recommendation 26 May 14:58
joined Sep 15, 2013

Also I was sad as I watched fairy tale dissolve the way it did